Armageddon: Before the Rift

Zephyr2011

Raskit was now royally ticked off. He had been wondering in circles for hours with no sign of a tavern, a bar,or a dead guy lying in the streets with his throat sliced. The latter really would add to the ambiance. Maybe he needed to find a slum. A slum would be nice. He hated cities but at least in most slums you could do just about anything except light houses on fire and not get in trouble. Not that he would care. He needed to find some farmhouses or something to ransack. That would be nice. He walked up to some random guy and growled out "Anything around here worth killing? I'm bored."

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Realm? You mean continent of course, I got here by way of boat so it shouldn't be too far to the east of this place. My continent is not much fun, unless your born wealthy. I was not. When I left home I didn't have much choice, mercenary or guard. Killing people for gold never appealed to me and so I joined the guards" Leonardo chuckles and leans up against a wall "turns out the guards weren't much different from the mercenaries. Bribery, theft, murder, the guards were corrupt, no one was helping the people, everyone was in it for themselves. I quit before I was fired and tried the life of a freelancer, but being good doesn't pay as it seems. I couldn't charge the poor farmer when I solved his bandit problem, I couldn't demand a payment from the beggar family whose kid I rescued. So I was always starving, living off the tiny amounts of gold I could scrounge, It was ironic, the very land I was trying to save was killing me slowly. I don't know why I want to go back to it, I suppose I'm driven by some sense of loyalty to it...I'm sorry this must all sound pretty foolish to you."

OOC: Leonardo doesn't know he has entered some crazy new realm, he is still of the belief that his land is only across the sea a bit. It would be helpful If someone would explain it to him, I don't actually want him to get home.

Also would it be considered puppetry if I wrote something like "Leonardo's attention was suddenly focused on a massive brute of a thing, a large orc adorned with hunting gear and weapons had walked into the street they were standing in. 'Anything around here worth killing, I'm bored.' It asked a man."

OOC: I believe we are on different islands at this time.

Also, Raskit is not particularly massive (for an orc, because that is basically what he is) he is tall but thin(ish) he is more like a native american than a viking (again, by orc standards)

Nynlata chuckled "Ive studied every map of Cyrodiil and lands that could be found outside her boarders. I too arrived by boat but im afraid to tell you youre a far way from home." she thought a moment and placed a paw on her chin as to emphasise her thought process, "I beleve that captain of the ship we were on a short while ago explained it to our little group before they departed. something about different islands that move around and come in contact with other realms or something like that.. diddnt catch much of it as i was kind of tailing them at the time." she shrugged "But i odnt know the specifics, might need to ask whoever it was were looking for to explain it in depth, not like its a facinating subject or anything... I mean if another realm such as dagon's oblivion could touch Cyrodiil its not surprising that this one can too."

OOC: <sorry guys it's been homecoming week and i was swamped all week and this is my first opportunity to be updating sorry for the hold up.

@Xan saying that your attention has been drawn to something that someone has already done is not puppetry just response to an event however performing the action for that character then reacting to it is puppetry (unless you have permissions of course) but MetalDragon is correct, the character to which you are referring is on Isla Chrunus while your character is on Saros so at the moment it's a moot point.

Also guys I think I'm going to write a book about Armageddon (not based off this storyline) but I think I need a different name other than Armageddon, I must admit that I thought it a little stale when I used it. I'm going to check out some translators and see if I can't find a good sounding latin translation for change or morphe (and their other forms) but if anyone has suggestions I'd love to hear them. Thanks>

OT:"Yer lookin' at one of 'em." The bartender spat, "Name's...well most call me Clink, I handle the money 'round here and the booze. If ye need somethin' strong hollar, if yer lookin' fer arms and armor talk to Tink, the one poundin' away at the forge." There was more than a hint of annoyance in his voice. 'Damned otherworlders. Always askin' stupid questions. "Is the owner present?" noooo, he's out for tea while all the braggarts case the joint, of course he's present ye winged git!' Clink thought.

The chronomancer released his hold on Kifgat completely. "Have ye got any of the coin ye jipped off me otherworlder?" He asked with mild agitation. The coin itself wasn't important but what was was that the otherworlder learn he can't get away with much crap in this realm. It was charitable to be honest, if the old man let him go he'd save himself the trouble and his assailant would probably end up pissing off the wrong person and getting squashed, this way he might recoup a little coin and set him straight.

