Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrighty, I haven't played any games in a while, ex TESIII junkie getting back into the good stuff, just got a laptop, ATI HD3200, 3GB ram, 2Ghz dual core athlon DirectX10 have the .NET 3.0 framework.

I'm actually only using this as i want the damned console and (lacking IR to turn off) i have tried all the drivers for my keyboard to no avail. Tried the autoinstall, apparently i'm missing .dll('s), tried the manual install, no drama's but the program (MGEgui) crashes before it even initialises, no error message; just that crappy new "windows is looking for a way to fix this" with the cancel option. I saw somewhere you asked for the .dll('s) being used if there is an error so my dxdiag says atidxx32.dll atidxx64.dll atiumdiag.dll though i have a feeling this isn't what you were referring to.

Anyway please help if possible i am so sick of placing activators in the game to change my char around when i want. -also too lazy/inept to clean em' so i'm starting to get duplicates all over the shop.

Cheers

-------------------------

Right, rookie error, apparently DX10 is not actually a better version of DirectX and i still need 9.0c - Damn my slow internet connection.

--------------------------

Still, would be nice to find a comprehensive solution to why the damn console doesn't work, it seems like such an odd issue.

Ok, I have used this utility extensively in the past and it's never failed me before... Although just recently I did a fresh install of Morrowind and headed to the Sourceforge link for the latest version of this awesome tool, downloaded and installed it (Manual install) and then attempted to open the bad boy up...

"MGEgui.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I sent the error report, just for the heck of it, then decided perhaps this new version didn't like my system (Windows XP SP3, Palit GeForce 9500 GT, 1GB RAM *Upgrading soon*, Intel Core 2 Quad Core Processer clocked at 2.5Ghz -Just if you need to know) so I got the 3.3.2 Installer from TESNexus and ran the install, after it had finished I tried my luck again... To no avail. Same problem as before... I don't understand why this would happen, about 1 hour before I reinstalled Morrowind I had the Graphics Extender working perfectly... And now, it won't even start up.

Please can somebody take some interest and help a brother out? I really love this tool and I'd hate to have to play Morrowind without it.

I realize that I've never properly thanked the author of this mod, so thankyou! :D :thanks:

Same problem with me, I DO have MWSE installed but Im getting

"MGEgui.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Whenever I try to load it up.

Anyone figure this out?

Okay, so, recently built a new system, asus p6t mobo, gts 250 graphics card, i7920 proccess. running on crappy windows xp sp2

LOved morrowind back in the day decided id like to play it again, terrible on my widescreen (25 inch mon)

saw the mge and was amazed so i downloaded all the stuff... got the right direct x

the right .net

all thatstuff and its in my morrowind directory, but everytime i click on it, instantly says "has encountered a problem and needs to close"

would LOVE to get back into the game with this if anyone can work out the kinks of this issue

Im still having the "MGEgui.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." Problem and I resintalled everything DX 9, .net, MWSE, MWE etc

And still I have the problem too as the other people have.

My system specs are

Nvidia GTX 275

Windows 7 64 bit

8 gigs of memory

Morrowind installed in C:Games (not Program Files)

Hopefully someone will figure out whats going on, I too would love to play Morrowind again using MGE on this more powerful system.

I have a annoying problem whenever I try to set the resolution higher it says a bunch of errors and the same thing happens with distant land it's not my computer because I can play oblivion on highest graphics.