Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

Arrenmog: At the Global Graphics tab you can tick the box 'Water is reflective' if you want it to be reflective. I'm pretty sure the water looks like the original water again that way. No need to give it a 3 for that.

Good suggestion Povuholo, but unfortunately this just makes the water like a mirror, as opposed to the shader it previously had. I'm sure, as it already exists, that the shader could be implemented by the user through MGE, but I would suggest searching on Planet Elder Scrolls, or here possibly, for a different water shader, i can remember I found one that wasn't too bad.

Then of course, someone could contact, is it Timeslip?, and ask him:

a) is it possible? and

b) could he/she do it?

I'm sure he would be happy to oblige, if indeed he is still modding.

Plus, you can work out the slow fps that people have been talking about, it just takes a fair amount of grit and time, *twitch, twitch*

Hope this helps,

Cris.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is because it assumes that Mournhold has the distant land of Ebonheart, the place you are transported from. There are fixes for this, entitled MGE distant land fix, or something similar. You'll find it in google that way.

As yet, I don't believe that you can use the original pixel shader, I certainly couldn't work it out, but there is an option to import shaders built into it, and if you read my previous post, I have suggested how to fix this. I liked the original shader much more than the reflective water too.

• 3 weeks later...
That didn't work for me, but Timeslip does suggest it on the official forums. I'll ask him myself.

And that's what everyone should do when they find a bug or other issue: Contact the author on the official forums or by email (Or check the forum thread on the official forums) and see if he has a solution or can fix it in the next update. Timeslip is still active, so that shouldn't be a problem.

QUOTE(Timeslip)Why have pixel shaded water and/or shadows been disabled?

MGE's distant land is not compatible with morrowinds shadows or pixel shaded water, and so they are automatically disabled. If you have a sm2 graphics card MGE can replace morrowinds water with its own, but nothing can be done about shadows. MGE may not automatically reenable them when distant land is disabled, so make sure you double check.

Neither shadows or the water can be reenabled inside MGE; To turn the water back on click 'options' in the morrowind launcher and change the pixel shader setting. Shadows need to be turned back on in the normal morrowind graphics menu.

If the shadows slider is gone even with distant land turned off, it's because you're using different z-buffer format to what morrowind was expecting. (i.e. D24S8)

This is his answer, while this hasn't worked for me, it may be just that I have had the wrong settings enabled within MGE to allow for the pixel shader, I'll give it a go once I have reinstalled.

EDIT: Just found these, if you can't get the original pixel shader working, and want something different to the default, have a glance over these: Water Shader Tweaks

EDIT2: I've played around with MGE, and have figured out that I cannot, in any instance, under any circumstances get the pixel shaded water abck. I believe that to do this you must play without distant land, which does away with the point of the mod. I have found a rather good replacement, in my opinion, for the water shader that comes with it, making the reflections less distinct and the sunsets/rises much more beautiful. Should be easy enough to find if you search for MGE.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...