[Help]Custom Shouts

theundreaming

I have searched the forums, youtube, and via google and alas no results that help with this peticular information. It would seem anything containing on shouts are either "Pre-CK" or non existent :\

Where in the CK is the reference to the voicepowers files, so I can change them to custom ones (to create a new Shout)? **NOTE: I am not talking about replacing them, I have already seen this tutorial, but I want to make a NEW shout to add it in)

The shout I copied: Dismay

1a: voicepowers_shout01a_0006873d_1.fuz
1b: voicepowers_shout01b_00068385_1.fuz
2: voicepowers_shout02_000684d4_1.fuz
3: voicepowers_shout03_000684fc_1.fuz
Created 3 new words "Nazg" "Gul" "Burzum" (Ring, Wraith, Darkness) and I have the screeching sounds of the nazgul all setup for it, but unsure how to impliment it.

Terribly sorry for the delay! Here it is, a summary of the process. Please let me know if you have any questions after reading through this and trying it. I'll monitor this thread much more closely. http://static.zenimax.com/forums.bethsoft.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

- VOICE your shouts! This is a must. If this is a shout the player can use and you want to go 110% find voice actors that can imitate the vanilla shout voices. Remember: Your shout will be 'shouted' alongside vanilla ones, so if the voice/audio is suddenly super different people will notice, and it will be weird/bad.

1. As you noted, make three custom spells for the three levels of your shout. They generally all do the same thing and get stronger, but nothing is stoping you from having a shout cast 3 entirely unrelated spells at 3 different levels. Make sure the spell's type is "Word of Power".

- It's great to look at vanilla shouts and follow their chains, along with vanilla word-walls placed in the world. ShoutFireBreath is a great one. Very basic.

2. Under "Magic > Word of Power" create 3 new words for your shout. In "Name" this tells the game what dragon alphabet characters to display ingame. Type your word in ALL caps, using numbers instead for these special double-character cases: ""aa", "ei", "ii', "ah", "uu", "ur", "ir", "oo" and "ey" map to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 respectively."

3. Create a single global for your shout. Call it "WWShoutName" (With a prefix if you use one - recommended). Set it to 0 and do NOT check constant. This is used by the game to track how many words of the shout the player has acquired.

4. Create a quest to hold your shout's voice lines. Make it 'Start Game Enabled' (Generate a SEQ file so it works!) and set the 'Quest Dialogue Conditions' to 'GetIsVoiceType == VoicesPlayer' (Or the intended user audience).

5. Under the "Combat" tab of that quest create 4 topics from the options available, "VoicePowerStartShort", "VoicePowerStartLong", "VoicePowerendShort", and "VoicePowerEndLong". Create 1 info in each of these and type in the words for your shout as shown below (Also get these lines voiced appropriately):

- "VoicePowerStartShort" - The first word of your shout when the player only uses one word. Word! eg "Fus!"

- "VoicePowerStartLong" - The first word of your shout when it's followed by 1 or 2 additional words. Word... eg "Fuuuuss..."

- "VoicePowerendShort" - The second word of your shout said when following the first. Word2! eg "Ro!"

- "VoicePowerEndLong" - The second and third word of the shout, said together when the player uses all 3 words of the shout. Word2 Word3! eg "Ro DAH!"

6. Add the condition to each line of shout dialogue "GetEquippedShout, YourShout == 1" so the game knows which shout dialogue to play for the shout.

7. Set up a means for the player to acquire your shout. This can be done via word walls in the world, or script:

- Word Walls: Find a vanilla word wall and copy it, select ALL parts (Including the giant yellow ball marker) and copy. Go to where you want it pasted and paste. Now go to the giant yellow trigger's properties (This is the trigger that turns everything on when the player enters it, and lets the game know they are approaching.) and swap out all the shout-specific values for your own shout's stuff. The global, the 3 words, etc. You can also swap out what visual word walls are used to more closely match your shout's words, just remember to move the look and sound markers to be in front of the right word so the player actually has to stare at the right spot on the wall to acquire the words.

- Script: Use "Game.TeachWord(MyWord)" to add the word to the player, and make sure to increment the global. Otherwise the game will still think the player doesn't have that additional word, and if you also use word walls, it will try to give them the same word again. This can be done in script with "WWShoutGlobal.SetValue(WWShoutGlobal.GetValue + 1)". If you want the player to be able to use the shout instantly without spending a dragon soul on it, use "Game.UnlockWord(MyWord)".

That should do it. You should now have a functional, voiced shout that the player can acquire in-game through legitimate means.

Relevant links:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

http://www.creationkit.com/TeachWord_-_Game

http://www.creationkit.com/UnlockWord_-_Game

Let me know if you have any questions!

- AV

\
This is a tutorial given by Alexander J Velicky, creator of Falskaar.

I'm sorry I have another question, in that guide it says your voiced shouts will be shouted along side vanilla ones... is there a way to not shout the vanilla ones? lol (trying to use Nazgul screams so would sound a bit... weird...)

I'm sorry I have another question, in that guide it says your voiced shouts will be shouted along side vanilla ones... is there a way to not shout the vanilla ones? lol (trying to use Nazgul screams so would sound a bit... weird...)

Well the two shouts would be separate - vanilla and yours. Are you asking if it's possible to remove all vanilla shouts?

I was referring to the instructions you quoted (unless I am mistaking what they are saying) "Remember: Your shout will be 'shouted' alongside vanilla ones, so if the voice/audio is suddenly super different people will notice, and it will be weird/bad."

Edit: I'm thinking I might be mistaken and that they were just referencing to using your custom shouts voices compared to skyrim's vanilla shouts....

I am also confused on Steps 5 and 6 (as to where/what to use for the voices. Are the .wav files good enough, or should I used the xwm converted files?

((I REALLY really really appreciate the help so far and sorry if I'm sounding needy :( I'm just close to finishing this and want accurate details as possible lol))

Edited by theundreaming

I was referring to the instructions you quoted (unless I am mistaking what they are saying) "Remember: Your shout will be 'shouted' alongside vanilla ones, so if the voice/audio is suddenly super different people will notice, and it will be weird/bad."

Edit: I'm thinking I might be mistaken and that they were just referencing to using your custom shouts voices compared to skyrim's vanilla shouts....

I am also confused on Steps 5 and 6 (as to where/what to use for the voices. Are the .wav files good enough, or should I used the xwm converted files?

((I REALLY really really appreciate the help so far and sorry if I'm sounding needy :sad: I'm just close to finishing this and want accurate details as possible lol))

It's like dialogue. Wav/xwm is fine.

• 3 years later...
Hey, i know this is a long time to even reply to this conversation, but i have a question if you guys dont mind. Is it possible to make my own shout with my custom shout sound? Like replacing the howl with my sound but without actually replacing the werewolfs howl.. Edited by CyberWolf69