changing the wasteland

ThomasCovenant

As the title states...

Is it possible to change any area of the wasteland topographically?

That is...if I want to flatten an area where the is little or no "life" for use with RTS/Settler.

Maybe create a "natural" cliff wall around my settlement so that even with Raider Attacks turned on, they couldn't possibly

just run straight over and kill my newly minted builder and crafter, they'd have to go around to a bottle neck that I could more easily control.

Yes? How.

(If you don't know, then don't answer this. I want a specific How-To answer, not just "use the GECK")

Also this would help with deepening the Potomac River so that boats could be used.

-[moving river water would be less radiated depending on it current]-(?)

-[how did an aircraft carrier get up the river? the draft on said carrier is way too deep even if the currant "river" had water in it.]-

I thought the beauty of RTS was to find your own spot somewhere in the wasteland, not "cheat" it by making the most ideal place yourself (alot of mods feature HUEG flat spaces intended for RTS, one that comes to mind featured an insane stairway bottleneck effectively making any raider attack impossible to lose). Doesn't that take away all the fun of it? Create a bottleneck yourself, adapt to the environment and use it to your advantage. Thats all you really need. Are the raiders running up to your newly made workers? Prevent it, make more walls, like real life. Thats just what I think, though.

Won't tell you to "use GECK", but I don't think theres any "Feng Shui; Ground Edition" mod made yet so... ask Google for tutorials about land editing in GECK? Or Quetzl, as far as I understand he seems to be a master of the GECK. :sweat:

There's some places in-game that almost fit what you seek. The Anchorage War Memorial in particular, as well as some of the rocky outcrops to the north side of the map.

The theta crash site might also work.

But yes, if you ever have an unfixable problem in the GECK or game...ask quetzl.

Also, some of the bridge sections of the highway overpasses, like near the Super Duper Mart place, if you can get up there. On top of the Satellite array dishes works really well too. Just stick some landmines near the trap door in.