Number of songs to be selected at once

Nadin

What would be the ideal number of songs to be put on one holotape? It's inconvenient to have to bring up your pip-boy every few minute to select a new song, but it's it's also inconvenient to have to listen to two songs before you get to the one you want. What would be the ideal balance?

What would be the ideal number of songs to be put on one holotape? It's inconvenient to have to bring up your pip-boy every few minute to select a new song, but it's it's also inconvenient to have to listen to two songs before you get to the one you want. What would be the ideal balance?

Can you even use music files with holotapes? I only ask because some time ago I tried to build an idea of a music store but, never figured out how to get my mp3's to play as individual tapes.

I spent a week looking for really strange vintage royalty free music, Had some crazy stuff but, I gave the idea up because I couldn't get them to play.

You may know something I don't and, I'm asking because I would like to revive the idea if you could tell me how.

To answer your question, I would say the fewer the better. If your going to put music on holotapes, they should be very special. Something that the player would specifically want to listen to. Otherwise, you should simply build another custom radio station.

just my thoughts

Chuck

Exactly. And, for the record, I think the GECK only accepts .Wav files.

I'm doing this instead of another radio station because those are notoriously unstable, and cause too many CTD's.

But you think that one song per tape is sufficient? I would have thought that that would get old, what with the need to bring up the pip-boy every two-six minutes.

I don't see why the game would know the difference between a voice and a song. What path it's in would be the only difference, I would think.

From what I was able to figure out by reading tutorials, holotapes only have a set amount of time they can play. It's not an issue of distinguishing the difference between voice and, music but, trying to play a song that was over the set limit. (which I couldn't find a definitive answer for because, the holotape tutorials always talk about the number of characters in the paragraph and, the need to break long ones up into usable sections, not the time limit.)

It's quite possible I was simply using the wrong format, I tried with mp3's and, .wav.

I'm not by any means claiming I'm an expert on the subject. It would be cool if someone could prove me wrong and, help me pull off something I've wanted to try to do myself.

I'm just talking here, hoping to get some info or to learn something new. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

Exactly. And, for the record, I think the GECK only accepts .Wav files.

I'm doing this instead of another radio station because those are notoriously unstable, and cause too many CTD's.

But you think that one song per tape is sufficient? I would have thought that that would get old, what with the need to bring up the pip-boy every two-six minutes.

Nadin,

You know me, http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/tongue.gif I try to add things that I think will be special for the player. I myself wouldn't mind so much if the music you've added was worth my while to listen to. Something, quirky, weird, odd or, especially creepy. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif

I understand your reluctance to add a radio station for obvious reasons. In my mind this should be something like grabbing your Ipod and saying to yourself I need to hear "That Song"! (what ever it is.)

I've got a ton of creepy blues and, bluegrass from the early teens and, twenties I'll look them up and, if you want, I will pass them along to you for your consideration.

EDIT: all music I would send to you is most definitely royalty free. Not going to get myself or, you into trouble over a dumb issue. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif

I'd be happy to have them. Thank you.

Edit:

Oh, and how much do you know about how weather/climate functions?

I'll put a music compilation together for you by the end of the week. I have tones of fun songs about cocaine, Girls turning them selves out as hookers because there husbands couldn't float the bills. Nutty stuff, we'ed never think about!

(not trying to be shallow, this is real music from real life.) http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/pirate.gif

I've done some work with weather and climates in my glass windows cells. I understand the basics but, if you start to work with image modifiers things can get a bit screwy.

what are you going for?

It's complicated. I've compiled the standard wasteland moods, rain and snow, radioactive fallout, and a few of my own into one file. I'm setting all the climate chances and such, and then I'm going to script it so that cloudy weather turns into snow or rain which turns into calm, Etc. The problem is that, having configured this all in a slapdash manner, there's been a few bugs. One is apparently an easily fixed issue with HDR, but the other is more serious. You can see it here:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=17178

I can't figure out what the hell it is. The only possibility I can think of is and issue with the skybox, but it all checks out.

It could also be an issue with to many ISM's. I have multiple levels of DOF, saturation, contrast, and more applied fairly consistently. It could also be that one or more is overlapping.