Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea how to get this working. I installed all of the necessary requirements (directx 9.0c, morrowind v1.6, microsoft .net v2.0, Microsoft Visual C++), but when I try to run the MGEgui.exe a message pops up that says "MGEgui has stopped working"

Also to note I have Windows Vista.

Any help?

I have no idea how to get this working. I installed all of the necessary requirements (directx 9.0c, morrowind v1.6, microsoft .net v2.0, Microsoft Visual C++), but when I try to run the MGEgui.exe a message pops up that says "MGEgui has stopped working"

Also to note I have Windows Vista.

Any help?

A little vague, but I had a similar problem one way to fix that is to overwrite the latest beta build with the latest STABLE build.

@blast0r

Thanks that did the trick!

I tried to explain it as well as I could, but I had no idea if it had to do with the mod or just my computer so I didn't even know where to start looking for the problem.

hey i have no idea if GRRRFFF will see this, but i want to thank you soooo much for posting once you found your solution. i'd spent 12hrs trying to find the same fix and was just about to give up (sad and angry) when i finally decided to desperately try your one last suggestion. viola! it's all worth it. and i signed up on this site just to say thanks. kudos :)

Sorry if this seems silly, its prolly something simple im missing or overlooking but when i tried to go outside from my last save the game simply crashed. Like I said its probably something simple i overlooked but im too tired to spend another 2 hours looking. Any help?

I have a HP Pavilion Elite 9750 Quad-core with Vista SP2 if that is required info

If anyone could help me with this email me at [email protected]

or just post here, dont really care as long as someone can help me with this.

-Thank You

Try to reduce your AI and viewing distances, make sure your AI is at least 10% less than your view distance and if still happening, coc to somewhere else and come back to that point. I get this crash occasionally and like you couldn't be bothered to spend hours chasing down whether its a grfx glitch, a sound file not playing at the right time or even the game engine trying to put two things in the same spot. My guess would be sound more than grfx although it could be the two playing poorly together. When I coc around it and come back, the crash doesn't occur so it seems to not be a permanent problem and with it happening at a cell load, my suspicion goes to sounds.