[WIP] Immersive Horses

sevencardz

It could be even some odd rigging as well, when I am working on some of my horses I will take a look at the rigging and see if I see anything odd. No guarantees I can fix it though, might be something you have to just live with sadly. ):

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@reyzark - All good suggestions. A few things are keeping me from jumping into saddles and armors, though. One being the ability to craft/buy/equip/unequip them, all of which are features I'd have to mostly do myself because those mods don't include those features. Also, they might end up being incompatible with the horse meshes/textures I decide to use, but I'll certainly keep them in mind, along with nivea's WIP horse and tack mod.

Regarding tumbajumba's mounts - I'd be interested to test and see if my tweaks to horse speed effect any of those mounts (probably not). I also hope someone makes a Mammoth mount like was suggested on the forums. I want to fight dragons on the back of a freaking War Mammoth. I really like the dragon saddle too, but that would probably fit best in a dragon mod of sorts.

i remmeber using a horse mod very long ago, before CH came out, that allow you to craft and equip armors and saddles, unfortunely it was quite buggy and i dont even remember the mod's name, ill try to find it and link it here, if somehow you could reverse engeneer the method they used and fix away the bugs it could be a great way to start.

as for tumbajamba mounts, i dont know if its possible, but id like to sugest a immersive way to aquire them, like a an exotic mounts seller somewhere in skyrim.

there are many great horse models on the nexus like

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34799/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49727/?

it could be great if there was a way to integrate them to the different sellers around the province so you could choose what kind of horse fit you character. the game lacks variety on the matter of horses.

id also like to mention some mods here

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56474/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59612/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48867/?

maybe you could use them as inspiration or even get permission to use the assests in you mod.

id like to help you more in some way but i never even opened the CK, all i can do is help with sugestions unfortunetly.

Edited by reyzark

Yep, my mod will address many of those issues and more. Horse speed has been increased and balanced. Horses will no longer tattle on you to the guards and they'll always flee from battle. I also just added an MCM option to give them all the protected flag so enemies can't kill them. I'm sure I can find a way to exclude them from battle altogether, so I'll look into that too.

Breeding, training, upgrading, etc. horses is a cool idea, but it's going to have to be out of scope for Immersive Horses, at least for the first iteration of the mod. Such features would need all sorts of complexity to achieve and that doesn't even begin to factor in the massive amount of testing that would be needed to make sure all the various scenarios actually work.

In other news, I tested the Whistle mod by Iskariot and it works fine with Immersive Horses, but only on the last horse you've ridden. This isn't a problem if you're limited to one horse like in vanilla, but Immersive Horses has no such limit, so I need to come up with some sort of multi-horse management system. The idea would be to include features such as follower assigned horses, dismissing a horse with its follower, calling all horses to your location, etc. An EFF plugin of sorts may be in order here.

Additionally, each horse now has a Horse Options Menu (HOM) supported by SkyUILib, which allows you to do this stuff:
[*]"Ride Horse" or "Dismount Horse" [*]"Open Saddle Bags" or "Saddle Up" (WIP) - Access the saddled horse's inventory of 200 carry weight or give it a saddle (WIP). [*]"Harness Lead Rope" or "Tie Up Here" - Command the horse to follow you or stay put. [*]"Rename Horse" or "Claim Horse" - Rename the horse to anything you like and/or claim the stolen horse as your own.

Also, the feature to map a key for toggling between walk and trot has been implemented and works flawlessly.

http://media.giphy.com/media/ZiDnfvNB4PjVu/giphy.gif

Breeding, training, upgrading, etc. horses is a cool idea, but it's going to have to be out of scope for Immersive Horses, at least for the first iteration of the mod. Such features would need all sorts of complexity to achieve and that doesn't even begin to factor in the massive amount of testing that would be needed to make sure all the various scenarios actually work.

No problem. I figured that part would take a lot of work so if you don't want to get into that right away it's no trouble. I was just trying to come up with a way to allow players to get attached to their horses, be able to customize their behavior and attributes, to make horses useful and make sure they'd stay useful, and something the player would have to work for. Too many mods simply just hand the player game breaking abilities and equipment with little to no work involved and I don't really care for that. I greatly prefer mods that benefit the player but the player has to spend hours earning those benefits, just like a lot of the vanilla game stuff.

I can not wait for this mod. I hope there will be an option for different horse breeds, each with advantages and disadvantages.

This. Please this. Also, perhaps using FISS you'll be able to make the MCM saveable/loadable so if making a new game you don't have to change everything again. That is, if there's an MCM of course.

I too am looking forward to it.

I can not wait for this mod. I hope there will be an option for different horse breeds, each with advantages and disadvantages.

Doesn't the vanilla game sort of have that already?

No. Not at all. All horse colors/breeds are the exact same in terms of all stats, and cost the same.