Armageddon: Before the Rift Rules, Setting and Signup

Zephyr2011

PLEASE READ: Before we get down to the meat and potatoes I'd first like to say that I don't demand nor expect you to read every word of this post, it's pretty lengthy, it's for those that want more background information on Armageddon or are just bored and looking for a decent read. Although I do ask that you read each and every rule thoroughly I don't have many rules but I don't want them broken. They're up both before everything else and after everything else so there's really no excuse to not read them. I also ask that you have a rudementary understanding of Armageddon and the storyline so that there aren't thousands of ooc: posts asking about this or that in Armageddon when it's stated here. I'd also like to thank you for looking in on our humble RP and I'm thankful for your interest even if you don't RP with us.

THE RULES

-NO GODMODDING! you're not invincible, you CAN die, if you attempt some unrealistic, utterly impossible or stupid feat that would realistically kill you ten times over then you are in fact dead. suck it up, that's life, you were stupid with it and you died. You can make a new character. You also don't have the power to decimate an entire planet with the twitch of an eyebrow when you're some adventurer. The actual people in the RP are slightly better than the average adventurer not gods they also don't have the gear of gods unless they do some ridiculous quest or fight some nasty beasty (in the RP not prior).

-YOU MAY ONLY CONTROL SOMEONE ELSE'S CHARACTER WITH THEIR PERMISSION OR CHAIN OF COMMAND (more on chain later) no exceptions to this. you can also tell me you don't want anyone to control your character unless you give them express permission (which should be done in the rp in an ooc post) when you send me your character sheet.

-TO START YOU GET 2 CHARACTERS NO EXCEPTIONS. However if you want a third or a fourth blah blah blah you can send me those character sheets and if I approve you can have more. But you only get 2 to start so there's some depth to characters instead of a bunch of cartoons (dimensionally speaking) in the RP. Heck you could have 10 characters as long as they have thought put into them and I need to see thought in them before you can have more than 2.

ON "CHAIN OF COMMAND"

-Chain of command is my idea to prevent RP freezeups and deaths because of the absence of a GM. If the GM is gone then the first person to get an approved Character sheet takes over as the GM both using their characters and controling the game. If the first person to get an approved character sheet (RP1) is gone but the GM is present the second person to get an approved character sheet (RP2) takes over for RP1. If the GM is also gone the RP2 takes over for both of them including characters and AI. It continues like that down the line. If the last person to get an approved character sheet is gone then the GM takes over for them so it's like a loop. Chain of Command isn't the best name for the system but it's the one that makes the most sense. Like the rules said if you don't want chain of command to allow other people to use your character if you're gone (the fifteenth day you're gone is when it would normally kick in) then tell me in you're character sheet and I will list the poeple unaffected by Chain of Command in terms of characters.

THE SETTING

-PICTURE an amoeba, a blob that continually shifts to move around. Now picture an entire realm like this made of water, next put small islands scattered throughout it. Roughly 20% land 80% water with the equivalant water content to three times that of Earth. There is no seafloor the islands are more like icebergs of land than anything else. The "amoeba" shifts a set amount and it's not arbitrary it's on a fixed cycle. Just as the realm's boundaries shift so too do the islands. Again though, it's not arbitrary the island will always return to it's present spot at some point in time and it will return at the same intervals (ie: at location x for one year every 10 years). The realm's boundaries shift this means it also collides with other realms and intermingles while that "arm" of the realm is there. For example let's say Isla Chrunus and the surrounding water shifts into Nirn (the Elder Scrolls planet) off the Gold Coast, Nirn's waters are on one side while Armageddon's waters are on the other. Potentially you could sail to Isla Chrunus from Anvil, land, then continue sailing in the same direction but sail instead of off towards Yokunda (the Redguard homeland) into the other islands and the rest of the sea of Armageddon. An abstract concept indeed but it's a concept as abstract as the realm itself. Of course eventually the isle will return to the same location in due time so the sailor could still get home providing he still wanted to and he knew how.

-SOME OF THE MAIN ISLANDS

Saros: home of the Creed of Darkness, the Burning Guard, Sarosians (whoda thunk?), Hellblades (Sarosian subrace, more on them later) and ruled by Inferno one of the "First Four" Pathaura (Gods/Dieties) lord of Darkness and Fire (he's neutral in alignment though) Aedix's tiwn brother. Ados: Land of dragons, wyverns and the Drakkar (humanoid race with distinct dragon features, more on them later) and ruled by Aedix, one of the "First Four" Pathaura, lord of Light and Beasts (he's neutral). Solstia: Major institution of magical learning in the isles ruled by the twin sisters Solara one of the "First Four" Pathaura, Lady of the Sun and Love, marriage in particular, and Lunea one of the "First Four" Pathaura, Lady of the Moon and Love, eloping and secret Love/affairs in particular. Isla Chrunus: isle of time where ancient buildings stand glittering unaffected by rust, moss, lichen or time itself and the people live to well over 5 millenia, meeting place of the Winds. Isla Brohauk: home to the Fencing Guild and ruled by Zephyr (not being a narcicist this whole setting was originally a mod concept and I took my name from it) Pathaura of the West wind, the sword and vindication (he's "good"). Isla Nevix: Home of the Wormweaver Creed (the principal necromancy guild in Armageddon) ruled by Kronos Pathaura of the East wind, necromancy and tyranny (he's "evil"). Isla Kinos new home of the Anarzians (more about them later) ruled by Zephyr Kronos (there's where my name's from) Pathaura of the North and South winds, balance and the inner struggle (he's neutral, his two personalities are good and evil thus making neutrality). Neptus: The isle of storms home to the Gria (more on them later) and the Pantheon of Storms a group of Pathaura lead by Tritus, pathaura of typhoons, hurricanes, and chance.

