Do you belive in UFO .

decra

Alien life exists, it simply couldnt not.

More planets exist than we have numbers to count them with. So if a man can survive a surgery with a 95% chance of dying, who is to say that every once in a while you'll get a planet that's had that psuedo miraculous 0.1% chance to evelove life succeed? Life is out there, the questions for me as an author of dystopian science fiction is to realisticaly portray how it may have evolved.

Life is out there, but what would it be like? creatures typicaly evolve to suit their environment. If it reproduces sexualy or similarly, has a complex DNA sequence, and experiences selective survival and reproduction then you can safely assume it will change to suit habitat.

So you can then say that you'd get some pretty funky aliens seeing as how diverse planets and moons are. Europa has livable undersea Black Smokers that may have some sort of xenobiological crab or fish like thing living on it. Anceledus could have life living on it's icy geiser cliffs. Titan(Triton?) may very well have some form of extreme cold methane ased creature-it certainly has enough methane and so forth.

Vindekarr: I've already said my piece on this subject, and I totally agree with you. But I just wanted to add here that I just love the way you talk.

Haven't seen any slid evidence of any aliens visiting us, so I place UFO's coming to 'probe' lonely Nevada housewives in the same category I stick the Loch Ness monster, Bigfoot, and Creationism.

In general, though, the universe seems a wee bit too mind-buggeringly huge for there not to be life. I doubt, however, it'll look like a green-skinned babe in a silver lame catsuit. Bacteria, maybe.

I really sincerely doubt UFOs or extraterrestrials have ever visited this planet in our lifetime. We are young however, and who is to say they didnt come, and perhaps even live here, before we ever came down from the trees and walked upright?

At the moment I'm working on omnibussing the works I did as an early teen, tying up loose ends as such before moving on to turn those projects into something more befitting publication, but what people don't often realise is just what intense learning you need to make a scientificaly plausible sci fi world these days. Medical, genetic, evobiological, theoretical physics, geological history, biological history, history of UFO sightings and cults, theories about alien life, modern military and civilian aerospace technology(1960-1990(mil) 1980-2015(civ)), basic theoretical radeology and a lesson in how to assemble, disassemble, strip, and operate firearms. Thats just what I went through before taking up the pen. And I'm no Tolkien or Abnett.

Firstly, a little bit of info that for me rules out StarWars style "humanoids everywhere" theory: alien life, when we find it, will more than likely be entirely unrecogniseable, because to be "hot green human girls in latex" they'd need absolute genetic convergant evolution, which is scientificaly impossible. Or a common ancestor with some form of genetic pre programming to cause whatever creatures evolved from them to share a large portion of genetic features, which would imply a very high degree of genetic science, an ancient human ancestor race that's a lot older than us, some unknown and utterly disatrous event that caused them to distribute their dna acorss the stars to recreate their populace millenia later, an phenominal space vessel technology to spread it. The odds for convergant evolution of ONE humanoid species are one in a number that is nine hundred thousand million digits long. So imagine the odds for galaxy full of 'em-thats why Im not a gambler.

One of my recent novels featured that theory, and I can tell you, it miffed more than one fan I had on my testing panel.

Secondly, I'm skeptical of UFO sightings-of tangible ships that is, because I ave loved aeroplanes since I was a baby and know all sorts of crazy flyers that match various alien descriptions. Here are a few classics I'd like to present as evidence, if you know your planes, this won't surprise you, if not, then take a look. If you havent seen a modern prototype plane before, I'd forgive you for mistaking one of these for a UFO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Boeing_X-50A.jpg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Boeing-X36-InFlight.jpg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:X-30_NASP_2.jpg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:B-2_first_flight_071201-F-9999J-034.jpg

Now, as for floating blobs of light, Im a lot less skeptical indeed. I think they are natural, not UFOs, because I see a pattern.

You see, almost every time they're been reported it's been on a very, very dry, perfectly clear night, after a very cold day. usualy in the far north or far south of the world. I would suggest then, some sort of radiological anomaly. Dont forget that we have very similar huge blobs of light that arent extra trerrestrial at all in the perspective of most of us: the aurora.

