How can i make my character look better?

Prenihility

I've noticed people showing off their own creations, one of them that is most notable to me is Freya. How do people do that? Simple with the in-game character creator? Because i've seen details such as the glossy eyes, etc. The characters can look stunning. I made an awesome wood elf character, and added the Natural Faces mod, and its an amazing difference, seriously day/night. I love Natural Faces. Is there ANYTHING else i can install? Im not too big of a fan of the HGEC stuff... Its looks too anime/japanese...Doesn't look like Oblivion anymore.

Any suggestions, guys? I want to make my wood elf look even better :)

It may be a little into the anime realm, but Ren's Mystic Elves are lovely. I use their skin textures as my imperial textures, and it makes just about everyone in game look quite a bit more detailed, and realistic. They eyes are more detailed as well.

yeah, but....isnt that a body replacer? i mean..I dont want a completely new race, i just want to up the ante when it comes to facial things/ skin in general. Like glossy eyes, things like that. Face textures, entire body textures (skin in general). I've seen videos of people making their own toons with the ingame toon creator. I want to be able to make my own character, just with improved visuals, nothing pre-made.

All you need to do is rename the textures from Ren's to the names of the textures you want to replace, then overwrite them. Some textures are made for specific bodies, but it does not replace the body you use. Just the textures. And I can gurantee that the face textures work just dandy with the vanilla mesh. However, the heads that come with Ren's are much better for achieving a more attractive and natural shape, and it backwards compatible with the default vanilla textures.

All you need to do is rename the textures from Ren's to the names of the textures you want to replace, then overwrite them. Some textures are made for specific bodies, but it does not replace the body you use. Just the textures. And I can gurantee that the face textures work just dandy with the vanilla mesh. However, the heads that come with Ren's are much better for achieving a more attractive and natural shape, and it backwards compatible with the default vanilla textures.

Hmmm...im gonna need a little help with installing this, lol. Also, the Heads that come with it?

My personal favorite Race mods are the follows. And to my knowledge none of these include a body replacer:

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=19387&navtag=file/images.php?id=19387&tab=3 - Saram Race

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15568 - Corean Race. This is what I use for my Character Evelynne. (though I modded it a tiny bit to fit my needs)

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=33044 - DK High imperials.

Check each of these out. they include everything you'd need to have a 'pretty' character.

Allright...So, which one should i install hehe...seeing as there are all these options. Also, i've seen glossy/more realistic looking eyes, how do i get those?

For vanilla eye meshes, I recommend you Capucine's eyes(included in Capucine's Character Expansion). And there's Ardiga Wolfess's Real Eyes, but it's in Russian, so you need to edit the plugin to use if your game language is something else.

Is there any mod that just simply replaces skin textures? About Capucines Character expansion...umm...how do i install that one? Also, is there any way i can get my character to be taller...I really want to increase my wood elf's height :). She needs to be a bit taller hehe...Is there any mod that can do this?

Also, just something that i gotta know, whats the console command for increasing an attribute? (Ie Intelligence)