Retarded caravan guards.

xaechireon

I just reinstalled Fallout 3, along with some mods, such as FWE, MMM, WMK, and whatnot. The game seems to be working nicely so far.

However, I ran into Doc Hoff's caravan. Then I ran into some raiders. I lured the raiders to the caravan so they could kill the raiders for me, but the caravan guards keep babbling "Watch out, its a fight!" and "None of my business." and they constantly run on the spot and try to catch up with Hoff, all the while oblivious to the raiders.

Now is this normal that the guards do nothing to help?

I just reinstalled Fallout 3, along with some mods, such as FWE, MMM, WMK, and whatnot. The game seems to be working nicely so far.

However, I ran into Doc Hoff's caravan. Then I ran into some raiders. I lured the raiders to the caravan so they could kill the raiders for me, but the caravan guards keep babbling "Watch out, its a fight!" and "None of my business." and they constantly run on the spot and try to catch up with Hoff, all the while oblivious to the raiders.

Now is this normal that the guards do nothing to help?

useally the caravan guards would kill the raiders but if the caravan merchant runs then the guards will run to but i wouldnt worrie ill just kill them stinky raiders :P

I think that it is common for Wasteland NPCs to not offer aid when you are under attack. Unless they are faction enemies and set to be aggressive and foolhardy then they will likely ignore the commotion unless they get hit, and if you hit them then they might come for you instead of the raiders.

Normally the caravan guards should attack the raiders. I too use FWE and MMM (but not WMK,) and even Doc Hoff will join in. It's possible I'm using another mod that makes them more aggressive, though the only other mod I can think of at the moment that affects them would be Project Beauty (I think.) I have run into a possibly related bug. A couple of times I've gotten the 'NPCs hold weapons upside-down' bug that a few other people have experienced. One time, Doc Hoff's guards had their weapons upside down (I suspect Doc Hoff would have too, but his weapon is usually holstered.) They ran into some mole rats, I think, near Canterbury Commons, and none of them were able to attack. They weren't running away or anything, and they were properly maneuvering about like they would in normal combat, but their upside-down weapons did not function at all. I killed the mole rats, saved, and quit out to check what was causing that. I figured I would try the console commands to force the NPCs to unequip their weapons and reequip them, to see if that would fix them, but upon loading up my save, everything was fixed.