Two questions about the game

Salamander8

The first question is: Is there any way for Oblivion to recognize my 4th and 5th trackball (mouse) buttons? I'd like to map my 5th button to be jump just like I do in my FPSs and MMOs for consistency.

Secondly, I looked through the UI mods here but I was unable to locate something like this if it exists. Is there a mod or method that allows you to flag map locations as explored? I have so many characters made and so many locations lit up between them, but I can't remember who cleared what and who just walked by it and turned it's icon on. And the thought of double-checking so many ruins, dungeons, forts, etc. is rather daunting.

Thanks for any help.

1) I got around this by mapping those buttons to a less-used key, then mapping the action to that key. There's only one such button on my mouse, and I wanted to map it to autorun, so I mapped the button to num pad * and then mapped the num pad * key to autorun. I also have a tilt wheel on my mouse, I mapped tilt right to spacebar so I can activate things with the mouse. I mapped tilt left to the middle mouse button since it's hard to press the real middle mouse without hitting one of the tilts.

2) I'm interested in this too.

Thanks!

I see I wasn't as thorough in my searching as I thought.

Actually I remember this vaguely. I use a custom map icon replacer that makes them diverse and bright and so didn't look into this one as well as I see I should have.

I couldn't recall which map icon replacer I used till I found that it is in fact present in this mod. The Elven one, so was an easy install. Thanks very much for the link Valkyrie.