Refillable healing potion?

TerraMcCloud

Hey, I was just wondering if a refillable healing potion mod is possible to script, it has been a while since I last done oblivion modding so I am a bit rusty.

The mod I was wanting to make is a mod where you start with a special potion, the potion itself heals health when you drink it and would have 5 uses, once its out of uses it becomes an empty special potion bottle, there would be altars around the world where you can refill it... Just think of it as a Dark Souls estus flask for oblivion.

I'm sure this is doable, but as I said, it has been a while since I have done modding for oblivion, especially scripting, and I never made anything that is given to the player automatically.

Many thanks.

Sorry but that script doesnt help me at all, its like gibberish to me. :sad:

It also seems to rely on OBSE which I have not found out how to make OBSE work in the construction set yet, it also relies on .ini files which I do not wish to get involved in.

EDIT: I tried installing the construction set extender, sadly my antivirus is a troll by being one of those antiviruses that makes a false positive on it. :(

Is there any way without OBSE to do it?

Edited by welchdrew

About opening CS with OBSE; First copy obse_loader (it's in Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder) and paste it on your desktop as a shortcut. then right-click the shortcut,go to properties,then shortcut and edit the file's destination by adding -editor -oldinject in the end. This is for the version 21 of OBSE.

About CS extender,make your antivirus ignore it (there should be an option for that).

About opening CS with OBSE; First copy obse_loader (it's in Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder) and paste it on your desktop as a shortcut. then right-click the shortcut,go to properties,then shortcut and edit the file's destination by adding -editor -oldinject in the end. This is for the version 21 of OBSE.

About CS extender,make your antivirus ignore it (there should be an option for that).

Yeah I tried that, my antivirus is persistent and spams it on me until I let it delete it... I use AVG btw...

There are reasons I dropped AVG in favour of Kaspersky long ago (always have paid for the full meal deal version).

I'm no scripter so I'd be in the same boat as you concerning Maskar's scripts (who seems like a very approachable type to me ... if Maskar doesn't notice this thread you could try dropping a PM).

I guess I can't make it then... There goes my idea for another mod...

Curse my antivirus...

EDIT: Well I can start up the construction set extender, I ran it with the compatibility it suggested and it errors every time I load it up and the log is blank.

Also I have never ever used OBSE in mods, I want to give the potion 5 uses, and if its empty or below 5 uses then you can recharge it at an altar.

There would be 2 types of altars, good and evil ones, good ones only refill it if your fame is higher then your infamy, and evil ones are the opposite.

Edited by welchdrew