Armageddon: Before the Rift

Zephyr2011

((Sorry, kinda had a lot to do in dead week and finals week.))

Soyo frowned and turned away. She probably should've expected such a response. This was after all a different world, no one here knew of the young avariel prodigy. Her name alone wouldn't be enough. She wrapped her cloak tighter around her. The wind picked up, and a strong glow of magic formed around her. She turned to the guards again.

"I must see the king. If he is as just as I've heard, I wish to lend him my power in the coming chaos. And tell him that Mila the seamstress sent me."

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

N'Kvaka: It takes much energy to keep track of every bone in the body, and N'Kvaka is quickly tired out. He leaves the proxy in his study, and levitates through the streets of the city. In a park, there is a small theater set up, in which marionettes are acting out a play for the younger children of the city. The Sload watches intently, and notices that the women controlling the marionettes only move what needs to be moved to simulate motion. When a marionette turns around to speak to one of its fellows, only its legs are controlled by the puppetmasters. The other limbs hang limply at its sides, only being controlled when needed. Inspired by this, N'Kvaka travels back to his study. Inside, he lights several candles and binds the limbs of the skeleton together with thick leather straps. He makes an attempt to control it.

This time, instead of individually holding onto each bone with his mind, he only controls parts that need to be controlled. The head and jaw hold up the rest of the body, dragging it along. The feet make only the motions necessary to give the appearance of moving, but in reality the head is simply dragging the rest of the body with it. When he cloaks the skeleton in the robe of thick black velvet, it seems as any other person. By skipping all the other motions, the Sload saves the energy that is necessary for him to make the hands act out finer motor skills.

Next, N'Kvaka clothes the skeletal proxy. It wears a robe of black velvet, embroidered with simple magical runes. On the hands are silken red gloves, padded to conceal the fleshless fingers. Over the face, it wears a white mask, with only the slightest hints of facial features. The skeleton cuts a believable, but very imposing figure.

The Sload practices casting spells through the skeleton, but notes that the spells will only originate from the facial area. He supposes this is because the orb of seeing is located inside the skull. However, his spellcasting skills are undiminished through the proxy.

@Robco: ummm....the city is on fire...and its past midnight...people are being slaughtered by assassins searching for conspirators aiming to kill their king and do harm to their patron diety and a sload just takes a leisurely float through a park watching children enjoy marrionnette show??? Just sayin'.

"Bah!" The guard spat, "The king shall not be awoken at this late hour just because some avariel *has* to see him and has the word of a seamstress!" The guard then ignored Soyo and whispered into his comrade's ear, "Likarz is about, as always, I wonder how she'd like to see him eh?" The pair snickered knowingly.

The Drakkar gladly brought his tail to meet the blade, it's keen edge catching in the spined niches of the armor on the tail sending sparks into the air. As he did so he opened his maw and let orth a rush of dark energy crackling with tendrils of electricity and flames spouted from his hands and created a massive updraft around the pair impeading both of their descents.

The cloaked figure hurriedly finished his drink and ran out of the bar, bumping into several patrons as he did so, one more drunk than the others lost his grip on his mug and it shattered on the floor. A small fight embroiled between him and the man nearest him whom he thought responsible...

Aluida silently cursed as the blade caught in the drakkar's armored tail and forced himself go of the blade, knowing this was probably what his attacker had been planning he tucked his wings behind him and dived earthward at a dizzying speed before spanning them out once again, forcing him into a rapid ascent. As he passed the Drakkar he grabbed hold of the blade, using his momentum to wrench it free, ripping up a chunk of the Drakkar's tail as he did so. Aluida looked at the carnage below for just a second before directing his attention back to the Drakkar. A silent pause passed the two, an unnatural stillness, before Aluida rushed at the drakkar again, making a calculated swing for its head, still keeping his eye out for the tail and taking great caution in positioning himself in such a way that a withdrawal was possible.

Nynlata's interest peaked as the robed figure that she had been eyeing for a while now bolted from the room, initiating a petty squabble between a few drunks. Wanting nothing more than to follow the man but at the same time finding this the opportunity that she had been waiting for, Nynlata made a quick choice to end the squabble before making her way after the figure as she had gathered a good enough scent from him to follow.

With a menacing grin on her face Nynlata quickly stepped into the fight and grabbed both men by their collars before smashing their heads together. With a disconcerting thud she threw the two from the tavern and turned her attention to the few barmaids still serving at that hour. "Now that that’s taken care off, ill be right back." she said before bolting out the door and beginning her search for the robed figure, awhile down the road nearly bowling Leonardo over as she rushed past him in the streets.

The Drakkar grinned broadly, even though a piece of the armor had been removed his tail was largely unharmed a slight gash, nothing more. Suddenly as Aluida swung a strange black prescence met him and the clamor of steel echoed through the night. In the Drakkar's hand was an unnatural blade of deep purple and black surrounded in a mist of dakrness, a summoned concentration of shadow. His other hand spat dark energies toward his tail and nearly instantly the flesh around the gash moved and squirmed as it regenerated and healed itself then a new dark platelet materalized to join the armor. "More than you can handle Elf-boy?" It hissed with pleasure.

The cloaked figure ducked into an alley way. Damn! The one bar in this blasted city where the patrons don't run for their lives from a Creedmember and she's f***ing working at it! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to clean up...

N'Kvaka: The Sload gazes out his window, watching the carnage. As the flames from one house threaten to light one of the wooden ornaments adorning the window in his attic, he shoots a small stream of water towards it, dousing both his window and the fire. Outside, two women cower in a baker's shop, covering the eyes of their children. The older of the two women locks the door, and scoots the children below the counter. N'Kvaka watches intently as the flames come closer to the baker's shop, turning the small wooden building into a prison.

