Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow people still post here (Thank GOD!)

I am a HUUUUUUUGE oblivion fan and I realllly want to get into morrowind!

now I installed the game.... installed the latest patch... I noticed the game didnt work fullscreen so I just windowed it... and it worked

so i threw in the MGE and I get this "your version of Morrowind is not compatible with MGE. MGE requires a fully patched copy of Bloodmoon (i.e. Morrowind version 1.6.1820)"

I don't HAVE bloodmoon... do I need it to use MGE? (I am using windows 7 btw)

and now when i try to run it either in window or full screen i get this

"2

could not open the MGE Settings file

the System cannot find the file specified.

Try running mgegui.exe to re-create the save files. "

lol... So confused!... P.S i installed direct x 9...

Any help would be amazing :) CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY!!!!

anyone still even check this forum?

is there maybe another forum to check?

I have reinstalled this game about 23 times and I still can't get it to work...

i keep getting

"2

and when I remove MGE from the folder.... the game starts in fullscreen only (even tho i put window mode) and i can't even see the screen... just audio

anyone still even check this forum?

is there maybe another forum to check?

I have reinstalled this game about 23 times and I still can't get it to work...

i keep getting

"2

and when I remove MGE from the folder.... the game starts in fullscreen only (even tho i put window mode) and i can't even see the screen... just audio

Wow, 23 reinstalls should pretty much exclude the possibility that something went wrong during the installation... :rolleyes:

Seriously, I know it can be a pain in the rear to get MW working with the MGE - but it's worth it, trust me :biggrin:

Judging from the info you provided I sadly wouldn't know what the problem is...

You CAN use the MGE without Bloodmoon, as far as I know...

I'd have a look at this site: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/morrgraphext/index.php?title=TOC

and follow the instructions and hints carefully.

Or look up the official Bethesda forum...

Sorry for pointing out the obvious, but it helped me, too :unsure:

There´s almost always an active MGE thread on the first few pages of the Bethesda forums here, everyone is far more likely to get an answer there.

It is possible to install the Bloodmoon patch without having Bloodmoon, then MGE should work. I don´t know if this is safe though.

There´s almost always an active MGE thread on the first few pages of the Bethesda forums here, everyone is far more likely to get an answer there.

It is possible to install the Bloodmoon patch without having Bloodmoon, then MGE should work. I don´t know if this is safe though.

Lol awesome! Atleast people are replying :D

I posted on the links you provided... thanks alot :D

Noooooow... this is where I am at...

1. Installed game

2. Patched game

3. Turned game on (didn't work fullscreen... my screen said "invalid" and had no video... only audio)

4. Turned it into window mode and it worked...

5. Noticed the version of my game in the bottom left corner still said "1.2.0.X.X" so the patch didnt go in (I tried like... 5 patches... still nothing :S)

6. Threw the MGE mod and it says "your version of morrowind is not compatible with MGE" and it tells me to update it...

this is where I am stuck... if there was some way to patch the game... this whole issue would be solved lol!

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

If you're already having issues with running Morrowind itself in full screen I'd solve that first before adding MGE, because that's only going to make things more complicated. Most of the MGE versions only work in full screen as far as I know.

Is the screenshot feature for this mod working properly? I've tried taking screenshots, and even after "Screenshot saved" appears on the upper left hand corner, there are no screenshots in the Morrowind folder or anywhere else in my hard drive where I can search. Is there anyway to fix this or is there a way to change the folder in which screenshots get saved in?

I think with MGE the default screenshot feature doesn't work anymore. You can open the macro editor in MGE (Input tab) and assign a key to MGE's screenshot feature, then it should work.

upon starting morrowind it says :"Morrowind Graphics Extender 3.8.0" but when i load a save it hasnt happened anything. please help me i dont know what is wrong

---EDIT---

ok i followed the step by step instructions on SourceForge and now i have distant land. but my textures still look the same. Water is good but everything else i would like to have enhanced. please help.