Armageddon: Before the Rift

Zephyr2011

Leonardo watched the captain being led below deck and wondered whether it would be easier to walk away...but to where? He had no idea where he had been taken and the whole island looked decidedly foreign.

It would be ungrateful to walk off without a thanks and the captain could tell him where he was and which ship would get him home.

Leonardo sighed and contented himself watching people living their menial lives down at the docks.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nynlata let out a sharp irritated sigh as she lent her head on the railing. She wasn't able to do nothing for long as she quickly got bored. After ahwile Nynlata noticed a group in black attire make their way toward another ship. Her interest peaked Nynlata raised her head and boldly spoke, "Who the hell are those guys?" asking the question not only to herself but to any nearby people that would hear the question. If their scent is any indication of their behavior she took in a deep breath, as if to taste the air around them I'd say that wherever theyre going is about to be in a bot of trouble.

Not afraid in the slightest to stare, Nynlata sat on the railing in a crouched position, attempting to get the best view of these newcomers, all the while keeping her eyes locked on the group.

"Who the hell are they?"

Leonardo turned around, he followed the voice to that of a strange girl, sitting awkwardly on the railing of the ship. He walked over to her side and followed her gaze. She was staring intently at a group of dark clad figures. He fingered his sword nervously, something about them made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up.

The captain had returned from below decks with the customs officer and with a curt nod they went their seperate ways. His sea-weathered hand appeared upon Leonardo's shoulder, "They are some of the most feared assassins in the entire realm and exactly why we headed away from Isla Chrunus. If it weren't for the fact that they'd have killed all of us if we had stayed put ye wouldve drifted into port here and there wouldn't 'ave been a massive maelstrom and the sharkies tryin' to destroy my ship and ye with it. Quite a bit a luck there gettin spotted so close to the ship." He said.

"Look Cynn I don't even know the details, Maim-Claw gave me the specific orders in a sealed scroll only to be opened when we arrive and it wil only take a day, this is one of the fastest ships in Armageddon even without the enchantments. We're all in the same boat here, just because I'm a higher rank doesn't mean I get o know more dtails thn you when we go on a mission." Kriak whispered to the white haired assassin behind him, truth be told he did know a little more but not much he knew there was a lot of targets but the specific number he had no idea, he had a suspicion that it would be a purge but other than that all he knew was to watch Cynn like a hawk, this was her trial, she'd become one of the highest ranks in the Creed if she did well, but other than that the Shadow knew nothing more than her or the other assassins.

"Ye can get yer stinkin wastelander corpse offa my ship whenever ye damned well please thankee very much." the captain barked at Sifo in agitation.

"I really dont know anything Cynn. Ive gotta hunch that its a Purge but thats only a hunch and one I hope Im wrong about. That would explain why the instructions are sealed. He could have also enchanted the scroll to change based upon different events so that when we open it the commands are correct." He replied slightly agitated about the younger assassin's mistrust. But he was softer than most realised if the time came when hed have to save her or any of the others hed do it without hesitation he understood that they were the future and he was their proctar for this their greatest test.

"assassins you say?...this is not a safe place then?" said Leonardo as the captain turned back round to face him, "And did you say Isla Chrunus? I have never heard of such a place...do you know where I may find a boat to Neverwinter? It shouldn't be too far and I don't think I was floating for too long......in any case I thank you for rescuing me, I would have surely perished out in that ocean"

"Frankly you'll be heard pressed to find a boat to any isle that isn't within 2 weeks travel of Saros at this time. Armageddon be a strange realm and very few now much of the waters, if'n ye want t get back to Neverwinter I'd say ye got three options. Talk to the Creed, not those guys over there," He gestured to Kriak and his contemperaries, "But to their boss, Maim-Claw, he's in the Great Maw, massive cave at the other end of the isle, ask around I ain't a tourist informant. You could also talk to the Rangers of Eleria, migratory lil' bastards right now I hink they've set up a large base on Isla Ados. And finally ye could stay on board my ship, this ship is the only mortal vessel that can travel to any realm and any island in the realm,but it'll take us a good many years before an isle phases into the realm of Neverwinter again and we'd have to hit it just right, those bridges don't stay open for very long it'll probably take another 25-100 years depending, I'd have to consult the charts, don't pay too much attention to Neverwinter meself, only reliable junction is in another 213 years and that'll stay open for a month but ye probably don't wanna wait that long. Now do ye?" The captain shot off rapidly.

Kifgat slammed viciously into the steel of the pod, it was solid construction, made to survive reentry, and the water pressure did not help much. He would have trouble swimming up, his exoskeleton caused him to lack buoyancy, but he was strong enough to do it. He would need to break out soon, he was at thirty feet and dropping. Finally, the door gave a little, and a gush of water poured in. He shoved his hands into the crack and pulled, splitting the pod in two, he gulped in the last bit of air before it escaped, and began to swim up, when he reached the surface, his lungs burning and struggling for breath, he began to tread water, he turned in a circle and saw a island not far from him, he set out, and did his best to let the surf carry him onto the shore, although he had to help stay afloat. He crawled onto the shore and lay on his back, he was not sure where he was, just that he had no communications equipment, he had no chance when the ship blew. He would be unable to send a message home, and it was unlikely that a rescue operation would come, this had been a black op. Even if he did they probably would not find him. He was unable to send any signal, and would not until he molted and could use magic again.

He let loose a long high whistle, a curse that had no equivalent in human speech, He was MIA, and would probably stay that way.

"Well, I guess I need to find out whats here," he said to himself, "Just cause I am lost does not mean I should give up living,"

He picked himself up, and turned to the treeline, they were silvery, but he was not overly impressed by alien flora, although these looked suspiciously like plants from earth, except the color difference. He walked up to the treeline and heard voices, sounds he could recognize, but not make out from here, dropping low to the ground and drawing his knife and pistol he placed his hand into the tiny cavity that was the safety, arming the weapon. It expanded some and let loose a hiss of air, the pink flesh within showing, he spat into the weapon's reservoir and advanced through the trees toward the voices, his gun in his right hand, his knife in his left, no idea what he was getting himself into, nor what it is he hears...

<<ooc: I should have mentioned that the gun was organic in my character sheet, it does not make much difference though, the effects are the same>>