Computer Specifications Help

FatalxSyn

I'd really advice you read a little on www.reddit.com/r/buildapc. There's lots of posts from people who've never built a computer in their lives and managed to.

That one you mentioned in your last post sounds neat, only the graphics card is a lot weaker than the CPU. But certainly better than the ones from your first post.

FYI I run Skyrim on an i3 2340m and intel hd3000 graphics card without any vram. Only 4 gig of regular RAM. It does run, but I have to manually reduce all textures to keep it playable.

They could go that way too, sure. But 70 bucks is a lot when you're deciding whether or not you can afford a little better CPU, or find out the PSU you were planning to buy isn't really powerful enough to run the GPU you had picked out, so you need a more expensive one.

But, it's up to the OP. I'm just more of a hands-on type person. If I build it myself I know exactly what's in it, where everything goes and how to remove it if I need to.

While compiling a system, if you pick say a strong video card, it will say "WARNING: You need a stronger powersupply, minimum 500watt/650watt/w/e" depending on how much cards/how strong the card is

If you select an intel CPU, all motherboards that are for AMD chips will automatically be removed for the list and only show intel supported mobos.

Everything is listed in order of "strength", basically the worst CPU will be on the bottom of the list since it costs the most.

You still get all the single part warrenties of buying parts yourself PLUS their free warranty/liability. 70$ for not only a pc that you hired somebody to build is worth it -- they make sure your PC runs optimally

never buy an operating system FROM THEM! windows is ~100$, you can find a old windows cd around your house :p

I would't be suggesting ibuypower if I did not have two computers from them, and enjoy the experience. I'm the type of person if I don't like a company or how a support person talks to me, will file a formal complaint, speak to the supervisors boss, and make sure that the company knows (not ibuypower, other companies) that they have lost money specifically because this person acted this way, and will buy something elsewhere (this is usually when they ask for a 1 minute hold and give you crazy discounts :p)

There are other websites like ibuypower, but they overcharge like crazy -- some tiger company (forgot full name) had a 500$ difference on a 2500 pc!

ibuypower man, all you're losing is 70$ and saving time + getting a neat and perfect pc. if you never built a pc, don't risk it, even if you have a friend that is a "pro pc builder". My friend tried to build a pc, after hours failed, called me over, and got the GPIO all wrong which i fixed in two seconds.

it's not "hard", it's basically a pro lego set, but if you've never done it before; you'll get overwhelmed. youtube videos don't really show the real experience.

I was considering ibuypower, but I ended up deciding to build my own since the $70 shipping is crazy to me, plus my budget was for everything including shipping, so I ended up having to downgrade seriously to be able to afford it, and then I realized I could get free shipping + some better deals off of Newegg. Ibuypower seems like a good company though. And is Tiger Direct the company you're thinking of?

Edited by Archgaull

I was considering ibuypower, but I ended up deciding to build my own since the $70 shipping is crazy to me, plus my budget was for everything including shipping, so I ended up having to downgrade seriously to be able to afford it, and then I realized I could get free shipping + some better deals off of Newegg. Ibuypower seems like a good company though. And is Tiger Direct the company you're thinking of?

Possibly, their logo is a tiger than it is.

Well good luck, but remember -- can't put a price on time and liability. I personally rather spend 70$ and get a neatly managed and good to go computer at my door, ready to install windows, than 100 boxes and have to sort things out (make sure you order EVERYTHING you need, it sucks missing a cable and waiting a few more weeks)

It's actually coming in 2 boxes, so thankfully I won't have to be sorting for half a day just to get everything properly out, and luckily both myself and my dad have built PC's before, so I'm not expecting much trouble aside from interior LED's and the liquid cooling which neither of us have experience with.

It's actually coming in 2 boxes, so thankfully I won't have to be sorting for half a day just to get everything properly out, and luckily both myself and my dad have built PC's before, so I'm not expecting much trouble aside from interior LED's and the liquid cooling which neither of us have experience with.

If you got the "built in pump" liquid cooling that I use on both my machines (as to many people, they're awesome), it's just a matter of screwing one part ontop of your cpu like a regular heat sink, and a radiator + fan to the side of your case. If you're talking about full blown liquid cooling with tubing, a pump, and actual cooling liquid, have fun!

They could go that way too, sure. But 70 bucks is a lot when you're deciding whether or not you can afford a little better CPU, or find out the PSU you were planning to buy isn't really powerful enough to run the GPU you had picked out, so you need a more expensive one.

