Heightmap Editor help needed.

tpower

So well, I had planned to create some kind of landscape project, the thing is: I dont want to do it with the brush in the built-in Heightmap Editor, and I certainly don't want to do it with the Landscape Editor.

Now, I've heard alot about importing 1024x1024 images with 16bit raw formats or something, I've tried that, it just does not seem to work. And GeoControl just seems like a puzzle to me.

So could any experienced heightmap-peeps help me out on this one?

contact me on the forums, or on [email protected] (because Im nearly always on MSN, more than Im on the forums atleast)

The .raw files have to be 16-bit. They have to be IBM byte order. I'm also pretty sure they shouldn't have an Alpha Channel, and I think they need to be non-interleaved.

You might find this useful. I haven't tried it.

http://projectmanager.f2s.com/morrowind/TESAnnwyn.html

As Megatarius says..

This nifty tool can handle a lot of big files in height formats. The issue is how to grasp a tool that exports a hightmap file that you can import with this tool to the level of detail you want. That is, you need to use a 3rd part tool or a real world source of height levels for you're new world space. This source needs to be formated in a form that TESAnnwyn can handle, but after that you have a .esp that you can work further with.