White Frosted Textures in Mod

Ordeiberon

I am trying to finalize a mod that makes adjustments to the Outcast Outpost in Operation Anchorage that has been giving me problems for months. The basic gist is that I expanded the secret vault and had to expand the occlusion plane to to be able to see it. It has taken me several tries to get it visible. Now I finally get the room done and visible, run through the mod and am now getting weird frosting issues on textures within the rooms. (Screenshots attached). It seems to be only affect certain textures under certain light. (Notice my belt in the screen shots as I walk closer.) Not the occlusion planes seem good, so I don't know what is causing this issue. Maybe ENB is conflicting but I haven't noticed any other issues. Any Ideas?

Your problem reminds me of a similar glitch that would occur with a mod that enhanced the GNR building awhile back... It would cause some of the Brotherhood's suit textures to turn white at times. Someone had later narrowed the problem down to being one of the light sources that was used. Once that particular light was changed to something else, the glitch went away. The mod might have been called 'GNR Enhanced'.

That's about all I can recall at the moment. You might try doing a search in the forums based on what I've mentioned and see what pops up. Hope this was of some help.

Thanks, it seems to be something with the metro lights. Perhaps some reflection off a metal surface? I removed the light above their heads and it fixes it. But then I noticed it happens in the hallway too. So something is messing with the lights. I thought it might be ENB, but I disabled it and it was still there. Less pronounced but still there. What might affect the lights. On another note, why is this cell so fraught with issues? I was also having an issue that the player animation gets messed up if you die and get reloaded. And I remember an issue affecting you if you used the Gauss gun in there too.

I think the problem with the light (in the GNR mod) had something to do with the radius of the light cone - the area of coverage. Try using lights with smaller area or different spectrum maybe?

As for your other problems with the Outpost, you might want to have a look at that cell (and your mod of it too) and the .esm with FO3Edit and look for any errors popping up. Maybe you've got conflicts that'll show up there... Good luck!