Fingers of the Mountain

Twistedes

So I'll assume you haven't read the UESP Wiki article Oblivion:Fingers of the Mountain. In a nutshell ... one fame point and a spell (that has little utility).

I did read it right before posting this, but I just couldn't belive that was the only thing there was to this quest :P

So she just wants to read it, for no purpose really. Damn that's boring. Wish she would try to concure the world or something a bit smaller with it at least.

Does it say what the book is? Like what it says in the book? xD

I can't recall as it was so long ago that I last did the Mages Guild questline, and I'm not sure if I tried reading it or not. As it needs to be "translated" by Earana I suspect it'll just contain gibberish, if you can open it to read at all. Try it and report back (using a prudent save first attitude of course).

Most of the text you've given me is well beyond your comprehension, I'm afraid.

It's the first sentence of her note to you. I've quickly looked through her dialogue in the CS and she only confirms that the rest is only of interest to her and the PC would not understand it. She pretty much treats the player character as her 'little helper', who does not need to understend what (s)he does and why and simply has to obey and be rewarded. The reward is a note describing how to get the spell.

The book you get is a misc item and cannot be read. There is a readable version, but it is blank an not accessible during normal gameplay. And even if it was there is a script on it that would just display a message:

The book will not open, as if being held shut by some powerful force.

Edited by kkk122