Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

i would like to like this plugin, but it wont work for me. when i load the game, a message comes up saying that there was an error loading a file something like this:

error loadin file shaders/texcoord... not sure what the rest said, i also get the crash on opening the hatch in the beginning of the game. :wallbash:

edit, here is the whole message.

error opening file shaders\tedcoord_4_offset_a.vso

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mrlamppost

and

@IndianWarbones

1) First make sure now, since you've install MGE and didn't work well....Reinstall Morrowind, than download the Latest Patch from Elderscrolls:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_patches.htm

Because MGE overwrite some files, reinstall will be necessary in those circumstances.

2) Now; than Download MGE v3.8.2-SVN_rev-178 from this site:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/morrgraphext/files/

This is the Latest MGE which have some improvements and bugfixes.

3) When Installed and place them in the Morrowind Folder; Go to MGEgui.exe and click on *Tools* -> *Distant Land File Creation Wizard*

When opend, please open this site and read carefully the instructions and meaning of each action you take:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/morrgraphext/index.php?title=DL_Settings

• 1 month later...

Having major problems with MGE's latest SVN (178) with the water - during the day, the sun flies around the water like crazy, I assume the reflection is trying to emulate movement of water, but the sun is moving from one end across the river in Balmora to the other and back in forth in rhythm. No sun mods, no water mods installed (just using all the reflections, etc -- disabling the water reflections did not change anything either...)

help!

@forefall

Well,....

Set "Distant Land"-> Draw Distance 5,0 cells lower whatever you have

Set "Distant Land"-> Shader Model to 2.0

Set "Distant Land"-> "Water"->"Reflections"-> Sky "off"

Set "Distant Land"-> "Water"-> Dynamic Ripples "off"

Try these settings, and say when it works or not :)

Amazingchopin

@forefall

Do you have these recommendations?

* Directx 9.0c Latest Version

* Visual C++ 2008 redistributable

* .Net 2.0

If not, then download them because they are required for MGE.

And turn these on:

"Misc"->"Shader"-> Hook texture loads

"Misc"->"Shader"-> Update shader variables

"Misc"->"Shader"-> Supply HDR info to shaders

Try these settings, do you had the same problem with the older version of MGE?

Amazingchopin

Hello there!

First off, awesome job with the MGE, the pictures totally blew me away!

To my problem, I can't really seem to get it work, although I don't have any obvious problems. After hours of problemsearching I got the newest version MGE v3.8.2-SVN_rev-178 to work like a charm and I managed to bypass the "hatch crash". But after tuning the MGE-settings and activating the Distant land (which made the game crash before) I can't see any obvious changes in graphics except for the water. Also, the sun in-game is now made up by a giant black hole (looks like a blurry solar eclipse) >:[.

I've DL'ed the latest drivers for my graph card and I'm using the DirectX 10 (can't seem to find a DX9.0c that works, it won't install since I've got 10, and the ones I've found which works ain't self-extracting)

Here's a few of my computer specs:

* Intel Core Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz

* 4 GB RAM

* ATI Radeon HD 4800

* Win Vista Home Premium

If you want more info I'll post it.

In the MGE-gui I've pressed "best quality", and drawing distant lands at most likely the highest settings available. I get an FPS at around 70 and the game doesn't lag at all, but then again, no obvious graph changes.

Also got Net 2.0 and Visual C++ 2008 redist.

Edited by Grottmanuel

@Grottmanuel

Hello,

Make sure that you have the latest patch*, and that MGEgui.exe must be in the same folder as Morrowind.exe and d3d8.dll

Try to change the Resolution in MGE:

"Global graphics" -> "Display" -> Resolution

And try to set "Antialiasing level" and "Anisotropic filtering level" to 2x or higher

I think this must help, if it doesn't please say so.

[patch*]

http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_patches.htm

Edited by Amazingchopin

Major edit:

I fixed it! It was a tremendous amount of installing/uninstalling and stuff and to be honest I don't know what fixed it.

I still have a small question: why isn't the NPC's (own character included) affected by the graphical changes? All other textures are, not the humans nor their clothes though. Any thoughts?

Also, in your pictures at night (and overall really), everything is so incredibly dark and clear, not least beautiful. The sky is amazing. Are you using any other mods to achieve that or is it MGE only? What are your settings? Cheers!

Edited by Grottmanuel

@Grottmanuel

Hello,

NPC's are not part of MGE, the only thing you can do is to set the distance settings higher. So that you can see the NPC's over a longer distance.

MGE is mostly for the landscape.

For the sky I use "Vurts Hi Res Skies and Weathers" mod, which give more detail and color to the skies :)

My MGE settings are:

Resolution: 1920x1080 16:9

Antialiasing level 4x

Anisotropic filtering level 4x

AA color fix "on"

Input lag fix "on"

Hook texture loads "on"

Update shader variables "on"

Supply shaders with depth info "on"

Supply HDR info to shaders "on"

Bind Al Distance to view distance "on"

Draw distance: 32,3 cells

Shader Model 3.0

Water Reflections Sky "on"

Water Reflections Landscape "on"

Water Reflections Nearby Statics "on"

Water Reflections Distant Statics "on"

Dynamic Ripples "on"

My Shaders:

knx_SSAO_v09

HDR lighting

knx_DoF_v12

sunshaft_v002a

If you want to install these shaders, then you must install them in chronological order. Sunshaft_v002a must download separated, it doesn't contain in MGE itself.

If you don't know how to install shaders, go to this link:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/morrgraphext/index.php?title=Activating_shaders

If you want Godrays like in oblivion (Sunshaft_v002a) then go to this link:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1036626-wipzrelz-sun-shaft-rays/page__p__15021765entry15021765?s=b655d13453b392a14a400baa07537338

Well, I hope this will contain the information that will help you further. If you have any questions of any kind, please ask...

Have fun playing Morrowind :)

Amazingchopin