Cleaning up corpses?

MidbossVyers

OK, my character was in her house in Bruma and thought it would be a good idea to fight the Dremora, Orthe, so I used the player.placeatme cheat. My character won and got good items. The only problem is, there is a Dremora corpse in the house. How do I remove cheat-placed actors (NOT copies) after I'm "done" with them?

OK, my character was in her house in Bruma and thought it would be a good idea to fight the Dremora, Orthe, so I used the player.placeatme cheat. My character won and got good items. The only problem is, there is a Dremora corpse in the house. How do I remove cheat-placed actors (NOT copies) after I'm "done" with them?

Open up the console and select the corpse then type "disable".

No, you can't click on them anymore. You could type Enable after Disable though, as the reference to it is still selected. When using PlaceAtMe you create a copy, which will stay in the game forever. Moving it doesn't really change that. Ideally you want to create the object only once and keep reusing it.

Kuertee's Cleanup generally does a pretty good job of getting rid of excess clutter (including bodies that you don't want anymore). If you have it running and you don't mess with the body, then the mod will remove the corpse somewhere when 3 to 7 days of game time has elapsed.

I checked out this mod and what it does is, scan the area the player is in and Disable all npcs, aslong as they follow certain conditions. It also activates all items in the area following similar conditions (bit risky, as it will crash if more than 1 item is activated at once).

However, I created an npc with PlaceAtMe, disabled it and left the area to respawn (3 days by default) and when returning the GetFirstRef did not return any actors. Although there are no guarantees all data is removed/get no savegame bloating, it seems alright to just use Disable in the console, as suggested by Axxaw.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to get rid of a corpse or place it someplace else. The 'disable' command will make them not appear there anymore, but I found this mod and have used it with no problem. It's called Corpses Collector:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=30248

Gives you a spell to pick up the corpse. It will appear as a skull in your last items menu page. Take it to where you want to leave it and then drop it like you'd do anything else you want to remove from your inventory. Works like a charm for me. Hope it helps you!

Good luck finding what you need :thumbsup: