How can I use modder's resources in my own mod?

Kantorock

I'm interested in using several resources in my upcoming mod. The thing is, I don't know how to incorporate them. Do you select them as you would do when you're including another mod into the Construction Set, say like SI, or is there another way to do it?

from what i know you simply stick them into your data folder, after that you will not have to load up any mods or anything out of the ordinary in the cs, you will simply have to navigate to them when making a custom item or whichever

Yes, they work as every other item in the cs - only you have to add them yourself, which is very easy.

1) Right click in the item list the item belongs and select new

2) Click the nif file button and browse through your data folder to the wanted nif (make sure you have the meshes and textures in your folder, check the filepath in the download file first)

3) Give it a unique ID and click ok

Once you get the NIF and DDS files into your own mod folder, you will probably need to update the NIF files using NifSkope and update all the texture paths so they reference your mod folder to the DDS files within them.

This tutorial should step you through the necessary steps for using NifSkope...although it was designed for fixing hard-coded texture files...but still they are the same steps you would need.

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/How_To_Fix_Hard-Coded_Texture_Paths_in_NIF_Files

LHammonds