Options and Video Options CTD.

iceboxqs

Hi,

I have the latest patch installed for plain old morrwind, I haven't bothered to get any expansions yet.

When I try to run options from the loader it just closes and does nothing. No error recorded either!

So I thought I'd be sneaky, I fired up the game and opened the option menu within the game. I can go to all the option settings EXECPT for video. When I do the game CTD, everytime. Again there is no error log!!!! Grrrrrrr.

I'm running Winxp sp1, with an msi geforce 4 ti 4200 VTD.

I just want to change a few video options but I cannot. Anyone else have this problem? Or is there a file somewhere that I can change the video option, like an ini file.

Thanks.

hmm... there IS morrowind.ini, in the C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind (default) directory. i think u can alter the options from there, IF u can figure out which bit is the video options. just make sure 2 backup the file first...

either that, or u cud try reinstalling then re-patching ur game (starting from the earliest patch to the latest). oh and getting the latest drivers and such for ur video card could help.

Yeah I've fished around in that ini file but couldn't find a solid reference to video or anything like that so I didn't feeling like changing anything.

I do have the latest drivers for my video card. *shrug*

As for different patch versions. I have tried it with no patches and also tried it with the latest patch. I have reinstalled it twice now . . . . ugh . . . . about to run a virtual machine and install 98 lol . . . .

oh, very good idea. I am running a funky res on my desktop. I'll give it a go . . . . .

*changes res*

*fires up game*

*sigh*

Well it was a good idea. Still can't get in. Guess I just settle for the default video settings.

Thanks for the idea though. =)

Archived