Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're using the steam version you have to disable ingame community on your steam settings for mge to work. Did some searching, found that out.

Thanks! Except now it doesn't look much different even though i enabled distant land and put it on highest settings. Oh well, i'll figure that one out.

Installed MGE 3.8, following the documentation supplied at Source Forge.

I've unzipped MGE to the correct location, but when I try to run MGEgui.exe, I receive the error:

Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException

I've been fighting that problem for the last couple of hours. I finally found this fix at the Something Awful forums:

I was getting a System.NullReferenceException error with MGEgui.exe and what fixed it was setting both Morrowind.exe and the Launcher to run as admin, then running the launcher and changing the resolution. Changing the res wouldn't work until I ran the launcher as admin, and now Morrowind Graphics Extender runs fine.

Seems strange, but I followed the instructions -- set Morrowind, Morrowind Launcher (and MGEgui) to all run as Administrator, then ran the launcher, opened the settings, changed the resolution, then closed the launcher. After which, MGEgui ran perfectly. So just goes to show...

Sorry imma newb to modding morrowind so i might be doing something very wrong. When i try to install mge 3.8 what do i exactly do? In the rar their is a mgeui and two other ddl files

where do i extract these? I set up 3.3.2 with ease cause of the exe set up. When i try to extract these to my data files my extractor comes up with "this is not a writable path" Were can i make it writable. I am admin on my pc. Also Im not using the steam ver. Oh and when i try to click on the mgeui.exe it says"oone or more of mge files are missing?"

thanks if their is a good tutorial please point me thier

Sorry imma newb to modding morrowind so i might be doing something very wrong. When i try to install mge 3.8 what do i exactly do? In the rar their is a mgeui and two other ddl files

where do i extract these? I set up 3.3.2 with ease cause of the exe set up. When i try to extract these to my data files my extractor comes up with "this is not a writable path" Were can i make it writable. I am admin on my pc. Also Im not using the steam ver. Oh and when i try to click on the mgeui.exe it says"oone or more of mge files are missing?"

thanks if their is a good tutorial please point me thier

edit: no help needed looks like it needed the mge3 file

thanks i guess anyway lol :whistling:

I downloaded and installed MGE 3.8 but when I start the game all I get is a black screen.

i foundnd a way to turn off the shaders, but the preview is also black.

All the shader effects have applied them selves to the title screen and UI.

The water no longer has any effects on it, it just looks like the defualt water, only with a reflection.

Update: I removed MGE completely and reinstalled and it works now. But there is no longer any options/shaders for SSAO, DOF, or Water.

The shaders still affect the whole screen including the UI.

Edited by DaMuncha

I have a problem with MGE. I've tried googling all over, but I can't find a single documented instance of someone else having the exact same problem.

The game runs smoothly with MGE and everything else is fine, EXCEPT I cannot see water at all. There's just an innocent looking dry dirt trench, I can hear the water sounds, and when I walk into the trench suddenly everything turns blue and I see a "breath" bar.

I've turned on/off water reflections, tried tweaking the "distant land file wizard", installing new water tweaks, but there's nothing else that specifically deals with the appearance of water. It just will not show up.

Some help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
For those of you wondering- if you set the Draw Distance to 52, you should be able to see any part of morrowind from any other part, so long as you are high enough, that is. Unless you're using Tamriel Rebuilt or another mod that adds a large amount of landmass, you shouldn't need any more than that.

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't see anything saying it required the expansions for one. I replaced the Morrowind.ini file and now the game won't let me play w/o MGE installed, which i apparently can't since it requires bloodmoon. anyway around this?