STORY

-"Before the Rift" refers to before the Oblivion Crisis in Tamriel (again this was originally a mod concept for Morrowind and Oblivion) where enourmous political strife began in clashes for power amoungst both Pathaura and mortals while the First Four sturggle to stop the Oblivion Crisis from spilling over and causing "The Rebirth" a great battle in which the Pathaura lose their immortality and the last ones standing mortal or Pathaura on the isles become the new Pathaura. Before the Rift the political tensions are mounting and assassinations have become an everyday occurance most isles have a mortal leader and these leaders are in constant competition for more land and power. The mortal King of Saros, Rodris has the largest target on his back by being the ruler of the largest landmass and although content to keep Saros and nothing else a great war of espionage has broken out in trying to save and kill him. His supporters are the Burning Guard, the elite army of Inferno filled with only Drakkar and Hellblades they lay their lives on the line to protect the interest of their hellish Lord and his mortal protege.The Creed of Darkness, though usually a very neutral entity whose master is gold, has a religous duty to protect Rodris, who is blessed bytheir patron Likarz, Pathaura of death, poison, and assassination, the pact of assassins try to outwit and outmaneuvre other assassins and launch preemptive strikes on other guilds. While these two factions try to protect him the Rangers of Eleria along with anyone they can pay off or inspire try to cut off his head. The Rangers are a group of marksman, mages and warriors dedicated to protecting the balance of Armageddon and preventing The Rebirth which begs the question are they mislead to sow this discord or can a king favored by the lord of Darkness and his son the God of death possibly be just?

CHARACTERS

-Considering the nature of Armageddon you can be any race from anything, anywhere or any time period you want but if it's not from the races I'll describe or the Elderscrolls series or Earth you need to adequately describe it. After my description of the races I'll post a template. please PM that template along with anything else youd like to ask or add.

Sarosians: The peasants are very similar to caucasian peoples of Earth however they tend to be slightly darker skinned as though tanned. This is the only asthetic difference although they are slightly faster and stronger than anyone from Earth and live to about 170

Sarosian Magei: Said to be haunted with the spirits of the damned (no one who asks gets an answer and very few ask) the Magei have dark blue irises, the "whites" of their eyes and pupils are inverted in color. Other than their eyes they show their age significantly more than other Sarosians, they have an immense affinity for magic having three times the magical capacity as the "High Elves" of Tamriel but bear an immense weakness to disease and poisons for this reason they're usually skilled alchemists. They live to about 500.

Sarosian Hellblades: Inferno's chosen, one in a million children have the crimson eyes, increased strength, speed and dexterity of a Hellblade. They have a natural affinity for swordplay, archery and the brewing of poisons as well as significant resistances to electricity, and the cold while bearing immunity to fire, disease, and paralysis although they are cursed with a great weakness to physical weapons in order to reach they're potential thousand year lifespan they must utilize every bit of their strength, agility and stealth.

Drakkar: imposing creatures that stand on average 8 feet tall. They are covered in scales, have an elongated reptilian snout with large eyes with a vertical pupil. Their tails often times have long spines protruding from them and their thick, leathery wings make them excellent fliers they routinely outpace their cousins the dragons. Drakkar blood is an extremely potent poison and it isn't unheard of for these magnificent humanoids to cut themselves before attacking their enemies to dissolve their adversaries' insides with their own blood. They have a great affinity for magic almost rivaling that of the Sarosian Magei and are quite strong as well as immune to electricity but are very vulnerable to the cold despite their lava-like blood. They can live to an impressive 2500 years.

Griu: In appearance the many different subraces of Griu look just like humans on Earth except for their oddly colored eyes. swamp Griu have silverish eyes, Ocean, a blue-green hughe, most Griu tend to have eye color closest to where they live, hybrid Griu have one eye of each color, inherited from their parents. They are amazing swimmers and can breathe underwater they are quite strong and are usually warriors, raiders, or pirates if they pursue war-like occupations but many a Griu is a humble fisherman or fisherwoman. They live about 100 years.

CHARACTER SHEETS;

-please send me one or two, more as we advance if you want another (note if one gets killed off you immediately get a new one no questions asked if you want one) PM it to me filled out and with anything else you want to add or ask.

NAME/ALIAS:

RACE:

APPEARANCE:

WEAPON(S): Keep in mind you can't carry ten tons so don't have a ridiculous amount of stuff

ARMOR: Keep in mind you can't carry ten tons so don't have a ridiculous amount of stuff

OTHER BELONGINGS: Keep in mind you can't carry ten tons so don't have a ridiculous amount of stuff

MAIN SKILLS: choose no more than5 , the fewer you have the better you are in those

HOMELAND:

FACTION: if applicable

HISTORY: if you want, I usually withhold history until appropriate times in the RP for more realism but to each his own.

THE RULES (again)

-NO GODMODDING! you're not invincible, you CAN die, if you attempt some unrealistic, utterly impossible or stupid feat that would realistically kill you ten times over then you are in fact dead. suck it up, that's life, you were stupid with it and you died. You can make a new character. You also don't have the power to decimate an entire planet with the twitch of an eyebrow when you're some adventurer. The actual people in the RP are slightly better than the average adventurer not gods they also don't have the gear of gods unless they do some ridiculous quest or fight some nasty beasty (in the RP not prior).

-YOU MAY ONLY CONTROL SOMEONE ELSE'S CHARACTER WITH THEIR PERMISSION OR CHAIN OF COMMAND (more on chain later) no exceptions to this. you can also tell me you don't want anyone to control your character unless you give them express permission (which should be done in the rp in an ooc post) when you send me your character sheet.

-TO START YOU GET 2 CHARACTERS NO EXCEPTIONS. However if you want a third or a fourth blah blah blah you can send me those character sheets and if I approve you can have more. But you only get 2 to start so there's some depth to characters instead of a bunch of cartoons (dimensionally speaking) in the RP. Heck you could have 10 characters as long as they have thought put into them and I need to see thought in them before you can have more than 2.

