Extraterrestrial Life

Lehcar

There is another point of interest that I think people overlook…

Our planet is billions of years old. If not older. We have fossil records of some very ancient life forms. If enlightenment humans, after a period of evolution, can achieve space travel within only a few hundred years, then I believe it is very possible that previous earthborn life could have taken to the stars millions, or even thousands of years ago. In fact, an ancient human race isolated from the rest of humanity, could have achieved these heights after a period of enlightenment. Moreover, if you add up all of the life on our planet right now, the numbers are staggering. However, if you consider the number of life forms that lived all throughout the earth’s existence, the numbers become mindboggling…so the question then becomes, what are the chances that earthborn life has achieved equal or greater intelligence, ambition, etc., to humans?

Extraterrestrial life does not necessitate intergalactic origins.

We also know that meteors have struck our earth on more than one occasion, and during times when life was abundant on the planet. (Like in the age of the dinosaurs) When particles, chunks of rocks, sediments, water (which could have formed into comets in the frigid vacuum of space) and other elements riddled with bacteria were ejected into outer space from a meteor or asteroid impact, the seeds of life could have landed on another planet, and sprouted…

According to the last analyses based upon the Drake equation by Ward, Brownlee, Walter an Aczel the probability of intelligent life is P = 1 (we!) for our galaxy and P = ∞ for the universe with the physical chance for an extragalactic contact equal to 0 due to the insurmountable distances between the different galaxies.

Let us assume, against Ward et al, we’d indeed have P = 2 in our galaxy, then a contact is probable within a mathematical timeframe of 700 million years and this exclusively by two reasons – within the scope of a energetically to be justified spontaneous step-by-step colonisation of the galaxy by at least one species or by a forced appearance after a cooling of the home-star, when energy costs no longer play any role and the one-way exodus is the very last attempt of the species to survive.

Now, for we aren’t yet colonized by aliens none of them was ever here in the past or we’d found relicts, technical tracks of their former presence... or WE are the descendants of them after a crash landing in the prehistory wherein they’ve lost their big marbles – and that’s improbable due to a quite similar behaviour and genetic structure of the great apes. There is thus still time left for the making of gifts for the 'gods'.

On the other hand, the coming of the last ETs on their final trip to find a new home planet in our solar system excludes any chance for a peaceful contact – the guys would have only this chance to settle down and no other. They’d take Earth by force. Boom!

Well, we as the underdogs aren’t yet annihilated and that means that they are still on their journey, if ever.

Future colonization, final annihilation or eternal isolation

Make your choice.

The most reasonable and intelligent reply I've come across and in my opinion the most likely to be true ...

According to the last analyses based upon the Drake equation by Ward, Brownlee, Walter an Aczel the probability of intelligent life is P = 1 (we!) for our galaxy and P = ∞ for the universe with the physical chance for an extragalactic contact equal to 0 due to the insurmountable distances between the different galaxies.

Let us assume, against Ward et al, we’d indeed have P = 2 in our galaxy, then a contact is probable within a mathematical timeframe of 700 million years and this exclusively by two reasons – within the scope of a energetically to be justified spontaneous step-by-step colonisation of the galaxy by at least one species or by a forced appearance after a cooling of the home-star, when energy costs no longer play any role and the one-way exodus is the very last attempt of the species to survive.

Now, for we aren’t yet colonized by aliens none of them was ever here in the past or we’d found relicts, technical tracks of their former presence... or WE are the descendants of them after a crash landing in the prehistory wherein they’ve lost their big marbles – and that’s improbable due to a quite similar behaviour and genetic structure of the great apes. There is thus still time left for the making of gifts for the 'gods'.

On the other hand, the coming of the last ETs on their final trip to find a new home planet in our solar system excludes any chance for a peaceful contact – the guys would have only this chance to settle down and no other. They’d take Earth by force. Boom!

Well, we as the underdogs aren’t yet annihilated and that means that they are still on their journey, if ever.

The most reasonable and intelligent reply I've come across and in my opinion the most likely to be true ...

As much as I hate to admit it, it is a good analysis of the facts...there is the possibility however that 'they" are not in need of territory and are just explorers. An alien species would not necessarily have the same foibles or weaknesses as us. We might just get lucky and have altruistic visitors..it is a big galaxy after all.

Another thought. The ETs that do (possibly) visit are not explorers or scientists at all, but sightseers who are just looking at a primitive society. And based on the numbers, we are not even a very interesting primitive side trip.

To spin bben46's story a little bit further .....

this will happen till we get our hands on interglacial transport devices. Then 20 -50 years later after we have been the tourists we'll get bored and then another 20-50 years and we are waging war on the half of the galactic sentient beings. Guess now what bores me ( History that happens again and again all over the human race)

But I think they come here to produce galactic shows too (A day naked on a primitive planet!) or (how much can you scare primitive sentient beings that try to cook you alive hopping out of their cooking pot. (original name of the show: "Quorztz!")) or one of my favorite galactic educational 3d-holo-channel shows: "Stupid primitives that still call their planet Dirt!"

Now seriously we can only speculate and to a point scientifically assume what other lifeforms may be until we get our recourses together and get up there and find out.

Edited by SilverDNA