Adding NPCs into an interior

eLucifer

First of, if you are going to post at all, DO NOT recommend tutorials or anything. Tell me what I need to do. Teach me yourself.

Why? Because the tutorials are for experts, I tried looking at them, I learned some stuff from them, but now, I need YOUR help. And don't tell me about the Youtube tutorials either, where I live, Youtube is unavailable.

And please note that this is the first time I'm trying to spawn an NPC in the game. Previously I just edited interiors, adding furniture, containers and whatnot(I'll try to learn about lighting next).

I'm trying to place a vendor into Pirate Pely's Boat & Bait to turn it into a store. First I tried adding a regular Scavenger NPC in there but it turned out to be hostile. Than I edited the Scavenger and created an entirely new NPC called Pirate Pely(new ID, as a new NPC in the Object Window), but the same thing happened, and it wasn't even named Pirate Pely in the game.

So I decided to use a vendor Scavenger, namely the Wasteland Merchant but he didn't show up in the game at all. So I deleted Pirate Pely and created it again, but this time using the Wasteland Merchant. But he didn't show up in the game either.

I remembered a friend telling me I need to ''navmesh'' the room to make a special NPC(Scavenger=regular NPC; Wasteland Merchant=special NPC) appear in the game. So I learned about it, turns out I need it to determine where an NPC can walk on(although the Scavengers had no trouble walking) so I activated the navmesh to figure out, wait for it.

THE ROOM ALREADY HAD NAVMESH. So why couldn't I spawn Wasteland Merchant in the game? What else do I need to do?

Bump. I really need help on this one. Why is everyone ignoring my threads nowadays? :(

First of, if you are going to post at all, DO NOT...
et cetera, et cetera.

Too harsh. Keep your hat in your hands when asking for favors. I always try to remember that no one owes me an answer when asking a question here, so I don't take it personally if I don't get an answer that suits me. Stating conditions and demands upon which you will accept advice as an opening line will net you defiance or disregard in most cases, not benevolent interest. People are touchy like that. Also, remember people may not see your posts, or may not know the answers to them, and so pass them by.

If you are copying and modifying an existing NPC check that you have removed any existing AI Packages from him. Otherwise, no matter where you place him in this world or the next, he will skitter back to wherever the original AI tells him to go. Also, make sure that your NPC is not set to be Very Aggressive or he will attack anything nearby, including you. Aggressive and brave is good enough to keep him running from his own shadow without turning him into a hooligan. Also be certain that he has no old faction loyalties that make him go postal when you arrive.

Anyway, those are problems that I ran into with NPCs while trying to make them behave.

Well, thanks but it really gets annoying after a while, not being able to help myself and have to wait for answers, but to no avail.

Even if I do get answers, they're almost always like yours:

First pharaghraf: Be more polite.

Second pharaghraf: Another explanation I don't understand.

I don't know what an AI package is, and how to check them or if the NPC is aggresive, brave or whatnot. I could also use some information about what ''navmesh'' is. I know you have to fill the ground with triangles so some NPCs can walk there, but why? And why triangles?

As for my attitude, I'm just like that. I know people will just send me a link to a some expert level tutorial and not tell me about the situation themselves. So I choose to write like that, but I never insulted anyone either. Does that mean I don't deserve an answer?

Pretty much. That's why I ignore your threads nowadays, so you know.

I say please and thank you when I ask for a favor, and I make sure I have done as much as I can on my own before I ask for someone else's time. Especially easy things, such as googling for "geck wiki" to see what an AI package is, for example.

Did you even read my other posts throughly? The Geck Wikia isn't helpful. >.<

Ah, whatever, you wan't me to beg? FINE.

Listen, I've went through those tutorials many times. I just can't understand them all, and fail to apply them in the GECK. The articles in the wikia DO NOT have an answer for everything, it's just so, so linear. It's rather harmful than helpful for me. Take the example of navmesh. The article about it tells us it's to make NPCs walk properly, but doesn't explain what ''properly'' is. It tells us to make red triangle things on the ground, but doesn't explain WHY WE SHOULD. So please, I only want to know how to create a proper vendor NPC, again, PLEASE, just tell me what to do.

And just so you know, I spent some time trying to help others the best I can, without expecting them to beg for it or be nice about it. If I need them to explain more, I ask them, but that's it. Because, perhaps you don't know, modding can be a little frustrating at times, especially if you're not an expert on it. Oh well, I guess it's just your way of doing things. If this thread was somehow helpful for me, I promise I'll change my attitude, for real.