ON "CHAIN OF COMMAND"

-Chain of command is my idea to prevent RP freezeups and deaths because of the absence of a GM. If the GM is gone then the first person to get an approved Character sheet takes over as the GM both using their characters and controling the game. If the first person to get an approved character sheet (RP1) is gone but the GM is present the second person to get an approved character sheet (RP2) takes over for RP1. If the GM is also gone the RP2 takes over for both of them including characters and AI. It continues like that down the line. If the last person to get an approved character sheet is gone then the GM takes over for them so it's like a loop. Chain of Command isn't the best name for the system but it's the one that makes the most sense. Like the rules said if you don't want chain of command to allow other people to use your character if you're gone (the fifteenth day you're gone is when it would normally kick in) then tell me in you're character sheet and I will list the poeple unaffected by Chain of Command in terms of characters.

Alright that covers it I'll set up a seperate topic for the approved characters once I get a few sheets. We'll start up when we've got an appropriate amount of people.

Approved Characters and Start Locations, YOU MAY CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING PLACES TO START: Isla Ados (Rangers of Eleria HQ), Saros (Creed of Darkness HQ), Isla Chrunus (neutral but well informed location)

USER: Zephyr Kronos

NAME/ALIAS: Kriak

RACE: Sarosian Hellblade

APPEARANCE: Kriak is tall, standing at an intimidating 7'. His long black hair falls unkempt just a little past his shoulders often hiding his blood-red eyes. He is quite tan and heavily scarred with atleast one scar for every square inch of skin except for a few locations, his face for example bears only a long jagged line from his right nostril arcing down past the left corner of his mouth and stopping at his jaw. His expression is rarely readable and when it is it's usually disdainful.

WEAPONS: Sarosian Dirges-two scimitar-like swords with a "gut" on the backside of the blade so that it could be plunged clear through the bodry then truned at an angle and jerked backwards to sever the spinal cord and do maximum damage to internal organs, designed to be used together they individually are fairly light but aren't deadly as an average longsword hence why they are usually only used together. Shade-A shortsword with two grooves near the hilt for the opponents sword if the user locks blades in combat, a simple twist is all that is needed to disarm the adversary if they get caught in this groove. The Pearl of Likarz-a savage looking dagger that is more ornamental than practical, it carries great sentimental value to Kriak and although it isn't as efficient as the Dirges or Shade it can still slit a throat and stab a heart, it is also capable of feeding on the souls of those it kills legend has it that when well fed it becomes infinitely more powerful but until it's well fed it is, again better kept as a decoration or centerpiece it is, however quite light. Epigos-A blackened recurveYgdra (tree similar to a yew) bow it has great force with a draw weight of 150 pounds. It's immense tensile strength however leaves the user very fatigued and a shot can't be held for long nor can many shots be fired in succession with accuracy, Kriak usually carries two dozen myr (a metal that when damp and in temperatures exceeding 95 degrees turns into a liquid, thus poisoning people harmed by it, but is as sharp as steel in all other conditions) tipped arrows with him.

ARMOR: Creed of Darkness armor is jet black, lusterless and utterly silent, the perfect stealth protection. Barbs adorn the boots and wrists, they aren't large but in hand-to-hand combat can give the wearer a nice edge. Kriak's sign of rank is a piece of black silk-like fabric draped over his left shoulder that cascades down to jut a few inches above his weist and is secured to the left side of his chest with a silver circlet.

OTHER POSSESSIONS: Kriak often carries a handful of useful poisons, his signature is a poison that increases heart rate, blood pressure, and is an anti-coagulant so in the right conditions it can cause millions of tiny blood vessels to burst and the victim will die of internal bleeding, usually used before or during combat. He also carries the acid-like Drakkar blood, a gift from his superior Maim-Claw, which can dissolve metals and burn through flesh. He also has a few small satchels on his belt that he can store ingredients, trophies and small valuables in should he find any on the job.

MAIN SKILLS: Alchemy-particularly poison brewing; Bladework-Kriak knows how to use a dagger, shortsword and the two dirges with deadly efficiency; Stealth-being unseen and unheard, you've gotta be when you're an assassin; Archery-The giant bow on his back isn't for show.

HOMELAND: Saros

FACTION(S): Creed Of Darkness-Shadow Rank

HISTORY: Kriak's past is by-in-large a mystery, only a select few know any of the details of his life. His mistrusting and dark nature usually scares away anyone who'd want to know and doesn't tell anyone who manages to get the guts up to ask except for his close friends and fellow guild members.

STARTING LOCATION: Saros

USER: Sifo

NAME/ALIAS: Sifo Wing

RACE: Genetically altered Asian human (See Main Skills)

APPEARANCE: A short young adult with a light yellow skin tone. He has medium length black hair that ends at his earlobes. His bangs are a bit shorter and brushed to the side in a neat layered fashion, while the rest just hangs down. The top is short, and can often be found spiked up using water or gel. Underneath the hair on the left side is a silver hoop earring. He has a somewhat slim build, and has feint outlines of his abs from his practice of parkour.

WEAPON(S): An almost perfect condition black bolt-action sniper, with a polished looking finish. Its known as the Scout Steyr.

CLOTHING: Yellow tinted glasses that cause his eyes to look orange, along with a simple black t-shirt. For his legs he wears black cargos over them with many pockets for carrying. His shoes are just regular running shoes that were white but now covered in dirt and mud. He also wears a black glove on his right hand, fingerless.

OTHER BELONGINGS: A simple brass high polished Zippo lighter. (Sifo tends to stay lightweight so he doesnt need a bag.)

MAIN SKILLS:

Aiming: The reason for his use of a sniper was because of his natural ability to hit his target, wherever he looked, at reasonable range.

Hacking: Anything to do with technology has its weakness. Sifo will try and exploit that weakness to achieve the information he needs.

Parkour: Being so agile and lightweight, he can free run, which often helps him get away from stronger melee foes. He can climb to high places most cant reach, which also helps when he needs a height advantage for his sniping.