<OOC: Hey Sifo did you turn control of Cynn over to me since you can't get into character for her? That was the vibe I was getting but I want to be sur before I go ahead posting with her>

OT: A small unassuming dingy pulled into the harbor of Isla Chrunus. Aboard it was a small group of rag-tag individuals, one of the men had auburn hair tied back in a stately pony tail and stood in gleaming chainmail and embroidered fabrics, a brilliant rapier gleaming at his side. There was another man covered in soot with greasy black hair dressed only in dirty rags with a small rusty dagger at his side. Besides the men were three women, one in rags, another in fairly middle-class regalia and the last in as stately of garb as the first man. The group was a strange assortment, but one befitting a ferry, often times the only common locality between the upper, middle, and lower classes. The docked and each went their seperate ways. The man with black hair walked with a slight limp and his hand over his belly as if in pain from either an ancient scar or hunger pangs. He headed towards the market seekin charity on the isle unaffected by time...

The man apporached by the orc-like being was a bored looking fellow himself, his eyes were blue like the sky, his hair a slightly curly brown coming down to about his eyebrows, unkempt with a few highlights of golden color in his wavy locks. He wore simple but elegant garb, black garments that were slightly loose for his legs and a blue dublet with a silver shortsword sheathed on his belt next to a gleaming pistol butt. His eyes radiated boredom but intelligence simoultaneously, he knew there was no fun to be had whilst the guard was around. "That depends if you can hack your way through the three dozen guardsmen that will show up within five minutes of you trying anything on anyone. You look like the capable sort bu you also look new. The guard here uses chronomancy, time magic, and this is the most naturally reactive area in the entire realm for time magic they'll stop you dead in your tracks and kill you. Unfortunately. And theres not really a slum to speak of, no lawless sector of the island, it's too affluent, too small, and too densely populated for the guards to leave anywhere unpatrolled." The man sighed. "Of course if you just want to rough people up, head to the docks, they could care less so long as it doesn't get lethal."

Outside the massive city gates of Saros it was a harsh island. Massive volcanoes dotted the landscape spewing lava and ash out of their immense jaws. The soil was baked dry and unforgiving, in a few scant places black withered trees stood with white leaves clinging to their branches and blood red sap slick on their sides where they had been nicked by creatures. The Firuvian Plains were deadly and few dared to navigate anywhere but to the sparse cities on the island.

"You don'tlisten very well do ye?" Clink laughed mockingly. "If you want booze you talk to me you want somethin' about weapons talk to Tink over there at the forge. He kin tell ye about chronomancy not as much as me but he kin get ye by" The bartender had a slight twinkle in his eye when he mentioned chronomancy.

"not from this.....you mean I'm in another world?" Leonardo slumps down the wall he was leaning against, sitting in the dirt. "this is a lot to take in..." he fell silent, watching these otherworlders going about their lives. After a while he finally spoke, looking up at Nynlata's wolf-like form "I.....I don't know what to do anymore, before I thought it would be easy, find the assassins, get a boat, get home..but.....I don't know anymore. Seeking the assassins seems unnecessarily dangerous and not even guaranteed to get me home." He thinks again "My best bet is to play it safe, keep on the ship and see if the rangers of Isla Chrunus can get me back easier and more safely. I'm sorry if I promised you an adventure or something, I'm not one to take unnecessary risks. The ship was meant to leave in three says right? That's a lot of time to waste and I don't know about you, but I'm starving and gold-less, from here I'll try to make some money, buy some food, a room for the nights if I can afford it and then passage aboard the Captains ship. What about you, what are you going to do now?"

OOC: Sorry I didn't realize the characters were on different islands.

Also this is a very good setting, I think if you want to you definitely should set a book here. But I'm afraid I can't help you with the name, I've always been bad at stuff like that...

Nynlata sat on her haunches as she followed Leonardo's gaze to the other people in the area. "What am i going to do?" she said more as a statement than a question. "How bout something completely random thats likely to endanger some unfortunate soul, ally or enemy?" With that she got to her feet and cupped her hands around her snout, allowing her to project her words. "Mercinarry for hire!! Ask no questions Mercinarry for hire!!" knowing that in cyrodiil such a plublic display of a willingness to do wrong would likely call guards to chase her, Nynlata did it both as a test to the state of mind of the island and perhaps to weigh her chances in such a place. She looked back at leonardo, "If youre going to play it safe ill probably do the opposite." In the least Nynlata was hoping to cause a little trouble.