• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

New video uploaded: Werewolf The Awakening 2.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbAAYUpak_8

New content:

*Complete rebuilt of Werewolves Stronghold:

+15 Werewolves NPCs - they are all ancients, some of them may train you(the same way as other Tamriel trainers), some sell stuff

+there is place for duels - two random werewolves may enter this zone in order to train, standard duel consist of 3 rounds, each round last for 15 seconds, 30 in-game minutes between duels

+scripted Lights(they dynamicly turn on or off depends on day time)

+patrol routes for guards(armored: Chakor, Romolus)

+gate guards reaction(armored: Pierce, Taylor - may salute, grab their weapons or hold you)

+added benches

*New Configuration Menu: 4 eye textures and 4 wolf skins, AI Overload Control Panel

*Wolves(not Werewolves) are the only animals friendly toward Werewolves Characters

*AI behavior has been slightly improved

*some bones of players werewolf skeleton has been changed(better view in 1st person or while camera is close)

*added proper sounds, when player werewolf hits target(only blood emiter is not yet implemented)

*All attributes,disciplines and gifts implemented

*many fixes and updates, I believe all bugs have been found and fixed(the most annoying one was with turned guards - they rarely wanted to arrest everyone around(I mean other werewolves))

Working on:

*Prestige Point(name may change):

+can be raisen by killing vampires, infecting city rulers or completeing quests given by Ancients

+may be lower by attacking other Werewolves or just by killing them

+if Prestige Points drop under certain value, you will become outlaw and every werewolf around will try to kill you

*Quests

I do not know if you know, but this is still beta, I have just implemented Hotkeys in Configuration menu for all disciplines and transformation into proper shape(this is alternative, selection menus are still and will be available) -> disciplines, transformation, feeding and everything else will never be available in spell list, due to fact they have nothing in common with spells(spells have many limitations: if you are not in targets cell their variables reset to 0, if spell applies to not unique actor for example bandit, spell will apply to its base as well, using spell causing specific animation to pop out...) and i do not know if i made my point:

Lets consider discipline rabies(targets are pulsing in green and this effect skips from one to another): its damage depends on carriers discipline level AND his/her level, so for example werewolf has level 40 and rabies level 1 -> it will deal ~8 damage every sec for 10sec and if this effect skips on other target it will deal also ~8 damage to them as well, on the other hand: werewolf has level 5 and rabies level 3(possible) -> it will deal only ~3 damage to every target infected -> this 'powers' are dynamic, they have nothing in common with standard spells - once again, this is possible, because OBSE team implemented arrays.

Now I am going to create 8 slots for commands(party system is as it is, will not be changed, i like how it works) and will allow interaction with other companions for example in combat without entering order menu(situation changes so you may quickly order them to adjust to a new one without forming a new order, but using saved one - time saving).

I am still playing Vampire: Bloodlines(passed half a game already), but I still have some time for Oblivion modding.

Upgrades(till last video):

+Configurable Hotkeys for transformation, feeding and 8 free slot for predefined orders - may be set in WTA Configuration Menu

+Upgraded players transformation into a werewolf to a new level(to absolute MAXIMUM): transformation has been made as a mount(this is the only way to avoid crazy camera shaking), however beside free camera(while being werewolf) there is no way you will notice that this is a mount - changes(till last video):

- no camera movement, while transforming

- no matter if character is playing ANY animation just before mounting(anim will be overwritten) - no delay in order to mount wolfie

- it looks completely like you are turning into werewolf(EXACTLY the same position, direction - no exceptions) -> believe me, looks perfect

+Once again I was forced to change combat behavior(-.-): Did you know that calling StartCombat on guard, when there are no civilians around(classes marked as a no guard) will not force them to attack - they will start shaking around like junkies? Pretty annoying, but i implemented a system, which prevent it from triggering - needs a little more work, but is always working - I just need to change, when werewolves are being unregistered from HuntedList(every target on this list may be attacked by non-wolfie NPCs)

+Updated effect shaders for Disciplines to prettier ones.