Thermal manipulation: Born in a post-war world, he was exposed to high levels of radiation at a young age, which gave him this power. He can control temperature, to a very limited extent. As everything has a temperature, this means he can manipulate anything, and anyone, but using this power will put an unbearable amount of strain on his body, and overuse will inevitably kill him. The higher the temperature is (positive OR negative), the easier to control, thus his constant use of fire and ice. He cant create fire and ice out of thin air however, which is why he carries around a lighter. Controlling other human limbs and body parts is possible, but will drastically weaken his body. Same goes for melting metals like bullets and swords. Also, he can exploit his anesthesia by changing his own body temperature to high degrees for self defense against hand-to-hand melee users. Also, like how others can recognize voices and appearances, he can recognize heat signatures and detect them within a 20m radius.

HOMELAND: Post-Apocalyptic Earth

FACTION: Alone (Until he decides to join up with someone in RP)

HISTORY: Now an orphan who roams the lands with one goal in mind, yet to be discovered by another living organism. He was born with anesthesia (no sense of touch). Sifo is a very intelligent young man, a strategist and specialist in tactics. He prefers to think things through before acting, but he has a temper and some would say a short fuse which led to his constant cussing habit. This often leads to violent solutions. Still, he never loses his ability to reason, but good luck convincing him to spare a life. Although his mind runs all these complex thoughts, he never enjoys talking or communicating with others. But when necessary for his own survival, he might slip a word or two.

STARTING LOCATION: Isla Chrunus

USER: gormonk

NAME: Vear`e ~ Haka....translates to The Traitor

RACE:Drakkar

APPEARANCE:height;7'4

age;250

scales of dark blue and gold she also has a small tattoo on her left shoulder

tail cut at birth so it is shorter than that of her kind...this also marks her as a outcast

WEAPON(S): a short sword similar to that of roman make witch has runes etched in the side, forged in Drakkar blood, forged of iron

a small ornamental dagger made from obsidian encrusted with ruby's and white pearls....the only memento she has of her birth mother...it looks like it can be inserted into a lock

ARMOR: very little armor made from died leather and bone tapped together with obsidian studs

she wears silk robes of black and red sown together with silver thread over her armor

OTHER BELONGINGS: a small pack containing herbs and outer ingredients required of her magic

a journal containing scribbles, various spells, notes on the leads shes chasing as well as being used as a diary

a quill making kit along with several feathers(uses her own blood as ink)

MAIN SKILLS: the blade; the ability to dance with ones own weapon as a partner in battle falling each foe as the dance continues

blood and destructive alchemy/magic, base e lament fire; blood and iron the two strongest elements used in alchemy combined with with what skill she has of magic...is the strongest when the moon/moons are full

far-sight;the ability to see and hear others conversations across vast distances...sometimes across dimensions

HOMELAND: Outcast...rejected by her own kind...but grew up in Saros

FACTION: To who holds the most gold

HISTORY:(note....this is written as if a part of her journal)

blood...it began with blood and must end with it...My name is Vear`e ~ Haka...if you are reading this then you have found my journal..and my corps...listen to my tale thus far and answer this...will you take up my quest to for who I am...i will keep this short as not to bother your time to much

from much of my past i cannot remember....but rumors of my birth say that i was born a flame, my mothers blood covering my scales unaffected, my own blood seeping out burning brightly like unholy fire..it only stopped when my mother died and my tail was cut. then i was sent away to die in the lands of Saros...

but little did they know i was found by a couple who told me one day they preyed for a child...i was there gift..beyond this my childhood is fuzzy and hard to remember my time in the wilds....my adopted farther was a smith and taught me the ways of the blade and said i needed to know how to use one for when i was older..i now know why

the worlds a misterous place....the day the guards from Ados to claim rotten corps they found nothing my after birth. i saw this in a dreamed warned my parents...they hid me then there was a knock at the door and then a scream..i ran towards it ignoring the words of my farther still echoing my head....

my adopted mother was killed...i looked to the guards...they looked at me and shouted my name...the first time i herd it...tears flowed down my cheeks as anger built it way up...i remember clearly what happened next..i picked up a knife that my adopted mother was using to cut vegetables for the soup she made...my favorite one to..the guards said i had better be care full with it...i don't know why....then one of them cut my side...i screamed in agony...then spoke words i now know as incantations...the blood that seeped worked it way up around the blade i held and started to burn...the guards say this and became frightened. i looked toward them and slowly walked to them still weeping at the loss of my adopted mother...then they fell one by one by the blade I held...I collapsed in the pool of there blood

my adopted farther woke me and asked me "did you do this?....."I think you are ready to forge your own blade"..then he led me to his forge ...and bucked the blood that has spilled into the pool to cool the iron and the guards blades into a pile ready to be reforged.....by the next day my farther was dead...fallen by the wounds given to him....but my blade was made and cooled in the blood of those who inflicted them..then a saw something...something that i remember having with me when i was left to rot...as soon as i touched it i knew my birth mother was dead....i was alone and some who knew i had to find my birth farther no matter the cost...and now as i wright this having mastered my magic ad the blade i forged all that time ago....in the tavern built on the sight i was left all that time ago... i wright so others will know my story and hopefully will find my birth farther and tell him that his daughter is dead...

