Vampirism - Yay or Nay?

SwiftDeathSK

Vampirism - Yay or Nay  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy being a Vampire?

Alright, so I'm on my first full play through of Oblivion, and I got bitten in my sleep a bit ago. I recently woke up in an inn to increase my level, and it turns out that I'm a full-fledged vampire now.

Personally, I don't like Vampirism, due to the sun damage. I can't fast travel, can't be out during the day to get quests done, and it just is a big pain in the bum. I'm already looking for the cure.

Is there anyone out there that enjoys the bonuses of Vampirism? Even in just a casual, fun playthrough?

I have love being a vampire, and half hate it. On one hand, it's fun when you devote your time to it, and really lose yourself in the role. I like to browse the crowds of a city from the rooftops, before eventually picking my target, and tracing them, learning their routines, and finally striking.

On the other hand, if you want it as a side part of your game, it really annoys me. If I'm trying to get a quest done, the irritating message popping up to tell me my vampirism increased can really get annoying.. Plus, if your trying to move around quickly, then vampirism soon puts a stop to that. Making sure you have a pretty good horse like Shadowmere can be a real bonus here.

In short, in my opinion the benefits aren't worth it unless your roleplaying a full time vampire.

i am a vampire and i was in a church i think in Anvil and talked to a man (cant remeber his name) and there i had an option VAmpirism cure he told me to co to speak to a man Polus in arcane university in imperial city

but first u msut speak with the man in chapel

hope this help

I went through being a vampire for a friend so I could walk him through geting cured, so I've been there.

Personally, I thought being a vampire sucked (no pun intended). If your face didn't get ruined, eyes didn't go weird, and people didn't freak out - I might have enjoyed it.

Interestingly, I do play as a Daywalker from Xenius' X-races Compilation (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=29103 to those interested) and I enjoy this variant.

So no to vanilla :down: , but yes to variants :thumbsup:

i did enjoy it and to cancel out the irritating sun damage i enchanted all my jewels to add healing to them(and it was before i had some good jewelery but when i got good ones i made my armor do that). and the people freaking out was actually one of the things i love(since i also enjoyed slaughtering the useless npc i met XD)

Yes, I am playing in vanilla oblivion. I don't want to use any mods until after my first playthrough, with the exception of the DLCs / Expansions. I'm currently collecting the ingredients for the cure, so hopefully I'll be rid of this annoying disease.

I wonder, can you turn back into a vampire after you've cured yourself once?

Yes, I am playing in vanilla oblivion. I don't want to use any mods until after my first playthrough, with the exception of the DLCs / Expansions. I'm currently collecting the ingredients for the cure, so hopefully I'll be rid of this annoying disease.

I wonder, can you turn back into a vampire after you've cured yourself once?

Yes, if you become a member of the dark brotherhood Vincent will offer you the chance to become a vampire. I personally love the benefits, but the freakin sun damage is soooooo annoying. Probably the only perk to vampirism is how easily you can rampage through Oblivion gates.

I woke up a vampire once and thought the face changes were awful, so I loaded a previous save and moved on.

I read somewhere that when you're cured, your face is screwed up somehow. Is that true? Or does your face appear like it was before, and everything's peachy again?

No Simply because I am no fan of any vampire lore in anything. (Well except for true blood but even that that took some doing.)

In oblivion's case, without mods, being a vampire is just plain awful. I don't get why bethesda thought itd be a great Idea to make the vampires weaker when they fed more and more upon humans.

"hey you wanna be a vampire? okay....lets punish you for being a vampire."

While I never played a vampire myself in oblivion I know there are many out there who have downloaded and thoroughly enjoy vampire overhaul mods. Thank god for mods.