Armageddon: Before the Rift

Zephyr2011

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The massive dragon laughed uproariously, "Eat you? E-ea-" He he burst into more luaghter. "As much as I doubt the necessity for salt and your knowledge of how your species tastes, after all you on't have that maddened or slightly disturbed look of a cannial about you, I have no interest in eating an insect-like humanoid. If I'm hungry I'll just eat mercurial deer or stygian boar, far more filling and the tastiest meals I've found yet. Now, where you are, you are in the realm of Armageddon, a strange place to be sure. The realm's shape is somewhat of an amoeba, it shifts and twists and turns and expands into other realms and lands, I presume that the waters near Isla Ados, your present locality, shifted into the planet where you landed and you swam the direction of Armageddon rather than the planet's normal waters. It's a bit of a strange concept but youll get used to it. As I said thisis Isla Ados, a realm primarily of creatures, such as myself, it's rather whimsical, a byproduct of the Island's master Aedix, the Pathaura, or diety of light and creatures. And he is indeed a diety, they may not exist in your realm or planet but they exist here and they are quite potent so do your best no to piss them off too much, ele you'll live the rest of your days being tormented by the Pathaura and having to run helter skelter like Raedic. Poor little pirate." Shroud-Sky rattled.

Nynlata paused a moment, "Indeed i am... As for knowing my way around this place im afraid youve lucked out.... Howeeeeverrr..." she said as she shifted her position on the railings, favoring a posture that seemed to tilt slightly to the right. "If you find a personal item or general scent id be able to sniff him out quite easily, granted he's been in the general area. I can double the distance of detection if theres a wound involved. Called me the Blood Hound back where i had come from... Although i doubt i have to state where as it dosnt really matter in this virtual mismach of lands. Enough of that.... point me in a direction and lets get moving. I'm not one to stay still for long." as almost to rectify her claim she had been shifting impatiently from side to side as she sat on the railings of the ship. Her attention, or lack there of, had shifted to that of the waters beside the boat, and their constant motion.

"Weigh anchor lets get off o' this mis'rable speck a dirt and to the mainland!" The captain barked and the stately vessell began to pull away from the small islands were customs was housed and cut through the dark waters like a knife. She pulled into an ebony dock (again the wood not the metal from TES) where th gangwalk was lowered. Here the captain met a mousy looking man with a scraggly beard and gaudy, expensive clothes, he handed the man a few coins for the use of his dock despite all of the objecions. The crew could hold the ship if he tried anything and the coin was good so he let it slide. "Well if'n ye want ferried somewhere else we be bound for Isla Ados next, we set sail in three days and it'll take about a month to get there. We'll not wait for any o' ye so get yer caracasses on board 'fore we set sail or yer outta luck if'n ye want to go." The cpatain hollared after the four strangers in this realm altogether new to them. He and the cook headed off toward the markets to purchase supplies for the ship...

Kriak paused halfway up the gangwalk of their vessel and turned to face Cynn for the first time during the exchange, "It's not so easy, everyone would have to be killed. Royalty, guards, the only ones that can even hope for our mercy are our brethren and only those in uniform. We would have to scour the entire island, find every niche, crack, and nook and kill everyone before they can leave the island. So we must use every ounce of stealth we have to scout it out and remain undetected. Then we must disable all means of transportation, only then can we begin. Do you realize how difficult that is? With a population of over a thousand people? This si the hardest task anyone in the Creed has faced since the Rebirth." Kriak said, his already dark expression clouding even further.

Kifgat smirked, or the closest he could to smirking, "cannibalism is not uncommon among my kind, we do it as a funeral procedure, and lots of salt is involved. I once had to eat one of my kind without salt, revolting, but I was very hungry at the time, trapped in a cargo hold for a month. unexpected or we would have brought food."

"And as for the presence of dietys in my realm, it is a matter of proven fact they exist, I once saw a priest return a man to full life, not zombiehood, a feet impossible for our magic. And the concept of an amoeba like world, what would happen if I went straight up? Where would I come out? Or straight down? Would I at some point reach the middle and have a disorienting moment where up and down were relevant but east and west were not? You do not have to answer that if you do not want to, just musing." he said.

This could be an interesting place, very interesting.

"How did you know I landed on anything, hmm? Did you see my pod come down? And is there anyone around here I could meet up with, anyone else lost maybe? I am sure you are busy with the whole 'dragon' thing"

"Ah civilized cannibalism interesting. Rare but not unheard of. I misread you my apologies. Your tastes perhaps are different thanmine so I still diubt your judgement but regardless ill not eat you. This realm is not a world per say but an everchanging prescence it is the culmination of all realms only the First Four's isles are unique to Armageddon the rest are like pieces of other planets and realms. It exists in a void between other realms if you head straight down you will continue through a truelly bottomless sea where the pressure will crush anything no matter how strong. If you head upwards and are in an area of conjunction you will go into that realms atmosphere and eventually into that realms 'space' however if you are only in Armageddon you will enter a great force ripping you apart in every direction that no force can withstand this occurs when you leave Armageddon's atmosphere at 50000 feet." The dragon said while examining his massive black talons in a bored manner.

"Hmm, odd, a inter-dimensional bridge zone perhaps? Linked to water? Interesting in its physical attributes I am sure. Anyway, is there anyone around here? Or is it just forest and wild beasts? Perhaps i am not the only one who just got here? One could theorize that two realms may be close together, and a bridge to one may touch upon another, perhaps creating a larger chance of multiple crossovers should one occur?" Kifgat half asked, half mused, he mused a lot, came with making a living stopping things before they start. His gut suddenly wrenched, his insides had just begun to rearrange themselves, they started usually two months before molting, although he had used so many drugs to control the changes he had become somewhat unpredictable in his patterns when left to their natural course.

Leonardo looked at Nynlata "So you definitely want to come with me...knowing full well that I have no idea where I am or exactly what I'm doing. That man before said we were all strangers to this land, which means unless we find a guide we may as well be walking in circles..." Leonardo looked out to sea "I have no desire to stick around in this foreign world, she-" He gestures towards the winged lady "claims we were brought here by fate, but I don't believe such things..." Leonardo trails off. "....I only want to get home, the captain says I can either talk to assassins or rangers for a passage....if you want to help me or come with me or whatever so be it, my first stop will be to find a guide or someone with knowledge about this place...and I'd rather do it quickly, I don't want to be left on a strange island."

He stretched, cracking his fingers. "My first step is to find a bar, some information and maybe a drink" with that he walked off the ship and stood, looking around.

Nynlata nodded without a hint of hesitation, "If we knew exactly where we were were going it wouldnt be fun now would it? Besides," she chuckled as she climbed off the railing to stand beside him, her furry figure much taller than an average human being, "i need someone to irritate and quite possibly drive to the brink of insanity. As for mu goals.... well i don't know. I don't really fancy going back to Cyrodiil, this place has a lot more going for it if you ask me. And assassins? i used to work for a bunch of them way back when. Odd folk that. Although... i always did kinda have a soft spot for them." she said with an added wolfish grin as she anticipated the journey to come. "feel free to ask for anything. any scent whatsoever, even that being of drunken old men that smell like beer and salt..... which might inevetably lead us to an inn no?" after her comment she followed Leonardo in complete silence.

"It's strange, you say your not from here yet no-one seems at all disturbed by your appearance...till you I had never seen someone transform as you did". He kept walking, weaving his way through the mess of people. Nynlata was always visible, to him she stood out immensely; an occasional person seemed to show some bored disinterest but never to the point of staring openly. He stepped into an alleyway, "I can't see an inn can you sniff one out from here?"