Deleted5155477User

To make a long story short, I recently had to delete all my mods. After doing so, I uninstalled the Mod Manager, because it stopped working. I could choose which game I wanted to use with it, but when I click Skyrim, it gets stuck loading. I've tried letting it sit for over an hour, but the loading bar never gets past the Mod Manager logo, the circle with the arrows around it. I've deleted all the mods from my skyrim folder and everything should be working fine, but it just isn't. Furthermore, if I run BOSS now, it still shows all the mods. I don't know why this is, because there shouldn't be anything there. Please, anyone, I really want to play skyrim again, but it's looking like I can't.

People still use NMM? There's absolutely no reason at this point to not use Mod Organizer. Save yourself a ton of future headaches and just download MO. I won't even go into the tons of benefits/advantages that MO has over every other mod manager.

NMM works perfectly^^, you recommand to use MO which is great if you are aware of Modding can give you serious headaches :P for the op who doesn't even know how to get rid of NMM. Nexu mod Manager is a software you can install with a clic, Mod Organizer no, then i agree is far better than others, i use it myself

for the Op, NMM store every single mod in a file called /Game/Skyrim/mod on your disk as a backup

delete all NMM file related and it will work again

You can install Mod Organizer with a click, so I don't understand what you're saying in regards to that. If you're referring to the fact that you can click "Download with manager" on the mod files tab, you can set it up so that it'll download with MO with a click too, quite easily. As for user friendlyness, MO couldn't be more simple. Yes, there are some advanced features but you don't even have to get into those if you don't want. The casual mod user will still get tons of benefits from using MO.

1. Mods are never overwritten, so you can safely install/uninstall mods without risking anything.

2. I can't emphasize the above enough. It allows you to uninstall whatever mod you want, at any time, without having to worry that you can't get your old files back that the mod had overwritten in the past.

2. Better organized because your Skyrim data folder is untouched. Mods are each organized within their own folders, in MO's mods folder.

3. Built in LOOT tool for auto load ordering.

4. MO will tell you if there's a conflict, where the conflict is, and how to solve it. It even has an auto solve button, if you don't want to do it manually.

With NMM I could barely run 50ish mods without there being some problem. Either crashing or missing mod files after uninstalling mods, and a multitude of other headaches. With MO, I currently have 210 mods and the game runs perfectly. As a boost, MO always runs correctly. Never had any problems getting it to open or work correctly. With NMM, sometimes it wouldn't launch unless I reinstalled it, this happened commonly. Sometimes clicking "download with manager" would not do anything, again would have to reinstall it. With MO, no problems what so ever.

There is absolutely no reason to use NMM at this point, MO does everything it does and does it better, in addition to tons of other features if you want them. I feel like an advertisement but MO really is that amazing. It's saved me tons of headaches and irritation.

what i mean, is, it's less easy to use than NMM that's all ! of course when everything is set, it's excellent :)

i've modded Skyrim since 2011 without and then with Nmm and more than 150 mods sometimes, i've just start a new game using Mod Organiser, it's brilliant no doubt, but go on modders pages, there is people who just know how to start there rig with 300 mods installed ^^ and ask why there game ctd every 5 min, do you think they can manage it trought MO, no^^

I would argue that MO is not harder to use than NMM if you just want to use the basic functions, that you would normally use in NMM anyway. It is NEW and different from what people may be used to (because they've only used NMM) but honestly, it's not even that new and different. Take 20 minutes (if that) to learn the basics of MO and save yourself hours of problems and troubleshooting in the future. Seems like a good tradeoff to me. As for what you're saying about people ctd with 300 mods installed and can't manage it with MO, I have no idea what you're talking about. And even if you were correct, those people would still be having trouble if not more trouble if they were on NMM instead.

And even if you were correct, those people would still be having trouble if not more trouble if they were on NMM instead.

that was my point, there is many post around the forum, ' if only you've used MO bla bla' like kind of miracle software, it's not for every one

Have fun

@@

And even if you were correct, those people would still be having trouble if not more trouble if they were on NMM instead.

that was my point, there is many post around the forum, ' if only you've used MO bla bla' like kind of miracle software, it's not for every one

Have fun

@@

Don't think you read the sentence that you quoted correctly, because it defies your point entirely.