Witch Hunt

DarkSpiral

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not a few decades after, it begins at the same time as DA:O and finishes ten years later. Additionally it has been confirmed by the developers that Hawke is in no way related to Morrigan.

Correction, DA:2 is a few years after DA:O ends

Source: http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/

When does Dragon Age 2 take place?

Dragon Age 2 takes place sometime after the Blight of Ferelden, as the Darkspawn and other threats emerge to endanger the world again. The story unfolds over the course of a decade as you rise to power and change the world.

@dragon6510 - Hawke's bio states that he was at Lothering and left to the Free Marshes to escape the blight. Oh and Hawke has a brother and a sister.

I am very much interested in this expansion. I would think that since the newborn would have the soul of an old god in place of a normal soul, that it would still be susceptible to the dark spawns "old god" corruption. I mean the old gods weren't originally corrupted until the dark spawn found them. That could easily make it happen in this case.

If you are willing to give me free BW point, Star I'll be telling you all about it :tongue: jk. I have never bought any other DLC's that BW offered because I'll too poor and I hoping that BW could give it in DA2 as a jester of good will.

As for that is done now for the corrections, this takes one year after the defeat of the AD, Morrigan returns to Ferelden because of something that the elves have and she wants. As for DA2, it starts on the day before Lothering was burnt to the ground and spans for ten years, so a lot of things could happen.

It is not a few decades after, it begins at the same time as DA:O and finishes ten years later. Additionally it has been confirmed by the developers that Hawke is in no way related to Morrigan.

It really isn't a few years later, Lancelot. I'll admit that the info on the main page is misleading in that regard, but (at least) brokenergy and I are both regulars on the Bioware forums, and the game developers have been very clear, explicit even, on the fact that the begining of DA2 occurs during the same time period as DA:O (in Lothering, before the Blight rolls over it) and then continues for a ten year period.

I hoping that BW could give it in DA2 as a jester of good will.

Is that a joke or some kind of euphemism? :tongue: :laugh:

I TOTALLY want "The Jester of Good Will" as a Companion in DA2! :teehee:

Let's make a sig , "I Support Good Will Jester", and a new Thread on the BioWare Social Forums! ;D

It really isn't a few years later, Lancelot. I'll admit that the info on the main page is misleading in that regard, but (at least) brokenergy and I are both regulars on the Bioware forums, and the game developers have been very clear, explicit even, on the fact that the begining of DA2 occurs during the same time period as DA:O (in Lothering, before the Blight rolls over it) and then continues for a ten year period.

I am not a regular poster on bioware forums but that doesn't mean I don't partake in reading them. Actually I think I've got about 4-5 nexus accounts just because I forget the passwords and what email I used to sign up with...

Anyways yeah we won't fully know where the game starts or whatever until it finally comes out. They could easily decide to put it in anywhere. I am among the thoughts though that it does indeed start in Lothering. That way it will give you a better feel of the in-game universe. You making your grandoise escape from Lothering as the city burns :D

PS: I really hope they show Lothering burning. That would just make my day so much

Hey guess what I made a new sig

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad298/someonestoleit/jester.jpg?t=1282955751

It's a quick one but I'll make more in my spare time