Tomorrow, new college year is starting, first week should be easy as always. Here are updates since last post:

*if NPC in WerewolfForm dies, after ~5 seconds he/she revert back to HumanForm - was pretty hard to implement due to fact ModActorValue2 Health or Kill DOES NOT work, when actor is not fully loaded(I mean simple function 'enable' is not enough, after this, he/she is shading and after it is done, then you may use this commands, otherwise all instances of this script fails or CTD happens)

*Rabies does not work on Undeads and Vampires

*Transition Quest(The Lycanthropy Curse) has been upgraded - new dialogues added + checks if you are vampire -> it was hard and even now I am not sure if I secure it from every odd behavior - this quest is a little long and I wanted to prevent strange situations connected with being Werewolf and Vampire in the same time - due to fact werewolves hate vampires I wanted to implement proper behavior, due to fact player may become werewolf not only by taking part in initial ritual, but also got bitten by one + he/she may also become a vampire in every moment...

*looks like bug connected with backward animation has been almost fixed - it triggers rarely and when it does, there are no blank screens any more - just camera for one frame is going slightly down and up

*Players Werewolf attacks have been improved - you may now rotate, while attacking + backward anim speed has been increased 2x to make combat easier

*Infecting now give you hunger points, damaging target health(so they may die) and lower your humanity -> this will prevent player from turning whole city in 5 game hours into a Werewolves City -> after infecting you will be forced to recover your lost humanity or you will suffer great chance of transforming while in Human or Hybrid Form(however it will be possible to take whole town at once -> you just have to invest 5 points in willpower without adding frenzy points and even if your Humanity will be on level 0 you won't go frenzy in Human or Hybrid Form)

*Now infecting guards in town will never cause strange behavior(due to 'guard' field in class) - I know how to disable crime system, when i want it to be disabled(Werewolves Guards are a good thing - they will pay every bounty for you - even 100000 gold)

*Werewolves(order given secure the perimeter) now may howl to the moon

*I have checked every written script and fixed EVERY bug - I am using ConScribe + WeOPS + obse.log to check for any bugs, wrong function use, reasons for CTDs and there is now not even single one! This mod is already very complex one. Lets say: esp has already > 1.1 mb(I have not clean it yet from garbage) and Werewolves Stronghold takes max 200kb, rest are mostly scripts - thats why it was so bloody hard to make it works.

Things that must be done before release:

*Prestige Points: in one post earlier I have described their functionality

*Werewolves hunters(with lets say special ammo or weapons, which may cause hit werewolf to revert back to Human Form)

*Howling to the moon - but for now I do not know what for...

*at least one repeatable quest connected with hunting Vampire(s) with one of the ancients from the Stronghold

*Hybrid form upgrade - due to limitations of the oblivion engine I will make this by toggling vampire appearance(without aging and skin shading) with custom eye textures

I am also planning to release this mod with esp and esm(Mods Kernel with some command will be placed in esm file) - beside Werewolves Stronghold I am not going to create any other Werewolf Hideouts or Companions - I will place a section in ReadMe, in which I will describe how to create your one Werewolf Companions. I do not want to make more places, because I want to avoid as many incompatibilities as possible and because I hate doing this(it was really painful for me to create exterior for Werewolves Stronghold...)

INFO:

This college year seems to be at last interesting - at least one academic circle(not sure if this name exists in english terminology) is interesting -> creating robots and software for them. That means I will most likely stop working on this mod, however I am going to release what I have done so far and maybe sometimes I will fix any bugs mod users report. Current version is built on OBSE 19b4(because I was using EventHandlers) - till last update I did not have much time(and willing too) to make some major upgrades - i have used eventhandler to make werewolves susceptible to silver - there is now chance(how big it depends on werewolf level) that if got hit by silver arrow or weapon, werewolf will revert back to Human Form(while being in Hybrid or Werewolf Form). This version is so far as I have tested free from any bugs. I will have to update Readme, change some formulas + find wolves skins or maybe gain permission to use existing ones(4 four colors which can be seen on videos are from MMM). So in a matter of days,maybe weeks(depends on willingness) I will upload this version as a NEW file - previous WTA entry on Tesnexus will be deleted.

However OBSE 19 seems so far to be unstable - only this one feature was added from v19, so I might release it with 2 different esps(one on v18, one on v19) - seteventhandler so far is buggy: it triggers twice on event: onhitwith + if event handler is registered, then there is no way to load your game, if you are currently playing(crash similiar to crash on exit...)