Mod editing

shaneray

I'm trying to add a custom NPC to a house that I downloaded, however when i load the game, he does not appear. So I re-load the 2 ESPs that im attempting to use together and it duplicates one of the cells and puts my NPC in it. Anyone know why this is happening?

I have my CM personal.esp mod loaded and active

then the House.esp mod that i downloaded loaded, obviously not active.

place the NPC from the first esp into the house and save exit. Start oblivion go into the house and nothing.

Re-open OBSE+CS and get the error abotu createing a duplicate cell, i find the "cell" in the interior selection and fine it housecell000DUPLICATE with only my NPC inside.

I've had this same problem before, and never actually found a workaround because I wasn't quite sure what was wrong either. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could help. But what I've heard people advise, is using Wrye Bash, change the race mod of your custom race to a .esm, then create your character and do everything, and then change it back to a .esp. Hopefully that'll work; like I've said, I haven't tried it myself, and I'm afraid I forgot some step or another, but I'm not sure. Anyhow, go ahead and try that, I suppose, if you know how?

If you are trying to add a CM Partner to a house mod, it is the house mod that needs to be set active, not the partner mod.