VioLens corrupts entire installation.

KingCock

So in installed violens and SKSE yesterday and got a ctd upon trying to load a save. Today i reinstalled everything, loaded a save with just skse installed and it worked. Then i installed VioLens and... CTD again. Anyone experienced this too and knows what to do ? I would be very thankful.

EDIT: Deinstalling violens via mod manager, or deleting it manually doesn't help. The ctd persists.

Edited by KingCock

do you have any of the incompatible mod in your load order?

Skse is a utility mod + is requested for SkyUi , do you have it? if not install it to have the Mcm menu for your mod

try to put Violens at the bottom of your load order

@@

Hi !

I ditched BOSS and let LOOT run and now it works. SkyUI was also installed i forgot...

However the description texts dont work and there is a dollarsign before ever menu point. Do you now a fix for this ? The other mods like Hi Res Blood or Burn Textures have proper menus.

EB is a mod with his own files, Violens another one etc...

check if there is a trad for your native language on the mod page, then you can report your problem directly to the modder who is the best person around here to help you with...his mod :)

@@

Heya, author of VioLens here. VioLens uses a translation file named VioLens_ENGLISH.txt located in the Data\Interface\Translations folder. This is done to make translating the mod to different languages easier. Unfortunately, I don't have a German translation file, so if your game is indeed in German like korun said, then you should be able to simply rename the VioLens_ENGLISH.txt file to VioLens_GERMAN.txt to fix the $ issue. If your game isn't in German then check the Language Pack in the optional files to see if your language is in there. If not, rename the VioLens_ENGLISH.txt file accordingly.

Edit: I'd also like to add that the title of this post, while pretty good at catching my attention, is quite hyperbolic.

Edited by lRekol

was going to type : VioLens is nothing but a great game/combat improvement, when i read this title.

used theDanceOfDeath for so long... then i found violens.
well, sorry dance of death creator :( you're being outdated, VioLens is the new Order in Combat Gameplay Effect.

so on this point : Thank you IRekoI for this awesome mod <3

anyways thanks to the DOD creator, it was good once :3

Heya, author of VioLens here. VioLens uses a translation file named VioLens_ENGLISH.txt located in the Data\Interface\Translations folder. This is done to make translating the mod to different languages easier. Unfortunately, I don't have a German translation file, so if your game is indeed in German like korun said, then you should be able to simply rename the VioLens_ENGLISH.txt file to VioLens_GERMAN.txt to fix the $ issue. If your game isn't in German then check the Language Pack in the optional files to see if your language is in there. If not, rename the VioLens_ENGLISH.txt file accordingly.

Hi ! Unfortunately the file wasn't there. Only Translate_GERMAN.txt. So i copied it out of the .rar Archive and renamed it to GERMAN as you said, but it still doesn't work )-:

Also how do the others work if they don't have their own file either ?

Sorry, I didn't notice the reply in this thread. Did you make sure you created a folder called Translations inside the Interface Folder and place the VioLens_GERMAN.txt in there rather than next to the Translate_GERMAN.txt?

The others work because the english is actually right in the scripts, meaning if you wanted to translate or change something you'd have to recompile them completely.