Start location: USER: gormonk

NAME: Vear`e ~ Haka....translates to The Traitor

RACE:Drakkar

APPEARANCE:height;7'4

age;250

scales of dark blue and gold she also has a small tattoo on her left shoulder

tail cut at birth so it is shorter than that of her kind...this also marks her as a outcast

WEAPON(S): a short sword similar to that of roman make witch has runes etched in the side, forged in Drakkar blood, forged of iron

a small ornamental dagger made from obsidian encrusted with ruby's and white pearls....the only memento she has of her birth mother...it looks like it can be inserted into a lock

ARMOR: very little armor made from died leather and bone tapped together with obsidian studs

she wears silk robes of black and red sown together with silver thread over her armor

OTHER BELONGINGS: a small pack containing herbs and outer ingredients required of her magic

a journal containing scribbles, various spells, notes on the leads shes chasing as well as being used as a diary

a quill making kit along with several feathers(uses her own blood as ink)

MAIN SKILLS: the blade; the ability to dance with ones own weapon as a partner in battle falling each foe as the dance continues

blood and destructive alchemy/magic, base e lament fire; blood and iron the two strongest elements used in alchemy combined with with what skill she has of magic...is the strongest when the moon/moons are full

far-sight;the ability to see and hear others conversations across vast distances...sometimes across dimensions

HOMELAND: Outcast...rejected by her own kind...but grew up in Saros

FACTION: To who holds the most gold

HISTORY:(note....this is written as if a part of her journal)

blood...it began with blood and must end with it...My name is Vear`e ~ Haka...if you are reading this then you have found my journal..and my corps...listen to my tale thus far and answer this...will you take up my quest to for who I am...i will keep this short as not to bother your time to much

from much of my past i cannot remember....but rumors of my birth say that i was born a flame, my mothers blood covering my scales unaffected, my own blood seeping out burning brightly like unholy fire..it only stopped when my mother died and my tail was cut. then i was sent away to die in the lands of Saros...

but little did they know i was found by a couple who told me one day they preyed for a child...i was there gift..beyond this my childhood is fuzzy and hard to remember my time in the wilds....my adopted farther was a smith and taught me the ways of the blade and said i needed to know how to use one for when i was older..i now know why

the worlds a misterous place....the day the guards from Ados to claim rotten corps they found nothing my after birth. i saw this in a dreamed warned my parents...they hid me then there was a knock at the door and then a scream..i ran towards it ignoring the words of my farther still echoing my head....

my adopted mother was killed...i looked to the guards...they looked at me and shouted my name...the first time i herd it...tears flowed down my cheeks as anger built it way up...i remember clearly what happened next..i picked up a knife that my adopted mother was using to cut vegetables for the soup she made...my favorite one to..the guards said i had better be care full with it...i don't know why....then one of them cut my side...i screamed in agony...then spoke words i now know as incantations...the blood that seeped worked it way up around the blade i held and started to burn...the guards say this and became frightened. i looked toward them and slowly walked to them still weeping at the loss of my adopted mother...then they fell one by one by the blade I held...I collapsed in the pool of there blood

my adopted farther woke me and asked me "did you do this?....."I think you are ready to forge your own blade"..then he led me to his forge ...and bucked the blood that has spilled into the pool to cool the iron and the guards blades into a pile ready to be reforged.....by the next day my farther was dead...fallen by the wounds given to him....but my blade was made and cooled in the blood of those who inflicted them..then a saw something...something that i remember having with me when i was left to rot...as soon as i touched it i knew my birth mother was dead....i was alone and some who knew i had to find my birth farther no matter the cost...and now as i wright this having mastered my magic ad the blade i forged all that time ago....in the tavern built on the sight i was left all that time ago... i wright so others will know my story and hopefully will find my birth farther and tell him that his daughter is dead...

Start location: Saros, tavern of the fallen

USER: MoDqUeen

NAME/ALIAS:

Nynlata Redmoon. Otherwise known as shadow to those who cant pronounce her name.

RACE:

Dark elf turned werewolf

female

APPEARANCE:

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/13/65/50/95/drow_r10.jpg

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/13/65/50/95/digs_i10.jpg

WEAPON(S):

Nynlata has two twin blades in her possession. The blades were both forged from the same metal and were once one sword instead of two. As such the swords are perfectly balanced with each other, making them perfect for a variety of attacks. In length the swords are about three hands long, the unit of measurement being from the base of the hand to the tips of the fingers.

Both swords are forged from a sturdy metal alloy which is almost impossible to break. Apart from the blades Nynlata carries two handmade braces for her hands which enables her to punch twice as hard without hurting her hands.

ARMOR:

Less is more is Nynlatas favorite saying and as such she prefers the bare minimum than tons of armor. That being said Nynlata wears a holster of black leather that covers her chest and wraps round to the back, clipped together by a series of interlocking clasps. On her right shoulder she has a metal shoulder plate that is thredled through the right holster strap.

Nynlata also owns a pair of tight leather pants and black dyed doeskin boots.

OTHER BELONGINGS:

Her lucky gold coin. She found the coin whilst searching through an old Ayleid ruin. Besides that Nynlata has a small key ring of skeleton keys

MAIN SKILLS:

Destruction magic Easy enough to explain, if it explodes, burns, electrocutes or freezes or pretty much causes widespread disaster Nynlata probably cast it.

Hand-to-hand Nynlata is just as dangerous unarmed as she would be with weapons

Swordsmanship if you have sharp pointy objects you have to learn how to use them right?

Inheritance Thanks to Nynlatas family heritage she has the innate ability to sniff out any being in an open or closed area, the presence of blood doubling the range at which something could be detected.

HOMELAND:

Used to reside in Cyrodiil

HISTORY:

Nynlata Redmoon was once nothing more than a Dark Elf with a few inherited family tricks, that was until things changed for her forever. The word change could be taken more literally than most could decipher. How it happened is known by Nynlata and Nynlata alone and it doesnt seem that the truth is about to be shared any time soon.

Besides the fact that she is no longer entirely elven in nature not much is known about her actual history besides many a rumor. Some claim that she was a thief that plagued the cities of Cyrodiil, More claim that she was some sort of bloodhound that worked for the Black Hand, sniffing out dying enemies before ending them once and for all.

What is known is that somewhere along the line a legion of Imperial city guard chased her from the docks of Anvil, only to lose her ship in an unnatural fog. Since then Nynlata has become nothing more than a Myth to Cyrodiil.

