Self Ban Request Page

Ranokoa

So many people requesting self bans. A lot by PM, a lot through random posts. I'm confused by it all and the reasons... especially the recent numbers... But if you must request a self ban keep it organized! Post it here, why and for how long, and for the love of god....

..... Be well, sleep well, fight well, live long.

~Ranokoa

Also, come back soon! :D

Why should we be interested in the backgrounds of a silent suicide?

To sophisticate it? No - it's ok when the candidate informs the staff.

Have a mazel tov

http://www.abload.de/img/anne9hol.gif

I've seen some wierd things since I joined this place so having a topic like this doesn't sound wierd at all. ;D

By PM is the best, but like ranoka, I have seen a lot of random posts around the forum, where they want to be banned for various reasons.

So, this topic may be useful. :)

I still create public notices. One never knows if it is a little brother that jumped onto big brothers computer to request the ban. :thumbsup:

As for the reasons why, there can be many but none are really that important to know.

Could be:

- feel addicted and must be "kept" from logging in. (personal issue)

- worried their account will be hacked while gone. (personal concern)

- think it is normal to have account banned / deleted when leaving the scene. (no need really)

- think we need to free up resources (not true)

- etc.

Well it all depends on how you want to go.

If you want to go and don't care/can't be bothered asking to go. Just post in here and log out forever.

Although. Personally I think a self removal from the site would be a good option too.

Just like on Facebook, bebo, myspace ... etc. It is much more dignified to leave by your own accord than being BANNED... Looks pretty bad on your account.

Somerandomguy

Group: BANNED

Looks pretty bad.

Just a Remove profile from Site button.

Obviously you will need confirmation on this. Email and password confirmation to prove it is indeed you. (Also a confirmation to prove you are HUMAN)

Now theres only one issue, that's if someone hacked you and removed your account. Well it will be the same as someone hacking and personally posting rubbish to get the account banned. Simply ask for the account to be reinstated and give reasons and explanation how it happened =)

FYI - "deleting" accounts isn't going to happen. You have the option of just not logging back in or getting banned. I'd rather not waste my time banning accounts just because people do not plan to come back but as long as it is fairly rare, I don't mind...like I said, some people have their own reasons.

If they are afraid of being hacked while gone, I suggest making the most difficult password ever, then leave... Problem solved.

And anyway, why should anyone hack a in-active account?