Some forms of naturaly occuring, if unusual forms of radiation ARE visible, and the human eye is prone to all sorts of bizaar malfunctions. Many, many, many people recall seeing floating blobs of light and halucinations during or around earthquakes, Fata Morgana effect can cause you to see two, intermignling and distorting horizons, Cherenkov Radiation, as it passes harmlessly through you, because of it's proposedsimilarity to visible light radiation, can get "caught" on your retina, causing you to see a "cherenkov blue" flash.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Advanced_Test_Reactor.jpg <cherenkov blue shown in action, and just generaly pretty pic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Superior_mirage_of_boats_or_islands.jpg <distortion due to fata morgana

"Haven't seen any solid evidence of any aliens visiting us"

Just because they haven't visited us, doesnt mean they do not exist.

We are not a Master Race, just a bunch of hopeless schmucks that, frankly, if a space age was to come around (Its getting closer...) wouldn't last 5 years tops. Why would they bother to visit?

I beleive I can help you with that.

Alien life DOES exist Mika.

Science has discovered fossilised alien microbes in meteor fragments, and buried under the surface of mars, evidence that it once had a considerable microbial life system, now extinct. So no, they aren't proper "martians" but yes, aliens exist, we're yet to meet live ones, but NASA and other have indeed found their fossil remains in a number of places.

I would also like to mention Panspermia theory. Now, how do you think life got started here? did it spring up from increasingly sophisticated cell-like atomic structures? or was it brought here for somewhere else? A fairly popular scientific theory believes that it's pssible our microbial ancestors got here by meteorite.

Most of us... even some of the best physicists say the possibility of Alien life visiting Earth is impossible due to cost time an sensibility.. WHy blow Trillions of dollars to spend centuries in cold sleep or at near Luminal velocities causing slowed time ... basically... even if they get here.. returning would mean anywhere from 300-550 years passed on the homeworld... kinda nonsensical waste huh?? Of course this Also implies they have the same or similar understanding of physics as we do... every day we learn new things.. even now we find with the use of supercolliders that the old Sci-Fi idea of faster than light particles. (pure fiction hogwash) actually is REAL!!!! a few years ago it was nothing but fiction today it's fact... about 60-70 years ago if you said mankind would walk on the moon.. you'd be laughed out of town.. almost a century ago Albert Einstein was laughed out of a lecture hall for hypothesizing nuclear theory... today it's basic science.... if in the not too distant future we learn how to travel at faster than light speeds... Without actually breaking the laws of relativity... (yes there ARE ways to do this... I won't get into it.. you don't have clearance). will we realize that cost is kind of silly if interstellar travel is relatively easy and cheap?? And if so.... what is the possibility of intelligent life already HAVING learned this and HAVE visited us... maybe they watch... maybe they don't..maybe we already MADE first contact but this is kept secret... limited contact with limited effect on society.

Aliens.. a loaded question... with an even more loaded answer.... (9/11) Iraq/Gulf War 1 and 2. Afghanistan, Al Qaeda , the Taliban.. Iran...North Korea. Would you as a peaceful spacefaring culture want to let such chaos loose upon the stars?? There is good reason to hide such a truth as first contact.. it doesn't mean it's last contact... but extreme care must be taken to avoid a sadness like before... when death and madness walks among the stars... only sadness and tears come of it. Yes there is Intelligent Alien life. Yes Earth has been paid the occasional visit. No it will not be the last time... and one day we will awake from our infancy and walk with our older bothers and sisters on the firmament of Stars .

I beleive I can help you with that.

Alien life DOES exist Mika.

Science has discovered fossilised alien microbes in meteor fragments, and buried under the surface of mars, evidence that it once had a considerable microbial life system, now extinct. So no, they aren't proper "martians" but yes, aliens exist, we're yet to meet live ones, but NASA and other have indeed found their fossil remains in a number of places.

I would also like to mention Panspermia theory. Now, how do you think life got started here? did it spring up from increasingly sophisticated cell-like atomic structures? or was it brought here for somewhere else? A fairly popular scientific theory believes that it's pssible our microbial ancestors got here by meteorite.

That's been Confirmed.

http://www.enterprisemission.com/_articles/03-20-2004_Ignoring_Fossils_On_Mars/IgnoringFossilsOnMars.htm

Of course the term U.F.O is real, its an acronym for an unidenified, flying object. That's what ticks me off, when my friends at school don't understand this fundemental difference with U.F.O's and extraterrestials. U.F.O's are real, extraterrestials are controversial (Although I do believe in their exsistence.). There is a difference! :wacko:

An U.F.O. is an U.F.O unless it becomes identified, then it Is a K.F.O. (K)nown (F)lying (O)bjekt. This even and especial goes to extraterrestrial ones as well.