Extremely wierd bug/glitch!

HiddenLurker

*SPOILER*

Hello,

So today i was playing oblivion and i did the Through A Nightmare, Darkly quest and after i got all the elements and returned back to the real world, i cannot equip my Boots of the Crusader. It says ''I cannot equip this item right now'' and if i try to drop it, the game says "Cant drop quest items". Help please, i would really love to wear my matching boots of the crusader again.

The crusader items also have a fame requirement. If your infamy goes above 1 you cannot equip any crusader relics until you go through the shrine pilgrimage quest again. You should have gotten a warning at 1. and another telling you that you are unfit to wear the relics at 2. Any relics will automatically be unequipped and you will be unable to equip them until you redo the pilgramage which resets your infamy. Even if you are able to get your infamy back to negative it will not allow you to wear the relics until you do the pilgrimage.

• 2 years later...

Uh..cant be the level. I was wearing them before i started the quest and cant be the fame. My fame is extremely positive.

Was this ever resolved? I have the exact same problem. I completed Through the Nightmare Darkly and my Crusader Boots were removed and I cannot re-equip them. My Infamy is 0, my fame is 40+. I was wearing them before and the effect pacifying woodland creatures is still in effect, but the boots won't go back on my feet! When I try to put them on, I get a "You cannot equip this enchanted item at this time" message.