STARTING LOCATION: Isla Chrunus

USER: josh900

NAME/ALIAS: Takum

RACE: Appears to be Elven

APPEARANCE: Takum appears to be an average adult elf with silver colored hair, Hes a bit tall for an elf at 5,9 and of slender build. His grey eyes seem to hide many years of experience and wisdom behind them. Far more than someone his age should have. With a charming smile and a face that you just seem to want to trust Takum seems to stand out while in a crowd.

WEAPON(S): An inconspicuous staff which has the ability to retract to a smaller size to fit into his jacket or to reveal a long blade hidden within it.

ARMOR: A leather jacket, Doesnt like to be weighed down by heavy armor

OTHER BELONGINGS: A brown bag full of random items, clothes, maps, books, food, and the occasional animal that has hitched a ride inside.

MAIN SKILLS: Illusionary magic. Takum has a rather strong gift in the creation of illusions. Some strong enough to confuse every sense of a person.

Trickery. Hes a good cheat. He knows how to trick people and not get caught. All the while making it look easy

Encyclopedic knowledge. Takum has spent most of his life in the pursuit of knowledge, Regardless of how trivial. And often enjoys putting that knowledge to good use.

Heightened awareness. Knowing whats going around you is always important. And being able to tell what a persons thinking by their body language is a must when trying to figure out how to trick them.

Unclassed magics. Throughout his travels Takum has learned many different types of magic that dont fit into the normal classifications of other kinds. These can be anything from parlor tricks to the stuff of nightmares. Luckily hed rather not use most of these around other people as they tend to be rather unpredictable.

HOMELAND: Terondil

FACTION: if applicable

HISTORY: Not much is known about Takum. Even on his own world he was an enigma . He claimed to have been a Moon elf outcast but showed none of the regular signs that the outcast had. In fact the city that he claimed to be from never even existed. And anytime anyone asked where he was from hed either give them a cryptic answer, or if he was in the mood to toy with people would point to where he was and to somewhere else and say From neither here nor there with a large grin on his face. The one thing that people did know about him was to never bet against him for he always managed to win any game he was playing, Even if it was his first time playing. Another odd fact is that no matter where he appeared sightings of a white Fox with multiple tails would soon pop up

STARTING LOCATION: Isla Ados

USER: evilneko

NAME/ALIAS: Soyokaze, aliases "Breeze," "Bree"

RACE: Avariel (Brief description: Elves with feathery wings ranging in color from White, to golden brown to black. They hate being underground and dislike being indoors or otherwise restricted from flight, enough so that it could be considered a complex in some. With their lighter bone structure, avariel are more fragile than other elves)

APPEARANCE: She stands a petite 5'2", her limbs long and thin even on her small frame. She wears a simple sky-blue dress, held by shoulder straps tied in little bows, its hem just a few inches above her knees. Her honey-blonde hair plays out behind her, caught in the same wind.

Large white-feathered wings, long pointed ears and a pair of large purple eyes mark the woman as avariel.

WEAPON(S): Normally carries only a single dagger, strapped to her thigh and hidden under her dress. She also sometimes carries throwing knives and darts.

ARMOR: None.

OTHER BELONGINGS: Avariel have easily broken-bones, and Soyokaze is even more fragile due to her small size. Thus, as a precaution, she carries a pouch with bandages and splints when she goes out.

MAIN SKILLS: She wields wind magic like a master painter wields his paintbrush. She's also skilled with throwing her darts and knives. Though she may carry a dagger, she's not very good at close-quarters combat.

HOMELAND: Feather Peak, avariel sanctuary in the midst of a mountain range.

FACTION: None...whichever can convince her they're on the side of right! ...Or get her home.

HISTORY: Even before Soyokaze's birth, there was a prophecy describing a diminutive Avariel with a kind heart that knows no hate, who would rise to the position of high priestess at a young age due to her exceptional talent for wind magic. The prophecy also predicted that this prodigy would be taken from her people when needed most.

When Soyokaze was born, her small size led some to speculate if she might be the prophesied child, though they weren't taken seriously, as short avariel weren't particularly unusual. As she grew, however, her emerging magical talent gave more and more credence to the believers. Her beauty and kind heart won her as many friends and admirers as her prowess in flight and wind, whether or not they believed she was the one described by the prophecy. Her ascension to the rank of High Priestess convinced the few remaining doubters, and she was quickly assigned a large contingent of guards.

Though she understood her people's wish to protect her, Soyokaze often resented the constant hovering of her guards. She complained she couldn't "feel the winds" very well, and her freedom was restricted. Despite this, even considering the avariel love of freedom, the guards remained. She soon became adept at escaping their gaze, slipping out to fly amongst the peaks, and even venturing into the valleys to visit the "interesting land-bound people" living there.

It was not on one of her solo outings however that Soyokaze disappeared. She was flying with four of her guards, when she looked back at one, waved, and caught an updraft. Shooting quickly above her guards, she suddenly disappeared. Unbeknownst to her people, she had been transported to Isla Chrunus.

STARTING LOCATION: Isla Chrunus (hopefully you already figured that out...)

NAME/ALIAS: Waru Himitsu / Lady of the water’s edge.

RACE: Water spirit… nuff said

APPEARANCE:

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/13/65/50/95/3f5c4910.jpg

WEAPON(S): An abnormally long katana which seems to be incredibly cold when wielded by Waru.

ARMOR: None

OTHER BELONGINGS: Waru carries nothing but her will and her sword

MAIN SKILLS:

Control over water- Being a water spirit Waru has complete control over water and its forms. Waru is also able to turn herself into a light mist, but this is used only on rare occasion as it is a risky transformation to perform.

Agile- Waru is extremely light which adds to her speed and agility

Knowledge of the sword – Waru’s katana is just like an extension of her being, there is no difference between the weapon and its weilder, as such Waru is skilled in using the sword.

