Ghosts!

Prowler03

i'm not a firm believer in ghosts, or the paranormal in general. i have family that do however (my mother was absolutely convinced there was a spectral crying woman who lived in her room, my sister thought that her room was haunted and had night terrors related to demons).

i do though, get the occasional feeling that i am being followed. i chill runs down my spine, i turn around and no one is there. it dissapears when i reach my destination.

i'm not a firm believer in ghosts, or the paranormal in general. i have family that do however (my mother was absolutely convinced there was a spectral crying woman who lived in her room, my sister thought that her room was haunted and had night terrors related to demons).

i do though, get the occasional feeling that i am being followed. i chill runs down my spine, i turn around and no one is there. it dissapears when i reach my destination.

Psychological effects of paranoia which likely stem from sub-concious suggestion - Walk around your house at night with no lights on after watching a comedy film, then do the same after watching a scary film. Another example would be to do the same after a bad and good dream, you are much more likely to turn all the lights on to visit the bathroom while constantly looking over your shoulder if you just experienced a nightmare.

You will find the effects entirely different, and it's the mind's defence system kicking in because one of the strongest reflexes we have is based on self preservation.

The effects wear off when you reach your destination as you have come to your 'sanctuary' away from the possible threatening obstacles, in the case of my suggestion it could be returning to bed knowing the journey is done without experiencing anything allowing you settle quite easily.

However if you do the post-nightmare scenario and you DO leave the lights off you are highly susceptible to Hypnagogia, and accounts for ghost sightings when people are tired.