Behind him, the skeletal proxy stands emotionless, awaiting further command.

Edited by RobCoPublicReassurance

Leonardo watched with detached interest as a cloaked man ran past him, wondering what this man could of done to promote running so fast at such an hour... maybe his wife was waiting for him at home or something... He exhaled sharply as he was unexpectedly barged to the side by someone else barging past him. He regained his composure and made out the second runner to be that of Nynlata, seemingly chasing after the first man.

His interest peaked slightly, Leonardo continued his leisurely stroll down the street.

Nynlata cursed as the figure seemed to be gaining ground on her, being quite a bit faster than she had expected."Youre not getting away that easy!" she shouted after the figure as it ducked around a corner. In a quick odd motion Nynlata began lowering herself, leaning forward and gaining momentum, as she rounded the corner into the alleyway herself, her momentum carried her half up the wall of the side alley. Quickly using this to her advantage Nynlata grabbed out for a rope that had been tied from a window to the one opposite it. Rope in hand Nynlata swung round it and let go on the second pass, flinging her lithe body into the air. She twisted and arched her back, executing a perfect backflip before landing gracefully on the ground in front of the man. "Might wanna tell me what the big rush is for mister misterious?" she said whilst flicking a strey hair from her face, all the while her usual menacing grin was in its place.

Aluida chuckled and a very slight grin crossed his face as he held his sword forward. "I'm no hunter of dragon kin granted, assuming that is what you indeed are my unsightly scaly friend." he said whilst keeping his altitude the same as the one in front of him, "As to answer your question, perhaps."he shrugged, " I'm more used to enemies attempting to suck the very life from my being through their tainted fingers." he let out a slight chuckle. "Your affairs and the affairs of this land do not concern me in the slightest. Pray tell, since you obviously plan on killing me," he added quickly, attempting to use talents he had picked up long ago to find what he needed. "And seeing your obvious prowess you will most likely succseed. what is the importance of this massaccre on this unimportant isle?" All through the time he spoke, he kept his sword drawn and in a defenceable position, whilst he reached up to his chin with his left hand, using a pause in his speaking totake the glove off with his teeth. Planning to put it on again later he slipped the glove into the pouch that contained his vials. With the glove gone it revealed the hand to be covered in much of the same runes that could be found on his arm, any who looked twice they would see that the runes themselves pulsed with a slight blood red light, whilst one, compleatly different from the others diddnt. The winged insignia etched on the back of his hand was different to anything in this land or the one he claimed to originate from, That being said it was the very reason he kept the hand covered as any who knew its mark would be able to tell exactly who he was. But that is a history lesson for another time.Only now guessing that his opponent had been blinded he diddn't care much for removing teh glove, even so he diddn't think it would know its meaning. "You going to grace me with words or continue to float there like a hollow shell?" he said after a small while had passed.

The cloaked figure laughed uproariously "You're persistant. I hadn't expected to see you twice in my life let alone in the same night." The figure removed his hood revealing the collar of lusterless black armor. His crimson eyes shone brightly. "Perhaps you could be useful, but a populated tavern is far from the place for such an offer of course you could refuse and a tavern is also far from the best place to tie up loose ends." As the figure spoke he drew forth a glowing orb and tossed it deftly in his hands.

Suddenly the sload's front door was kicked down and dark flames rushed forth as another of the cloaked figures entered he began searching the house setting the cleared rooms ablaze as he went...

"Ah that symbol on your hand! I have seen it before-it is of...royalty? But from where I recall not. But it is not of this realm. You have...fallen from grace, yes? Hmm no matter." The Drakkar hissed with a chuckle. "When you're nigh on 600 you can forget a few symbols" He laughed. "On the contrary sir, you're strength is admirable and skill adept we could use someone like you. And I enjoy you're civility. I find it refreshing. Now to answer your questions: I am dragon-kin as you so elequently put it. This isle harbored a group of conspirators vieing to kill a king who has done nothing wrong-otherwise we might aid them-and we are sworn to protect this king so long as he does no ill to his people. These conspirators individually are unknown but here is their base and also most of their funding. We had pinpointed them to this isle only two days ago and we rushed to stop them but we were too late. They have fled their meeting place but we know not if they have left the island and time is of the essence. Since we do not know their numbers we must destroy the entire island in hopes that we slay some or all of them or some unfortunate soul in pleading for their life divulges more information to us. That is the importance of this wholesome slaughter" The Drakkar's visage darkened noticeably as he spoke of the purge.

N'Kvaka: Gathering up all of his showmanship, N'Kvaka summoned a spark at the bottom of the robe of the skeletal proxy, lighting the dry velvet on fire. The skeleton was now wreathed in flames and smoke, its skull blackened. The voluminous sleeves of the robe fed the flames like tinder, creating the appearance of a flaming skeletal monster. N'Kvaka's deep throaty voice boomed throughout the house, calling the assassins to the front room to figure out what the hell was going on. N'Kvaka glanced sideways at a black and purple vase the searchers had knocked from a table. Gesturing towards it, and then back to the flaming skeleton, he concocted a lie, relying on his sorcerous appearance and the skeleton's terrifying figure to give it the appearance of truth.

"Fools! That vase was a relic that contained the spirit of a banished demon! I must put it back in its container, or it will destroy the whole island! Flee now, flee as fast and as far as you can!"

To add to the illusion, N'Kvaka quietly caused a simple force spell to emit from the false demon's mouth, knocking down a wall and sending furniture flying around the room.