HOMELAND: the waters of a land just outside neverwinter

FACTION: none

HISTORY: Waru used to be a minor spirit of the water in a land not too far from Neverwinter. Waru never interfered in the business of the flesh-and-bloods as she called them, only act as a guide to whomever would stray on their way. She would guide them to the water’s edge and then downriver to Neverwinter. For this she became known as the Lady of the water’s edge. Every so often she would converse with a druid, or one who knew the land and gain information of the mortal world.

Soon she had to leave her home for the influence of the King Of Shadows was reaching her waters and polluting them with his tainted darkness. It was only a matter of time until she followed the waters to another realm of existence.

• 2 weeks later...
The RP will be up in the Wilderness tomorrow as there are enough characters to start, but by no means does that mean that people can't submit character sheets and jump in mid way through (it's actually rather nice to have some believable stumbling upons in the RP rather than everyone in the same place at the same time)

more sheets, the first one was getting close to the character limit I believe (at least I think there still is one...)

USER: Sifo

NAME/ALIAS: Cynn

RACE: Sarosian Unknown Subrace

APPEARANCE: Cynn was born with pure white eyes. She has long black hair that she keeps behind her shoulders, and is also very small compared to everyone else. Her skin is a bit tanned bringing out her eyes, especially at night times. She tends to be serious, but does have emotions that are readable. Her skin is perfect unharmed by any scratches or cuts that had been previously inflicted on her.

WEAPON(S): A large and unique short bow crafted from a rare, naturally silver looking wood she found herself. It has very little range but can do amazing penetration damage from close range. Carrying no other weapons she normally has close to 80 arrows on her, some with effects. Occasionally, she’ll do something very strange, and that’s use the poison tipped arrows as a melee weapon.

ARMOR: Creed of Darkness armor with a black face mask and a silver circlet on the right side of her chest. Although given the black hood she never wears it.

OTHER BELONGINGS: Around her neck is a platinum necklace she was left with when found by a family of Sarosians.

MAIN SKILLS:

Close range archery: Unlike the other archers, she rushes in at melee range and quickly shoots down enemies only a few feet away with her fast arms and hands.

Stealth: Her stealth skills are the best among the Creed. Her small body allows her to be more light and nimble than the other larger ones.

Poison: Although not specialized in alchemy, she knows her poisons well, and has developed antibiotics to most of the high level poisons found throughout her homeland, as well as the knowledge to make them. She poisons the tip of half her arrows, each with a different effect.

High speed regeneration: Although not knowing it, Cynn has the ability to heal herself at blazing fast rates, which explains her perfect skin.

HOMELAND: Saros

FACTION: Creed of Darkness

HISTORY: She was found by a poor Sarosian family, who thought she was cute and harmless from her beautiful eyes. Little did they know that the Creed had been monitoring her, and it wasn’t until later that they noticed her resemblance to a Hellblade. They quickly gave her a place in the Creed and since then she had been treated with either much respect or hate for her differences. Some think she’s a “chosen” Hellblade and started creating legends and myths. Others simply think she’s nothing but a fake, regular Sarosian with some skill. Now, she’s a Phantom ranked soldier in the Creed, well on her way to becoming a Guardian.

STARTING LOCATION: Saros-The Great Maw (Creed of Darkness HQ)

USER: XanAlderon

NAME/ALIAS: Leonardo Alderous

RACE: Human

APPEARANCE:

Leonardo's face has always been cold and calculating, a face born from witnessing countless tragedies. His hair is long and dark black, reaching to below his shoulders. He wears a white collared shirt underneath a black jacket and jeans.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/5300000/Byakuya-Kuchiki-bleach-anime-5301962-300-413.jpg

WEAPON(S): A single samurai sword.

ARMOR: None

OTHER BELONGINGS: None

MAIN SKILLS: Leonardo's only skills are his incredible ability with the sword, his perceptive eyes and amazing reflexes. All these skills combine when he fights with his sword to make him an intimidating opponent.

HOMELAND: Faerun

FACTION: None

HISTORY: Will be revealed if pressured enough.

• 4 weeks later...

USER: Metal Dragon

Name: Kifgat/Zasah

Race "Zantori'Zom"

Appearance: Male Zantori'Zom (or Zantori for brevity) in a healthy and adult state weigh on average 275 lb, although larger ones are not uncommon. The males stand at about 6 1/2 feet.

Females weigh closer to 175, and are about six feet tall.

The males have a thick exoskeleton, the females do not, they have normal skin (although it tends to be medium green, blue in places, with hints of red around the face) The females have hair, and it is coarse and black.

They are sequential hermaphrodites, meaning they change their gender once a year, around their "birthday" Male to female by molting, female to male through metamorphosis (highly accelerated in comparison to earth life) The males are far stronger than humans, because of their exoskeleton's extra muscle support. However the males have a open circulatory, so any penetration will bleed more than a human would. The exoskeleton provides armor, but not as good as the work of a blacksmith, and they tend to disdain the use of anything else.

The females have stingers on their elbows and wrists, sharp and poisonous, with a powerful hallucinogenic toxin, that also prevents blood clots. The females have wings that are absent in males.

Males have four eyes, females lose the second pair during molting, the females appear very human.

They have no genitalia, I could explain, but I doubt the reason will come up.

Males are almost completely incapable of magic, as the Zantori practices generate heat, which is trapped in the exoskeleton, females do not have this problem.

I don't see any need to describe my character personally, as this generalization will work fine, it is hard to tell one from another

Weapons: A traditional knife, made from the first male exoskeleton, treated with chemicals and enchanted for durability, makes it strong as steel, is similar to a human shortsword, but wider. Also a "spit gun" which uses the cementlike saliva of the race as ammo, it can be used to shoot needles that are not as heavy or hard as a bullet, but do horrible things to soft flesh. Shoots at a lower velocity than a firearm, low enough to see the projectile.

Armor: In male form, an exoskeleton, in female form, whatever can be found.

Other Belongings: Pills to accelerate metamorphosis and molting

Main Skills: Shooting, Zantori Martial Arts, Basic Combat Magic

Homeland: The Zantori homeworld, Irtazici, razed by human invaders and subjected to human rule.

History: Was trained from a young age to fight, learned to use swords and natural weapons to fight. Ended up being a guard for the leader of the Zantori puppet government, and several diplomats on trips to other worlds, stopped several assassinations, and ended up a special operations fighter, last seen with his escape pod shooting toward the surface of an unnamed planet, right for the only body of water it possesses.

STARTING LOCATION: Off the coast of Isla Ados

• 2 weeks later...

USER: MetalDragon

Name: Raskit

Race: Orsi (they vary from almost human to ogre-like beasts, this guy is on the human end. Think Uruk-Hai)

Appearance: Tall, slim, gray skin, black hair in dreadlocks. Orange eyes. Red tattoos all over his face. Teeth filed to points.

Weapons: a scimitar, handle made from human bone, blade from black iron, tempered in elf blood. Shield. Small knife

Armor: No breastplate, gauntlets and shoulder armor made from bronze, chainmail greaves, bronze boots. A shield made from Ox skulls set in brass, the horns line the outside, making it absolutely brutal as a bashing tool.

Other belongings: A necklace with various trophies on it. The necklace is made from braided horse tail hair.

Main skills: Swordfighting (he is better at this than anything else) , mounted combat. Sorcery (his weakest point, it is only substantial when in the presence of his mount)

Faction: Is a member of the Orsic Hell-Riders, a group who summon demons from a volcano at the center of the Orsi territory in order to control and ride into battle. Technically he can do this from any volcano. His current mount does not come with him into Armageddon.

History: Became well known as a brutal and sadistic monster in his early battles. Participated in a long war with the elves, and lead many raids on human farming villages. He is feared among his people, and his status as a Hell-Rider makes him into an insane and powerful warrior. He can use powerful magic through his ability to summon and control demons, only when he has a demon in his service, and only while touching it. Otherwise he is restricted to martial prowess, with a little smoke and mirrors from his minor sorcery. He loves causing others pain, and never bathes.

STARTING LOCATION: Isla Chrunus (in hopes to make the possible purge on Isla Chrunus an actual event of consequence)

• 1 month later...

Yet another charater sheet.

USERNAME: RobCoPublicReassurance

START LOCATION: Isla Chrunus

NAME/ALIAS: N'Kvaka

RACE: Sload

GENDER: Adult sloads are asexual, but I refer to N'Kvaka as a "he" for ease of writing.

APPEARANCE: The same as any Sload http://images.uesp.n...1/Sload_big.jpg

WEAPON(S): N'Kvaka's only weapon is his magic. To make up for how inept he is with physical weapons, his power in magic is increased accordingly.

ARMOR: A Sload's body is not built to wear armor, so instead he has water-proof runes inked on his body, which give the same amount of protection as simple plate mail. The runes also protect him against weak magic.

OTHER BELONGINGS: N'Kvaka is constantly accompanied by a flotilla of levitating platforms, some of which float beneath him, holding him up (Since larger adult Sloads need to be buoyed up by magical means or water because of their immense girth), and others carry his luggage. The platforms themselves are enchanted with a permanent levitation spell, and are magically linked to N'Kvaka in such a way that he can control them with his mind so long as they remain within 500 meters. His luggage includes spell reagents and basic food and water. Finally, he also possesses 4 orbs that can be used as scrying tools. The orbs allow anyone touching them to see, hear, and speak through either of the other two orbs. The orbs are about 1 foot in diameter, and have the appearance of a purple Cat's Eye gemstone.

MAIN SKILLS: Telekinesis, Rune Inscription, and Mysticism/Enchantment (Enchantment being part of Mysticism)

HOMELAND: Thras

FACTION: Neutral

HISTORY: [secret]

OTHER: Since large adult Sload are completely immobilized by their giant girth without being buoyed up by water or magic, N'Kvaka relies on his levitating platforms to move about. Since he is immobile without magical or watery assistance, and he can not wield actual weapons, I have upped his magical abilities and equipment accordingly.

Another Character Sheet. MoDqUeen's 3rd but the second is effectively gone considering that part of the RP is dead.

START: Isla Chrunus

NAME/ALIAS: Aluida Desad’e

RACE: Winged elf

APPEARANCE:

http://i65.servimg.com/u/f65/13/65/50/95/43630d10.jpg

His eyes are two different colors, while the right eye is an ice blue the left is a deep red, the contrast of the two if seen at the same time would quite easily catch someone off guard. Due to this fact he generally lets his hair fall over the left side of his face, concealing the eye.

WEAPON(S): A thin silver Longsword that despite its appearance won’t easily break.

ARMOR: Aluida, despite his position despises wearing armor, claiming that it makes him too heavy and hurts his speed and flight maneuverability. In essence he wears a white long-sleeved shirt which’s collar is riddled with silver designs, a glove on his right hand, a red elven cloak and white pants with rough boots. Around his neck he wears a gold medallion with the crest of the royal family engraved upon it, given to him by the daughter of his masters.

OTHER BELONGINGS:

Several glass tubes, carrying with them certain powders and salves.

MAIN SKILLS:

Restorative magic –A healer of sorts, Aluida mastered the arts of magic’s that can heal wounds and save those close to death.

Sword mastery – As captain of the royal guard Aluida is a natural with the use of the sword.

Herbology - Aluida has an extensive knowledge of plants and their properties and as such makes use of them to make salves, elixirs, powders etc that can be used in conjunction with his restorative magics.

HOMELAND: The City Luier of the Elven Empire.

HISTORY:

Aluida’s history can be long one depending on who’s asking but in essence it can be easily found that he was indeed the captain of the royal guard of Luier and something happened to make him end up in this realm alone without any of his guardsmen. Upon closer inspection it could be speculated that he had either originated from nobility himself or had picked up his mannerisms from the Luier royals. Although certain etched markings on his right hand may state otherwise.

In the end though he’ll tell more to any who ask, within reason of course.