FPS

DrWalliceBreen

I am getting tired of this low fps rating everyday, i have all the newest fps increasing mods and it still goes 8 fps in some places. Help please.

Dont ask for my computer spec, as i dont want to mess up my computer again, dont ask about either

Yeah...what kinda graphics card and CPU do you have? How much RAM you got? How many mods you running?

If we don't know your specs we have no way of telling you what you can do....

I am getting tired of this low fps rating everyday, i have all the newest fps increasing mods and it still goes 8 fps in some places. Help please.

Dont ask for my computer spec, as i dont want to mess up my computer again, dont ask about either

No one can help you if you don't tell them anything. I don't see how checking your computer spec can mess it up.

FPS mods aren't miracle workers, and won't drastically enhance your FPS by any means. Since you refuse to give us your comp specs, we're very limited in our ability to help you, but here's a few suggestions. First, make sure you don't have any programs running in the background, they usually will show up on the right side of your taskbar, it's best to check task manager too to make sure your not running some resource hog you're unaware of. Second, if you have more than 2GB of RAM, you could use this mod to enable Oblivion to fully utilize your RAM, but again, that's only if you have more than 2GB of it. Other than lowering the detail of Oblivion through the options, which you hopefully have tried already, there isn't much else you can do other than upgrading your system.

Since your performance is mostly based on your computer spec which you refused to give us, I believe we can't give much help except for some few tips regardless on your computer spec.

Some people get better FPS on windowed mode, you may want to try this.

Defrag your computer.

Scan your computer for any malwares, some malwares reduce your computer's performance.

-something that helps a lot is reducing your textures rez if you are using lots of texture replacements look for lower texture versions

so if you are using texture rez of 4000 or something, change them for the 2024 versions, changing the textures of the enviroment like with beautifull cirodill or other mods do the same to your fps, so look for a lite version whith less rez.

-lots of characters at same time are going to hit your fps for sure so dont use a lot of partners at the same time and check if you have mods thet increase significantly the number of npcs in the cities i think you should consider removing them as an option.

-the wheater mods do the same thing whit your fps so look for a lighter version or remove them.

-if you are using something like OOO that adds lots and lots of creatures at the same time (onscreen) youst reconfigure it to have less creatures at the same time.

-use a replacer for the grass (low poly grass) or turn it off.

-the mods that removes the exesive polygons in from rocks and other objets are very useful,so try the polygone mod.

-and if you are using a extra high resolution in your screen maybe lowering it by one or two steps would help.

-and remember to check the armor and clothes mods, some of them are only for high end sistems i remember one whit something like 119000 polygons in it (almost 6 kratos from god of war 3)

i think thats everything i can recomend without your sistem specs but even whitouth them this should help a little and maybe at least you could post your mod order/list of mods.

some mods can be outdated and couse some troubles that hit your fps

Yeah...what kinda graphics card and CPU do you have? How much RAM you got? How many mods you running?

I think its a nivada 7600 and 2.00gb of ram with a AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual core processor 3800+,2.00ghz

Edited by DrWalliceBreen

I think its a nivada 7600 and 2.00gb of ram with a AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual core processor 3800+,2.00ghz

I cant write all my mods out cause that would take a day at the most i have so many

There's an easy way to post your mod order...

If you use OBMM...click the Import/Export button and click "View Load Order", that will make a list for you, then you can just copy paste it here :)

Hmm well, Oblivion may be old, but it does take quite a bit to get it to run very nice. If you are running many mods, especially ones that have scripts and AI changing packages, you are putting a lot of stress on the CPU. Your CPU is only 2.0GHz...I ran the game originally on a 2.6GHz dual core. Worked well, but I bumped it up to 3.2GHz (DO NOT overclock unless you know how to/have a mid-high end range motherboard/Good PSU) and things load much smoother. Mods I use...I don't use a lot of script changing packages though, but after so many mods, the game starts to struggle a bit.

I'd suggest more RAM too...older computer? Might only have 32 bit Windows. You can put an extra 2 GB of RAM in there...but it will only recognize 3.5GB of the 4 in a 32 bit operating system. Still, that extra 1.5GB will help tremendously :) You cannot use that RAM booster...also heard it's not recommended for use if you do have more than 2GB in a 32 bit OS.

Graphics card is a bit on the older side as well....think that might even be AGP instead of PCI-Express. You meet the minimum requirements to play it...but if you are using mods with high resolution textures, it will eat up VRAM quite quickly.

I'd suggest lowering your resolution a bit, closing an unnecessary background processes, and fiddle around with the in-game settings. Other than that, save your pennies and get a new beast ;)

I'd tell the moderators to move this to technical support, there's a lot of helpful people that can give you more ideas :)