New here: Few questions about Models and Texture modding...

KuroSoraNeko

Browsing through mods, I see four that catches my eyes:

FCPA

HGEC

DMRA BBB (This comes with the DMRA body, right?)

and DMRA-GUTS BBB BB

So just some beginner questions for right now:

1) Do they replace one another so I only have once? Or are they independent and I can select them for each character I make or body change spell? (One with HGEC and another one with DMRA BBB?)

2) Are they compatible with females of all races like Orc and such?

3) If I know what I'm doing, is it possible to replace ALL of the male files with the female files (male armor -> female armor and male bodies -> female bodies) but with a futanari lower body? Would 18+ mods still work?

I'd appreciate any insight to this, thank you.

You have to decide

1 HGEC females or Robert Female. I prefere HGEC cause there are more clothes für this body. FCPA only works on the naked body and is not so far away from HGEC A cup. Mostly we have D cup. You have one body for all naked females. There is a mod ( not here on Tesnexus) changebody. There you can chose the body of a naked female via a spell. For an enhanced modder there are some other ways of changing by making the different bodys to clothes. This only works on naked females.

2 DMRA for the naked body you have to decide, but you can use DMRA Clothes with HGEC Body and you will see DMRA

BBB is for nearly every body available but you need an BBB animation replacer to get it to work.

3 Yes it is possible, for me it would take a lot of hours time working on CS but it is posssible. I do not know how familiar you ar with CS.

You have to decide

1 HGEC females or Robert Female. I prefere HGEC cause there are more clothes für this body. FCPA only works on the naked body and is not so far away from HGEC A cup. Mostly we have D cup. You have one body for all naked females. There is a mod ( not here on Tesnexus) changebody. There you can chose the body of a naked female via a spell. For an enhanced modder there are some other ways of changing by making the different bodys to clothes. This only works on naked females.

2 DMRA for the naked body you have to decide, but you can use DMRA Clothes with HGEC Body and you will see DMRA

BBB is for nearly every body available but you need an BBB animation replacer to get it to work.

3 Yes it is possible, for me it would take a lot of hours time working on CS but it is posssible. I do not know how familiar you ar with CS.

1) I've decided to go with HGEC female as it has animations for it and such, I think a lot of other stuff is based off of this one to. I'll try searching for that spell

2) Ah, so HGEC can use DMRA clothes, but DRMA can't use all of HGEC's clothes?

3) Lol, I don't know what CS stands for, but I have a little (big emphasis on little) bit of modding experience on other games. I've never created other mods though.

Thank you for the reply!

CS is the official Construction Set for Oblivion.

The way that clothes and armor work in the game is they "become" the body part the cover. That means if you have a DMRA character and put a top on that is designed as A-cup your character will now appear as A-cup. Change into a top designed as D-cup and your character will now be D-cup. If you take off either the A-cup shirt or D-cup shirt your character will revert to Dual Melons.

Often this will cause problems with body seams (DMRA waist and ankles are different that standard HGEC). For example, if you put on a DMRA top and mix it with a bottom designed for HGEC S (or any size actually) you'll see a seam at the waist and ankles. That's why it's recommended to use clothes/armor designed for your installed body type/size (though if you stick to regular HGEC you can generally mix any top and bottom size from that regular HGEC group).

Animations are one size fits all characters (everyone uses the same walk for example) unless you use a mod that assigns different walks or an OBSE plugin such as Blockhead and do the assigning yourself.

Edited by Striker879

CS is the official Construction Set for Oblivion.

The way that clothes and armor work in the game is they "become" the body part the cover. That means if you have a DMRA character and put a top on that is designed as A-cup your character will now appear as A-cup. Change into a top designed as D-cup and your character will now be D-cup. If you take off either the A-cup shirt or D-cup shirt your character will revert to Dual Melons.

Often this will cause problems with body seams (DMRA waist and ankles are different that standard HGEC). For example, if you put on a DMRA top and mix it with a bottom designed for HGEC S (or any size actually) you'll see a seam at the waist and ankles. That's why it's recommended to use clothes/armor designed for your installed body type/size (though if you stick to regular HGEC you can generally mix any top and bottom size from that regular HGEC group).

Animations are one size fits all characters (everyone uses the same walk for example) unless you use a mod that assigns different walks or an OBSE plugin such as Blockhead and do the assigning yourself.

Ohhh, thanks! That would explain why I'm seeing so many clothes converted. DMRA and DMRA-GUTS may not seem worth it with the vast amount of clothes for HGEC. I found BBB animation for HGEC so I think i'll be okay from there. DMRA-GUTS has a thicker thigh available, if I don't use that model, could I use the other DMRA clothes?

As for CS, I can't rename the female files as male files then replace them? Instead, I'd have to use CS to do whatever I have to do to swap all of male stuff to the female stuff?

I'm not 100% certain if the waist seam lines up between the regular DMRA upperbody mesh and DMRA GUTS lowerbody mesh (other spot to check is the ankles, but you could just use the DMRA GUTS foot mesh). You can simply replace meshes in Oblivion\Data\meshes\characters\_male with different ones renamed appropriately for the nude bodies. Some clothing/armor mods are set up as one piece, which makes mix and match difficult unless you use Blender (a 3D editing program) to break things up. You can either install a bunch of mods and try them out to see what works or doesn't or use another program called NifSkope to check out the meshes beforehand. Either way you need to see them in-game to really decide.

There is a mod that does the all female world for you ... Oblivion The L World.

I'm not 100% certain if the waist seam lines up between the regular DMRA upperbody mesh and DMRA GUTS lowerbody mesh (other spot to check is the ankles, but you could just use the DMRA GUTS foot mesh). You can simply replace meshes in Oblivion\Data\meshes\characters\_male with different ones renamed appropriately for the nude bodies. Some clothing/armor mods are set up as one piece, which makes mix and match difficult unless you use Blender (a 3D editing program) to break things up. You can either install a bunch of mods and try them out to see what works or doesn't or use another program called NifSkope to check out the meshes beforehand. Either way you need to see them in-game to really decide.

There is a mod that does the all female world for you ... Oblivion The L World.

Yeah, I should probably attempt this and see for myself; knowledge before hand doesn't hurt though. I'd probably try them out in-game, I've seen some pictures of NifSkope and had no clue what I was looking at.

I haven't seen that mod, many thanks, you made my day today!

Rome wasn't built in a day ... what makes little sense today will someday. I've used NifSkope for more than a year and have hardly scratched the surface. Got Blender a couple of month back but haven't even cracked it open beyond confirming it runs. It'll be a long time before I run out of stuff to learn.