Oblivion crashing at startup; load order problem?

noisesolo

I just got Oblivion (and all the DLC) off of Steam, and I'm having trouble getting the game working with my mods. Once I hit "Play", the screen goes black for a bit, then, without warning, it'll just exit. It used to give me that "app crash" window native to Windows, but that was while my resolution was 1024x768 in the settings (by accident). Once I switched it to 1920x1080, that warning stopped showing up and it just exits now.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and I used the mod manager and BOSS to get the load order. Here is my load order (BOSS log):

Oblivion.esm

Mart's Monster Mod.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp

Mart's Monster Mod for OOO.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Diverse Imperial Armor.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Diverse Creature Skins.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Looting NPCs & Creatures.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Durability & Damage.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - More Wilderness Life.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - City Defences.esp

Abriael_Human.esp

DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

DLCFrostcrag.esp

Knights.esp

Oblivion XP.esp

As a note, it says "OOO not detected" but, assuming it means Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, I do have it. Does that mean I installed it incorrectly?

Sorry if I don't have that much information; this is my first time modding Oblivion. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

EDIT: I tried out the conflict editor in the mod manager, and it seems that I have a lot of problems. Apparently, I need an OOO master file (esm I guess?) for Marty's mod but I have no idea how to go around doing this. I just installed OOO through the .exe. Was there another file I needed? Also, the conflict detector showed up and almost everything is red, (including the DLC), but there doesn't seem to be any useful info for me when I click on the items. Sorry for not really knowing much more, but I'll be glad to get anymore information you guys may need. Thanks.

EDIT2: So, it seems that once I deactivate Marty's, it works fine. So I'm assuming that the esm is rather important but it doesn't seem to come with the installer...did I do something wrong?

The first thing I notice is that you have the OOO.esp but not the OOO.esm while this is what is causing BOSS to read "OOO Not Detected" I'm not positive it would cause a CTD (Crash To Desktop) :unsure:

It would indeed. A missing .esm causes a CTD upon startup. Activate the OOO .esm and you should be good. However, you can still have problems running MMM and OOO together without FCOM, so I've heard. 'Course, for people like me, you can still have problems even with FCOM X-D

MMM and OOO will run absolutely fine together, provided that you use BOSS and Wrye Bash. :wink:

I just got Oblivion (and all the DLC) off of Steam, and I'm having trouble getting the game working with my mods. Once I hit "Play", the screen goes black for a bit, then, without warning, it'll just exit. It used to give me that "app crash" window native to Windows, but that was while my resolution was 1024x768 in the settings (by accident). Once I switched it to 1920x1080, that warning stopped showing up and it just exits now.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and I used the mod manager and BOSS to get the load order. Here is my load order (BOSS log):

Oblivion.esm

Mart's Monster Mod.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp

Mart's Monster Mod for OOO.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Diverse Imperial Armor.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Diverse Creature Skins.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Looting NPCs & Creatures.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Durability & Damage.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - More Wilderness Life.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - City Defences.esp

Abriael_Human.esp

DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

DLCFrostcrag.esp

Knights.esp

Oblivion XP.esp

As a note, it says "OOO not detected" but, assuming it means Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, I do have it. Does that mean I installed it incorrectly?

Sorry if I don't have that much information; this is my first time modding Oblivion. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

EDIT: I tried out the conflict editor in the mod manager, and it seems that I have a lot of problems. Apparently, I need an OOO master file (esm I guess?) for Marty's mod but I have no idea how to go around doing this. I just installed OOO through the .exe. Was there another file I needed? Also, the conflict detector showed up and almost everything is red, (including the DLC), but there doesn't seem to be any useful info for me when I click on the items. Sorry for not really knowing much more, but I'll be glad to get anymore information you guys may need. Thanks.

EDIT2: So, it seems that once I deactivate Marty's, it works fine. So I'm assuming that the esm is rather important but it doesn't seem to come with the installer...did I do something wrong?

You need the newest version of OOO for the esm. Scroll down to OOO_133_Complete.7z (402.6Mb) -- it is the only file you need). The Beta is not needed, but optional. Since you're running MMM, you will also need BOSS and Wrye Bash.