ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Horrible neck seam on UNP and CBBE.

nVerdict

Are you using a compatible face mod? Both body types require the use of face mods with skin textures that match.

The pictures are shot with only UNP/CBBE and their stock textures. Using another texture like mature skin does not get rid of the seam.

Well, those face textures certainly aren't CBBE ones. Did you try using TexBlendLite, which is included in the CBBE download? It fixes seams between the default CBBE body textures and any head texture (and should automatically install seamless vanilla head textures - yes, the hideous blocky ones - if you don't have a face mod installed). The vanilla textures are known to be a very different colour from the textures of most body mods, which is why so many offer seamless head and body textures.

Could you link me to some face textures that work and go good with mature skin?

I don't like Mature skin (makes characters look far too old for my tastes :tongue:) but, I believe it comes with matching head textures, so just install those. Or, you could try SG Females, or if you use CBBE, its own head textures.

That's the problem. I install mature skin and let all it's texture overwrite whatever is prompted. However, I'm still stuck with a horrible seam like the one in the pictures. What is normal maps, and is that what is causing problems? :smile:

Edited by nVerdict

I don't like Mature skin (makes characters look far too old for my tastes :tongue:) but, I believe it comes with matching head textures, so just install those. Or, you could try SG Females, or if you use CBBE, its own head textures.

That's the problem. I install mature skin and let all it's texture overwrite whatever is prompted. However, I'm still stuck with a horrible seam like the one in the pictures. What is normal maps, and is that what has be causing problems? :smile:

So, you are using both the Mature skin head and body textures, and you still get a darker head on your player character? It doesn't occur with any NPCs?

A normal map is a way to give the textures more, well, texture. For an obvious example, it's what makes the veins stick out so much on the vanilla males' arms. I don't believe I've ever heard of it causing issues like the one you're having. The diffuse map, aka. femalehead_sk.dds has been known to cause light head issues (where the head is much lighter than the body) but I don't think that's the cause of this.

Only things I can think of are:

- Reinstalling ECE or using RaceMenu instead.

- Deleting the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini from Documents/My Games/Skyrim and using the default launcher to generate new ones. Maybe some funky line in there is messing things up.

- A complete reinstall of Skyrim. Hopefully someone else will post ideas before you have to go this far.

So, you are using both the Mature skin head and body textures, and you still get a darker head on your player character? It doesn't occur with any NPCs?

A normal map is a way to give the textures more, well, texture. For an obvious example, it's what makes the veins stick out so much on the vanilla males' arms. I don't believe I've ever heard of it causing issues like the one you're having. The diffuse map, aka. femalehead_sk.dds has been known to cause light head issues (where the head is much lighter than the body) but I don't think that's the cause of this.

- Deleting the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini from Documents/My Games/Skyrim and using the default launcher to generate new ones. Maybe some funky line in there is messing things up.

- A complete reinstall of Skyrim. Hopefully someone else will post ideas before you have to go this far.

- Correct, they both come packaged together.

- NPC's do also have darker heads than bodys.

- Tried RaceMenu, same problem.

- Tried regenerating Skyrima and Skyrimprefs, didn't work.

I'll just do a fresh install and see what happens.

Alright, so I'm sitting on a completely new version of skyrim with only the mods mentioned above installed. What do I need to download besides the main body UNP and mature skin to avoid getting a seam?

Seems i kinda have the same problem, trying to use Mature skin(they don't look old btw :wink: ) but i just don't find any guide on how to properly texture blend with Mod Organizer, don't think i had any issue whilst i was using NMM a year ago or so.

Body mods i use

(Bean Baddass Women change most of female followers to something more baddass ^^)

-Bella's better females(if installed deinstalled it not really any noticiable difference expect that my face is slightly smoothe)

-Cover Women(eyes and lips)

-Unp standard

-Mature skin

-No more ugly bronze shine

ScreenShot

ScreenShot

ScreenShot

ScreenShot

ScreenShot

Why yu so shiny

ScreenShot

Somehow you don't have aby beck seam tryign to screw me?

My guess is 1) i texture blended not right 2)Lighting issue(shiny body or no neckseam/texture mismatch)

So if someone own an archive that uses UNP+Mature skin and has no neck seam please be free to share ^^

Edited by jackty89