Having a weird issue with a door...

Jokerine

Hello everybody! There's a weird issue that I seem to be having with some doors in my mod. For some reason, at random, when I open a door the animation plays but the door itself does not open so I find myself trying to walk through an invisible wall...

I really don't know what the problem is - as I said, it's random. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I don't really think there could be an issue with the model, as it is a vanilla door I just retextured. You can download the model I'm using here, if it helps.

http://sharesend.com/2npbeeou

For now I've skipped the issue by placing a failsafe switch that disables the doors and replaces them with open static versions, but of course I'd arather not have to do that for all the cells in my mod, haha :laugh:

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

I just built a tunnel with 10 doors using that model and ran through it a few times. No issues. Also opened the model in NifSkope and the collision does seem to move with the actual door (not that I would know how to fix it if it didn't.)

So the problem doesn't seem to be with the model, at least.

If possible, try to upload a small example that demonstrates the problem. Maybe, by cutting it down to the essentials, you'll somehow figure out what the problem is. :)

I tested on another cell and it seems to happen less, so maybe I have too many things in one of my new cells. Maybe I'll have to learn my way around portals and such to optimize loading. In any case I don't think there's much I can do besides putting up the switch there, since there really seems to be nothing wrong with the model or the way it is set up. Thanks anyway :)

• 1 year later...

I tested on another cell and it seems to happen less, so maybe I have too many things in one of my new cells. Maybe I'll have to learn my way around portals and such to optimize loading. In any case I don't think there's much I can do besides putting up the switch there, since there really seems to be nothing wrong with the model or the way it is set up. Thanks anyway :smile:

I realize this post is ancient, but did you ever find a solution to this? I'm running into a very similar problem with UtlDoorBg01.

If it helps, I finally nailed down what was causing my issue. One of my levels had an unfinished NavMesh. I remembered afterwards that I had a similar problem after NavMeshing another level. I suspect it has something to do with the cover system, but that's just a theory.