Armageddon: Before the Rift

Zephyr2011

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooc: ALRIGHT! Let's get this baby chuggin'! For all interested, RobCo's character is posted in the signup section, the sload will start on Isla Chrunus. Additionally, seeing as how Metal Dragon is gone, and pretty well for good, I'll take over his characters and phase them out in a logical manner without killing them should he somehow return.

DUSK: The two warriors circled each other near the docks. The dark haired man twilred his shortsword with expert precision, his wrist and arm loosening as he did so. The Orc-like man performed a similar action. Seeing as the Orc had learned the game the 'beggar' changed tactics. He closed slightly, to within 10 feet, and ceased twirlin his blade as he moved closer to his adversary. Suddenly he slid, as if pulled by his feet, down underneath the orc. He swung his blade as broadly as he dared without opening up his body too much, the orc, however was faster than he'd anticipated and he was wise to have taken his precautions. Raskit's blade swung down a fraction of a second to late to deflect the entire blow but if the beggar's sword hadn't been so close to his body and within his control he would hve been cut in half, or at least been sliced between his ribs. Instead his blade glanced off of Raskit's poorly armored calves tearing a small sliver of flesh. It wasn't much, but the dark-haired man had drawn first blood. The throng of people barely recognized this event it was so fast, one second the man had been standing the next he was behind the now bleeding orc. Raskit spun, bringing up his sword as he did so and bringing it crashing down while guarding his chest with his buckler. The man sidestepped quickly and hopped back lightly.

"Damn. You're faster than you look." The man said.

"I'll take that as a compliment." Raskit said with a satanic grin.

"This...This will be interesting." The man smirked now with a broad grin...

Leonardo would have surely heard the goings on in the bar. A man had drank himself quite stupid and insulted the barmaid, whose husband was actually present. The husband himself, having had quite a few drinks, grabbed the blaggart by the shoulder and turned him around, where upon he promptly recieved a glass stein smashed on top of his head. This quickly culminated into a massive brawl between the two parties with beer, mugs and fists flying crazily about...

N'Kvaka: N'Kvaka floats about a meter above the ground, gliding through the market of Isla Chrunus. He is accompanied by a cluster of levitating silver platforms, some carrying bags of supplies, other carries N'Kvaka himself. He turns his head from side to side, surveying the area around him. The Sload's glazed eyes are covered momentarily as his bloated eyelids slide over them, and he exhales loudly. When he opens them his attention is drawn by a robed vendor waving his hands in the air, calling everyone near him to take a look at his exotic magical wares. The Sload directs his platform to the vendor, and begins to speak with him.

N'Kvaka's voice is deep and slow, with a strange gargling accent to it. It gives the impression of molasses being poured out of a jug. "This one desires a small satchel of Void salts, a bottle of crushed Comberries, a jar of bonemeal, and a packet of Ash Salts. How much money will you require?"

The vendor seems a bit put-off by N'Kvaka's impressive girth and his method of transportation, but is used to having strange customers, and recovers quickly. "Of course! Although, I think I lost my Ash salts somewhere in the shop... perhaps if someone gave me something to jog my memory..."

"This one tires of this process. 10% will be added to the total cost of the purchase if you will come back with this one's ingredients in the next 2 minutes."

"Smashing! Right away, of course, of course!"

Edited by RobCoPublicReassurance

Leonardo pushed his way through the throng of people surrounding the fighters. They stood between tables ferociously trading blows, watching them closely, his fast eyes carefully studying their fighting positions. In one deft movement he caught both their arms mid-wing and dragged the two struggling men past the other patrons and threw them out into the street. Edited by XanAlderon

TWILIGHT: The drunken brawl continued in the street as a member of the infernal guard on patrol spotted the degenerates. One man was on the ground while the other beat him, with no small amount of resistance. The guard grasped the man kneeling by his collar and held him up as his boot pressed down on the other man's chest. "I'm feeling charitable, so I'm going to bring you both to the shittiest slum of a jail cell I can find and lock you up for a week. And you better be damn grateful because I'm authorized to kill any brawlers. So comequietly and you don't have to die just yet." The guard spat into the drunkard's face then threw him to the ground and rolled over the other man with the toe of his boot and grabbedboth men by the scruff of their necks and hauled them upright leading them to a forboding black buildng with spidery cracks etching its surface.

As the merchant entered his back storeroom a figure stepped from beside the door and slammed it shut behind them. The figure almost instantly grabbed the merchant across the chest gripping his opposite shoulder and covered his mouth, a gleaming dagger in its hand. The man felt the warm moisture of a tongue slide up his neck and he felt the figure's hot breath in his ear. "You're going to tell me everything you know about The Society. We know you've been supplieing them. Be a good little boy and I'll let you live." The voice was a young woman's, soft, veluptuous and seductive but it held a sick delight for the pain she could bring forth that made one shiver. She slid her hand down and pressed the blade against te merchant's neck

"Y-y-y-yes w-w-whatever you want!" The merchant cried feebly, "Please! Don't hurt me!"

As Soyo approached the Infernal palace nearly every guard in the city spotted her. Suddenly fou Drakkar guardsmen were flying next to her, watching her every move, small orge orbs of intense light dancing over and around their clawed hands. The great mirror towers at the palace were aimed and followed Soyo on her journey, they did not use the sun for their light instead massive magical fires burned hidden behind slatted grates that were openned when the towers needed to fire but only provided a dim light as if a searchlight at other hours.