Does anyone know if its possible to make a game you own show it's

Vindekarr

I need to access the CD key for my copy of Sins Of A Solar Empire-but the box is just over a thousand kilometres away.

I bought and installed the game two years ago from EB games, but I've since moved and realised that the box-un needed since it can run discless, is still in my old house in Brisbane on the other side of the country. SO, is it possible for a discless game to display it's prodcuct key, so I can access it again, or am I going to need a new copy?

I've actualy GOT the disc down here, but It's in a plastic sachet, with the manual-and the CD key on the other side of a nation, I'm unable to register post re install.

If the game is still installed, or was previously installed on that computer, the key might still be listed in the game folder in one of those .ini files, or in the registry. It is however something that can be dangerous if you decide to just start changing stuff around, so if you go poking about, do not change/remove ANYTHING, no matter what it is you find. This method also depends quite a bit on just how the game handles the authentication information as many simply write certain bits to the .exe once authenticated.

If you registered the game however, that is probably your best bet, provided that you still have access to the information you registered with.

If none of these are present, you may simply have to buy the game again and make it common practice to keep the key with the disc at all times, even if it requires writing on the disc with a sharpe.