But, it's up to the OP. I'm just more of a hands-on type person. If I build it myself I know exactly what's in it, where everything goes and how to remove it if I need to.

While compiling a system, if you pick say a strong video card, it will say "WARNING: You need a stronger powersupply, minimum 500watt/650watt/w/e" depending on how much cards/how strong the card is

If you select an intel CPU, all motherboards that are for AMD chips will automatically be removed for the list and only show intel supported mobos.

Everything is listed in order of "strength", basically the worst CPU will be on the bottom of the list since it costs the most.

You still get all the single part warrenties of buying parts yourself PLUS their free warranty/liability. 70$ for not only a pc that you hired somebody to build is worth it -- they make sure your PC runs optimally

never buy an operating system FROM THEM! windows is ~100$, you can find a old windows cd around your house :tongue:

I would't be suggesting ibuypower if I did not have two computers from them, and enjoy the experience. I'm the type of person if I don't like a company or how a support person talks to me, will file a formal complaint, speak to the supervisors boss, and make sure that the company knows (not ibuypower, other companies) that they have lost money specifically because this person acted this way, and will buy something elsewhere (this is usually when they ask for a 1 minute hold and give you crazy discounts :tongue:)

There are other websites like ibuypower, but they overcharge like crazy -- some tiger company (forgot full name) had a 500$ difference on a 2500 pc!

ibuypower man, all you're losing is 70$ and saving time + getting a neat and perfect pc. if you never built a pc, don't risk it, even if you have a friend that is a "pro pc builder". My friend tried to build a pc, after hours failed, called me over, and got the GPIO all wrong which i fixed in two seconds.

it's not "hard", it's basically a pro lego set, but if you've never done it before; you'll get overwhelmed. youtube videos don't really show the real experience.

Like I said before, it's entirely up to the OP if she wants to build it herself or have a place like ibuypower do it for her. It seemed to me like she was on a bit of a tight budget, and when you're on a tight budget 70-bucks is a lot of money, which is why I originally suggested a self-build.

Personally, the build warranty places like that offer isn't worth the time it would take to pack the PC up and post it back to them to fix. But again, that's just me. It might be the linchpin that makes someone else decided to buy from them.

never buy an operating system FROM THEM! windows is ~100$, you can find a old windows cd around your house :tongue:

I would't be suggesting ibuypower if I did not have two computers from them, and enjoy the experience. I'm the type of person if I don't like a company or how a support person talks to me, will file a formal complaint, speak to the supervisors boss, and make sure that the company knows (not ibuypower, other companies) that they have lost money specifically because this person acted this way, and will buy something elsewhere (this is usually when they ask for a 1 minute hold and give you crazy discounts :tongue:)

Like I said before, it's entirely up to the OP if she wants to build it herself or have a place like ibuypower do it for her. It seemed to me like she was on a bit of a tight budget, and when you're on a tight budget 70-bucks is a lot of money, which is why I originally suggested a self-build.

Personally, the build warranty places like that offer isn't worth the time it would take to pack the PC up and post it back to them to fix. But again, that's just me. It might be the linchpin that makes someone else decided to buy from them.

You don't just get their warranty, you get warranty for each part too as if you bought it from new egg -- and from what I know; if it's just your GFX card, you ship them yours and they ship you a new one, or you can get the GFX manufacturer to do it -- your choice.

I'm just saying it's good to have two places to complain too instead of just one. If the OP has pc building experience, then go right ahead -- I assumed with the crap computers he listed that he does not know wtf to do.

Note: New Egg Premium gives you 30 days free, get the trial, order your stuff, and cancel in in 29 days before they charge your card; free 2 day shipping :p

She, the OP is female. :wink:

It's true that having more than one place to return stuff to is nice. I personally just didn't care to post my entire PC somewhere to have something fixed. There's also no guarantees that they won't just shove something that they have lying around in your PC and call it a day, since most of those kinds of warranties say they have the option to use new or refurbished components, if you read the fine print. But I tend to be really un-trusting like that. haha. It's just me. I'm sure ibuypower is really good, I just like to do things myself. :)

That tip about New Egg is a good one. I wish I could buy from there, but alas I'm stuck with ridicules prices in the land of sun and dirt.

iBuyPower(or any website like them) might be useful for an average person but if you're enjoying unboxing new pretty tech and putting them together by yourself, modding it and making it look pretty, then they are pretty useless.

Why would I wanna pay another dude 70USD to do this for me while I can do it myself and enjoy that time greatly. And I seriously don't trust anyone to do my cable management for me. I'm pretty obsessive about it. :)