Video editing software suggestions?

Keep the resolution and bitrate as high as possible. I use 720p@6000kps WMV,

I don't have that option when saving... Another reason why I don't like windows products... they simplify the stuff where it is important to know exactly what the heck it means.

Edited by Vagrant0

Another blinder from Microsoft, no HD. Anyway there is a way to get HD out of it. Go here and on the left of the page expand the WMV folder. Click on the Introduction icon, on that page you'll find some downloadable profiles grab the ones you want. I got the 720p and 1080p ones. Open Program files (x86)\ Movie Maker 2.6\Shared, create a folder in there called profiles and drop the .prx files in there. Restart Movie maker and make sure 16:9 is selected in the options. You should now be able to create HD movies, I just tested it and it works, not sure about the quality though because the only clip I had was one from Fallout 3 in the rain.

You know I am very tempted at Getting ImTOO Video Converter Ultimate 6, it supports 5.1 WMA, and comes with a nifty bit rate calculator.

tried the demo and its a powerhouse encoder, supports cuda and encodes in less then 20mins. Of course i have a 6 core phenom now at 3.2ghz. I noticed a HUGE increase in speed :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .

http://www.imtoo.com/video-converter.html

What do you guys think of it???

The price is high :turned:

Woot no more bottlenecking.

Another blinder from Microsoft, no HD. Anyway there is a way to get HD out of it. Go here and on the left of the page expand the WMV folder. Click on the Introduction icon, on that page you'll find some downloadable profiles grab the ones you want. I got the 720p and 1080p ones. Open Program files (x86)\ Movie Maker 2.6\Shared, create a folder in there called profiles and drop the .prx files in there. Restart Movie maker and make sure 16:9 is selected in the options. You should now be able to create HD movies, I just tested it and it works, not sure about the quality though because the only clip I had was one from Fallout 3 in the rain.

Tried that, but youtube still degrades the quality to the point of garbage. I know you can post decent quality stuff on youtube, so not sure why it's being a problem.

Edited by Vagrant0

What's Youtube doing to it? I know it can take 10-15 mins to process fully on there and looks awful before it's done but after that they should look OK.

It looks like it was converting it to a lower quality jpg format for all the frames.

I managed to get around it somewhat by compiling a .mp4 out of the wmv, but this is extra time spent doing the processing.

Drop the WMV on to Gspot and see what it says, if the resolution is too low it will look blurred, if the bit rate is too low it will become blocky when there's movement. If the file is actually is what those profiles suggest it should be then I'm at a loss.

Drop the WMV on to Gspot and see what it says, if the resolution is too low it will look blurred, if the bit rate is too low it will become blocky when there's movement. If the file is actually is what those profiles suggest it should be then I'm at a loss.

It's clean and clear when I play it locally, it's something youtube does when processing it I think.

I'm not sure what to suggest if its happening at YouTubes end, there are a few 720p videos on there made with that profile and they look fine. If .mp4 is working then might be best to stick with that.