Queer guard behavior

redcloud0

Okay so it took me a long time (I'm new at this), but I finally managed to get almost all the oblivion mods I wanted installed and running.

The problem now is that whenever I commit a crime, which causes guards to run up to me, they don't arrest me and give me options to go to jail, pay fine, etc. Instead, they just talk as if I approached them normally with a "What do you want" or similar greeting, and then when I exit the conversation, they just leave.

This wouldn't be too much of a problem (since it means I never have to pay a fine or go to jail), but sometimes when I do a major crime like murder or steal a lot of things in succession, the guards will enter this infinite loop where they'll talk to me, and the second I exit out of the conversation, they'll talk to me again. This repeats forever, and I can't get out of it, which makes it unplayable.

I have no idea which mod caused this behavior. I've tried disabling each one I'm running one at a time, but it didn't change back. All the mods I'm currently running are:

FCOM

All Natural

Ambient Dungeons (I have ScreenEffects and You Are Here installed too, since I need them for this to work)

Beautiful People 2-ch Ed

Corean Race

HGEC

Robert's Male Body Replacer

Reneer's Guard Overhaul

Streamline

Supreme Magicka

Unofficial Oblivion Patch

UOP Shivering Isles

I'm using BOSS for load order and bashed patch so that FCOM will work. The only thing of note is that before I installed FCOM, guard behavior all worked perfectly fine, but after I installed FCOM, the weird behavior started. FCOM was the last mod I installed, so maybe that caused some issues, but I haven't yet gotten around to doing a reinstall and installing FCOM first.

Can anyone help with this?

I've never really used the console before, so I'm pretty sure I've never used that command.

I tried using payfine ingame, though, and after using it, the guards don't even talk to me anymore. They just follow me around after I commit a crime, but they don't do anything.

Why have you got FCOM installed with so few mods, and not even the mods that FCOM was designed for?

Does it matter? It's a personal preference. And thanks alonso for the paycrime tip. I would have never thought of it. Guards do this to me without the player.setcrimegold though. I have Reneer's Guard Overhaul if it is making it do it.

Edit: That really sounds confusing...

Edited by Beefyh

Why have you got FCOM installed with so few mods, and not even the mods that FCOM was designed for?

Because I've only started playing in the past couple of days, I'm new to this, and I have nearly no knowledge about what kinds of mods are out there. So far I've just been adding mods one at a time and checking out how it changes the game. I really want to get this fixed before I add more mods, though.

Well play whateever mods you wanna play its your choice :thumbsup:

Hmm this would also happen to me whenever I would imperosonate the guard faction or if I was in the guard faction and then switched but that only happened with Ranokoa's Undercover Mod which I see you dont have

Have you tried reinstalling ?

Because I've only started playing in the past couple of days, I'm new to this, and I have nearly no knowledge about what kinds of mods are out there. So far I've just been adding mods one at a time and checking out how it changes the game. I really want to get this fixed before I add more mods, though.

FCOM is a convergence mod primarily for Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, Mart's Monster Mod and Francesco's Creatures, with provision for a a few more mods. There is no point running it unless you have the mods it was designed for. If you are new to Oblivion and modding, I must warn you that installing FCOM is not for the faint hearted! It may also be a factor in your current problem.

FCOM is a convergence mod primarily for Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, Mart's Monster Mod and Francesco's Creatures, with provision for a a few more mods. There is no point running it unless you have the mods it was designed for. If you are new to Oblivion and modding, I must warn you that installing FCOM is not for the faint hearted! It may also be a factor in your current problem.

No worries, I have all of the major overhauls + FCOM_Convergence. It took me two reinstalls and like three days of my life but I did eventually figure out how to install it!

And aside from the guard behavior, there doesn't seem to be any other abnormalities. I'm probably gonna try to reinstall it later today, hopefully that'll fix it.