Guest Plugin Manager

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Error Unable to read screen resolution from registry

Unable to change screen res in MGE when I try I get

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Any fix for this?

Edited by TorchmanXyz

I need to get in contact with the Developers. Does anyone know how to do that?

My problem is this...

I can install Morrowind GOTY with the expansion packs, but when I get the MGE on there, it encounters a problem. Many of you have reported this and I have explored it as much as I could.

It was working for me at one point, but I couldn't get some other mods to work, so I reinstalled Morrowind 3 times, and did a few system restores. When it occured, I looked in Event Viewer to look at application and it pointed to .net 2.0 error. I figure this meant that .net 2.0 was having a problem. I tried to repair .net 2.0 but no success. I then reinstalled windows with XP Pro SP3.

All the time and effort, that did not solve the problem. I continued to look and found out that it had problem with kernel32.dll. This is likely that MGEgui.exe is trying to access memory address space that kernel32.dll is located, thus having the problem. I would replace the dll file, but it is a Windows protected file. Now I have done just about everything I can to fix kernel32.dll, and nothing has worked. Now it stands that kernel32.dll is having a problem, or the software itself is having a problem. I have a few more options to try, including using Bart's PE and replacing the kernel32.dll file. I have also tried installing Morrowind in a different directory, but that also did not work.

So if I can get in contact with the Developers, I would like to discuss this, perhaps they know of a solution, or can create a fix. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be glad to hear it, but I've done a lot already, so I'll let you know if it worked or not. It appears a couple of people have gotten this, so if I find a solution, I'll let everyone know. I can play Morrowind just fine with MGE, but I ask you, what fun would that be.

Edited by mad_cat

• 2 weeks later...

ok this is really starting to piss me the *ban me* off, ive tried everything ive gotten three separate errors

missing d3dx9_40.dll

the notorious crash

unable to read screen resolution fro registry

can someone actually help with this?

I downloaded the Redist. for dx9 and 10, so i have the d3dx9_40.dll

but why the hell does it keep crashing?

the *ban me* who wrote the readme needs to be informative instead of short worded.