It's a dogs life

Keanumoreira

Does one ever contemplate what a dog has to say, how he really feels inside with all of his mixed emotions? One can only imagine, but it would seem that our fluffy-or hairless- companions are always happy, always content; whether their dreaming about eating the neighbor’s cat, or barking words we don't understand, they seem to be uttering an artificial phrase...

"It's a dog’s life."

While their masters are oblivious to the world spinning around them as they type tediously away on that strange square toy, dogs just lie on the floor with a lazy look to their face, but beneath those sleepy eyes, a world of wonder awaits them from all corners. They wonder when they'll next play ball, or that flying, round thing they seem to enjoy so much. They go ecstatic when a ring echoes from the outside world, or when that giant, opening barrier knocks as it has so many times before. They are angry when identification is inconvenient, often yelling...

"Go away; this place belongs to my master, go on, get out!"

Only to put a wag to their tails when they see that familiar face emerging from the unknown, praising us for doing our job. He watches us and follows us and trots wherever he dare so go, putting a spice in our steps as we dance away to the pitter patter close to us. We feel like a rest and they feel so too, we feel cold, they feel like snuggling, we feel like crying, they feel like comforting. Their bonds grow ever tighter as their life progresses inevitably.

Then, at the end of a long day that you don't remember began, you treat your head to a soft pillow, with your companion leaping to your side. You look over curiously, and then that thought comes to your head, and you laugh to yourself. You pet his head; scratch him in his favorite spot, smiling as you say...

"For you...It must be a dog’s life."

I love dogs so much...I have three of them. And they're all different. One is moody. One is SUPER happy all the time. And the other one is serious. But they all share those endearing qualities that you spoke of.

I love dogs so much...I have three of them. And they're all different. One is moody. One is SUPER happy all the time. And the other one is serious. But they all share those endearing qualities that you spoke of.

I have two, and they are both ignorant, but they have that loving emotion every Canis lupus familiaris came with. :happy: