Race Specials

Maniac3020

How do I add, or edit the attributes in the specials box of the race editor window? The only option I see is to delete, and I don't want to do that.

Are you trying to do it from the "race" tab? You can't do it that way. In the construction set there should be a tray that is always open with a list of all the people, diseases, powers and what-not in the game. Find the ability list, then find the ability you want to change. You'll be able to edit it from that list or make a new one. If you make a new one, drag and drop it onto your race's specials box.

How do I add, or edit the attributes in the specials box of the race editor window? The only option I see is to delete, and I don't want to do that.

Are you trying to do it from the "race" tab? You can't do it that way. In the construction set there should be a tray that is always open with a list of all the people, diseases, powers and what-not in the game. Find the ability list, then find the ability you want to change. You'll be able to edit it from that list or make a new one. If you make a new one, drag and drop it onto your race's specials box.

Would this affect a character that's already created, or just new characters, created after I make this change?

Would this affect a character that's already created, or just new characters, created after I make this change?

If your editing a race... then every member of that race (including the player if you are part of the same race) will be affected. most npcs wont be changed if your editing the spells .. as most of the npcs do not have there racial spells or birthsigns for that matter. All player characters will be changed if they are a member of the race that has been changed, i believe. :thumbsup: good luck with what you want to do

If you edited an existing spell or power, then that spell or power will work differently for all characters, NPCs and enemies that use it. If you added a new spell or power, then you would have to create a new character for your character to have it.

I don't know when NPCs are "created" so I can't say if they would have your new powers.